Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: BanAnna Z stories - 08/28/03 12:16 AM
I remember a challenge a while ago for people to write stories with titles beginning with the letter 'Z'. It might have been before these mbs were created, I'm not sure.

At any rate, I was browsing around the archive, and I noticed that there are still no stories that start with 'Z'. I thought I remembered people answering the challenge, so where are the stories? Did they never get submitted? Did they never get finished? Are they like socks (they go into the dryer and never come out)? Does anyone know?

Just wondering. smile

~Anna
Posted By: LabRat Re: Z stories - 08/28/03 03:57 AM
That was my challenge, as I recall. As I remember it there only ever was one story written in response - by Anne Spear? - but I don't remember it being submitted to the Archive. I think it was posted to the fanfic mailing list - but don't quote me on that; I could be way off beam here knowing my memory. goofy

LabRat smile
Posted By: daneel Re: Z stories - 08/28/03 04:23 AM
Zebedee\'s Sons

Jose smile1
Posted By: LabRat Re: Z stories - 08/28/03 04:34 AM
Aha! Thanks, Jose.

So, now I'm asking: Anne...why hasn't this hit my mailbox yet? laugh

Just think, you're missing out on the (dubious) honour of being the only author to have their story listed under Z on the Archive. goofy

LabRat smile
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: Z stories - 08/28/03 05:00 AM
Hmmm... Z is for... ?? :p

I think for now I'll concentrate on J and maybe K <g>

PJ
Posted By: Anne Spear Re: Z stories - 08/28/03 10:32 AM
Originally posted by LabRat:
So, now I'm asking: Anne...why hasn't this hit my mailbox yet? laugh
Imagine my astonishment to open this thread and see y'all discussing my story!! shock

As far as why I haven't submitted it yet...blame RL! After I finished posting it here, I got a lot of mixed feedback...which is absolutely wonderful because it was all constructive...but now I really want to fix some of the issues and repost it here...or maybe to the mailing list or both before I send it to the archive.

Unfortunately, I've been really busy with work and Mom coming to visit (today...yea!) and general real life kinda stuff so I haven't had a chance to work on it lately. Plus, for some reason, my muse would rather help me with my TOGOM rewrite (something I told myself I would never do) lately.

So, that's the whole sad story. Probably a lot more than anyone wanted/needed to hear. However, now that I know there's some interest, I will try to steer the muse in that direction instead.

Thanx for listenin'!

peep
Posted By: LabRat Re: Z stories - 08/28/03 03:08 PM
Frustrating, Anne, and I certainly know the feeling! Well, my mailbox will be waiting whenever you get around to sending it. smile

LabRat smile
Posted By: RL Re: Z stories - 08/28/03 09:10 PM
As far as why I haven't submitted it yet...blame RL!
Paul pointed this out to me today, but I have to say that I deny all blame for this vociferously. I had nothing to do with it. wink

I'm innocent, I tell you! goofy
Posted By: KathyB Re: Z stories - 08/29/03 07:45 AM
LOL Roger, and good luck, Anne, in getting the story fixed up.

But Pam, if you were looking to see if anyone was interested ....

Hmmm... Z is for... ??
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's fine, Pam, you just keep working on J and maybe K ... and then L, M, N ... all the way to the end. Z might find them in retirement, but I don't care. I love this universe!! drool

Kathy (who thinks FoLCdom needs its own Sue Grafton goofy )
Posted By: clrgard Re: Z stories - 09/02/03 06:28 PM
I have been working on a story for two years to go into the "Z" list. The only problem is: it isn't finished yet! whinging Ever since I started reading the stories at lcfanfic.com, I have always wanted to put a story there, I'm just not finished. I have about 5 or 6 parts left to write. The title is "Zoe Meta" (translated Life After). I'm going to start posting the parts soon, but wanted to have plenty of buffer, b/c RL is about to get VERY busy! dizzy
SB
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: Z stories - 09/03/03 01:37 PM
Zoe Meta
clap clap /me so glad that someone uses Greek smile

AnnaBtG.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards