Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#141289 08/27/03 08:16 PM
BanAnna Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
I remember a challenge a while ago for people to write stories with titles beginning with the letter 'Z'. It might have been before these mbs were created, I'm not sure.

At any rate, I was browsing around the archive, and I noticed that there are still no stories that start with 'Z'. I thought I remembered people answering the challenge, so where are the stories? Did they never get submitted? Did they never get finished? Are they like socks (they go into the dryer and never come out)? Does anyone know?

Just wondering. smile

~Anna

#141290 08/27/03 11:57 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
That was my challenge, as I recall. As I remember it there only ever was one story written in response - by Anne Spear? - but I don't remember it being submitted to the Archive. I think it was posted to the fanfic mailing list - but don't quote me on that; I could be way off beam here knowing my memory. goofy

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#141291 08/28/03 12:23 AM
Kerth
Kerth

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#141292 08/28/03 12:34 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Aha! Thanks, Jose.

So, now I'm asking: Anne...why hasn't this hit my mailbox yet? laugh

Just think, you're missing out on the (dubious) honour of being the only author to have their story listed under Z on the Archive. goofy

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
#141293 08/28/03 01:00 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hmmm... Z is for... ?? :p

I think for now I'll concentrate on J and maybe K <g>

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#141294 08/28/03 06:32 AM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Originally posted by LabRat:
So, now I'm asking: Anne...why hasn't this hit my mailbox yet? laugh
Imagine my astonishment to open this thread and see y'all discussing my story!! shock

As far as why I haven't submitted it yet...blame RL! After I finished posting it here, I got a lot of mixed feedback...which is absolutely wonderful because it was all constructive...but now I really want to fix some of the issues and repost it here...or maybe to the mailing list or both before I send it to the archive.

Unfortunately, I've been really busy with work and Mom coming to visit (today...yea!) and general real life kinda stuff so I haven't had a chance to work on it lately. Plus, for some reason, my muse would rather help me with my TOGOM rewrite (something I told myself I would never do) lately.

So, that's the whole sad story. Probably a lot more than anyone wanted/needed to hear. However, now that I know there's some interest, I will try to steer the muse in that direction instead.

Thanx for listenin'!

peep

Anne >^,,^<

"I only know how to make four things, and this is the only one without chocolate." Lois Lane "All My I've Got a Crush on You 10/24/1993
#141295 08/28/03 11:08 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Frustrating, Anne, and I certainly know the feeling! Well, my mailbox will be waiting whenever you get around to sending it. smile

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
#141296 08/28/03 05:10 PM
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
As far as why I haven't submitted it yet...blame RL!
Paul pointed this out to me today, but I have to say that I deny all blame for this vociferously. I had nothing to do with it. wink

I'm innocent, I tell you! goofy

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
#141297 08/29/03 03:45 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
LOL Roger, and good luck, Anne, in getting the story fixed up.

But Pam, if you were looking to see if anyone was interested ....

Hmmm... Z is for... ??
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's fine, Pam, you just keep working on J and maybe K ... and then L, M, N ... all the way to the end. Z might find them in retirement, but I don't care. I love this universe!! drool

Kathy (who thinks FoLCdom needs its own Sue Grafton goofy )

#141298 09/02/03 02:28 PM
C
Blogger
Blogger
C
I have been working on a story for two years to go into the "Z" list. The only problem is: it isn't finished yet! whinging Ever since I started reading the stories at lcfanfic.com, I have always wanted to put a story there, I'm just not finished. I have about 5 or 6 parts left to write. The title is "Zoe Meta" (translated Life After). I'm going to start posting the parts soon, but wanted to have plenty of buffer, b/c RL is about to get VERY busy! dizzy
SB

"Everything is okay in the end... If it's not okay, then it's not the end." ~Anonymous
#141299 09/03/03 09:37 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Zoe Meta
clap clap /me so glad that someone uses Greek smile

AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard