Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#141378 08/31/03 07:11 PM
Nqoire Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I hate to bother you all again, but I still am without a beta reader. I'd really, really, really, appreciate if someone would volunteer to help. I beta read pretty often so I know what a huge undertaking this is and you have my most heartfelt thanks in advance.

I am a very conservative rater, I always go with the worst possible rating so as not to offend anyone. To date the story has no PG or PG-13 material, but PG material at least will be added in later, and possibly some PG-13.

This is the first story in a trilogy called Rebirth. All three stories will be long, in excess of at least a hundred, and possibly several hundred pages. I have the basic A and B plot worked out and am now writing it out {a slow and tedious process} I am looking for a beta reader only for the first story at this time.

I use a mixture of English and American spellings and grammar.

I am looking for a beta reader who is willing to work with me over a period of time as I write the story, checking for minor typos and holes in the plot line.

If you would like any info on the story line, or have any questions, don't hesitate to email me at nqoire@hotmail.com

Again, you have my heartfelt thanks in advance.

Imagine.
#141379 09/01/03 11:11 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Good luck! I know you've posted before and I hope you find someone.

One thing I noticed when I read your other ad is that you mentioned that there wouldn't be a happy ending to the story. I'm wondering if that might be what's scaring some people off from offering to BR, since most of us do prefer happy endings to follow our angst. smile

Maybe it would help if you explained what you meant by that? For example, do you just mean that the a-plot won't be wrapped up in a neat little bow at the end (which other authors have done as well), or that you will end the story will Lois and Clark apart, etc.? Or if they do end the first story apart as a cliffhanger, do you plan to fix things in the later stories?

I'm not sure if this is why you aren't getting any responses to what was a very well written request, but it's what came to my mind. smile

Kathy

#141380 09/01/03 01:56 PM
Nqoire Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
This is the first in a three part series. The first story {the one I'm looking for a beta for} has a few heartbreakers in it and Lois and Clark don't end up together, but rather quite alienated. The next story will explore the possibility of them getting back together.

The basic premise of the story is simple. How would Lois react if she found out Clark was Superman after her botched wedding to Luthor? The A plot has to do with the foster care system and {of course} corruption. The A plot will be resolved. I hope this helps! Feel free to email me with any questions.

Nqoire

Imagine.
#141381 09/01/03 03:19 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It may just be the length that's making it difficult. I'd love to help - I love beta reading - and was almost tempted to say send it along. But at a hundred to several hundred pages, I just know I don't have the time right now to devote to that, which would be less than fair.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#141382 09/01/03 05:20 PM
Nqoire Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I fear I am being difficult. :rolleyes:

Imagine.
#141383 09/02/03 12:31 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOL, not at all, Nqoire. We love epic fanfic and many of us love beta reading - it's just that pesky RL (not you, Roger) that gets in the way of our fun and mucks us up. razz

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#141384 09/02/03 02:12 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Has anyone mentioned this to Laurie? She doesn't read these boards so she won't have seen it, but she *adores* long stories... You could reach her on the fanfic list, Nqoire -- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LCFic/

Just a thought smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#141385 09/05/03 05:08 PM
Nqoire Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
A few more details now that I have the story outlined all the way {something I've never managed to accomplish before O_O}

It's outlined into 13 chapters, between 10 and 20 pages each. It could fluctuate from 11 to 16 or so chapters, depending on how my muse throws information at me.

Overall, the A and B plots split the time about equally, I think. Though the story has a lot of tragedy in it, there are quite a few comic sections, or at least fun sections.

Again, thanks to all those who have helped me so far, and I apologize to those people I keep bugging.

Nqoire ( Who is currently trying to figure out how the fanfic list works.)

Imagine.
#141386 09/08/03 05:32 PM
Nqoire Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Thank's to all on the boards! Y'all are so great! Two wonderful people volunteered to beta for me. I appreciate all the help y'all have been.

Nqoire

Imagine.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard