Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Okay, I had a kind of a thought... well, first I was thinking of how to write better kissing scenes, myself, and so I thought I'd ask everyone to post some good examples for me laugh but then I wondered if it might not be more fun to turn it into a quiz...

Rules are -- one person posts a kiss. Just one or two paragraphs of description. And then, whoever can first name the story and author gets to post one of their favorites for someone else to figure out. Easy, right? goofy

He headed directly for his apartment, landing on the balcony. At once his hands shifted, sliding gently around to her back, and he bent his head and kissed her.

Lois gasped in surprise, and was quickly lost in a rush of pleasure. Clark was holding nothing back, one hand holding her hips firmly against his, the other caressing her back and the nape of her neck. She yielded to the insistent pressure of his lips, and his tongue took possession of her mouth, plundering her depths over and over. She moaned and slid her arms up around his neck, tangling her fingers in his thick, soft hair and drawing him still closer.
This one may be a little obscure, but hey, in a pinch there's always Google wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, my first thought was Kathy's When Lovers Become More, because it's the first balcony-kiss which came to mind, especially one as passionate as this. Also, Kathy writes darn good kisses. smile

However, then I noticed this:
one hand holding her hips firmly against his, the other caressing her back and the nape of her neck
Call me a pedant, or lacking in imagination (perhaps even experience! blush ), but it just seems a little awkward that his hand is caressing her back and also moving around to her front to caress the nape of her neck. I mean, they sound as though they're too squashed together for this to be comfortable or even particularly feasible. <g>

So that, together with the fact that Pam said this is obscure, leaves me stumped. Yeah, I could Google, but I'm not ready to win yet. wink

Yvonne
(with apologies to whoever wrote that kiss, which is otherwise totally ravishing)

Merriwether
Merriwether
You're right, Yvonne, this isn't my kiss (though thank you very much for the compliments! smile1 ) but I might be just as guilty as the author because I always thought the nape of the neck applied to the back of the neck, not the front. (Looking it up in the dictionary to be sure ... yup, that's what mine says. smile )

So I picture Clark's hand caressing her upper back and moving to the back of her neck ... um, can I play Lois in this scene? drool

No guess as to what story it might be from, though, and like Yvonne, I'm not ready to win yet by googling... this is a great idea for a game, Pam! Very fun!

Kathy

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Kathy beat me to it - I too have always imagined the nape of the neck to be at the back, so I just imagined his hand running up and down, from the base of her neck and along her spine.

No idea who this belongs to either, btw. <G>
And, yes, fun idea, Pam! hyper

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, well - you live and learn. All these years, I've been back to front. :rolleyes: Maybe that explains a few things about me. laugh

Yvonne

Top Banana
Top Banana
I had to do a google, but I found it.

It's Meredith's response to the 30 minute Episode Extention Challenge, called "Illusions of Grandeur."

Try this one next:

He didn't make another sound or protest after that. Lois
would have smiled smugly if her lips hadn't been otherwise
engaged at the moment. She noticed that he seemed to
immediately surrender to her, his mouth fusing itself to
hers over and over again. 'Not attracted to me, my foot,'
she thought with an inward, satisfied grin. Who did he
think he was kidding? Clark Kent was like putty in her
hands.

Speaking of hands, she realized belatedly that his had come
up to cradle her face. She could feel the warm skin of his
palms pressed against her cheeks and his thumbs gently
sweeping across her cheekbones. She couldn't help it; she
shivered at the tender touch.
Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh, I know that one! That's Tracey's oh, so wonderful...'Proven With A Kiss'!!! smile1 And I'm so proud because I didn't even have to Google it. <g>

I guess that means I have to find a smoochie to post now though...so, ok here we go! Next smoochie:

"I'm such an idiot," he muttered against her hair.

She slightly drew back, keeping him at arm's length and smiling
through her tears. "You and me both," she said before bending down
and pressing her mouth to his.

Her first kiss was tentative, a sweet touch of her lips on his, as if
tasting him for the first time, letting the sensation course through
them in a wave of tenderness. She pulled away, leaving just an inch
of space between them, keeping her eyes closed in an expression of
pure bliss, and then she was falling forward into his kiss, deepening
the encounter until he was eagerly responding to the strokes of her
tongue and moaning into her mouth. She tangled her fingers in his
hair, pulling him even closer, barely pausing as she gasped for air
before joining her lips to his again.

But as much as Clark was enjoying her sweet attentions, he didn't
want to relive this morning again, and he slowly pulled away from
her, bringing up a hand to her face to cup her cheek. The small moan
that escaped her mouth as he did so made him want to kiss her again,
forget about his earlier concern, but the memories of the morning
were still too fresh, and he didn't want to take the risk and
experience the same guilt again.
Jill goofy

Beaker: Special Talents: Scientific assistant, Victim
Last Book Read: "1001 Meeps to a Bigger Vocabulary"
Quote: "Meep! Meep! Meep!"
Never Leaves Home Without: Medical Coverage
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
This is from Kaethel's "Near Wild Heaven - Half a World Away." The tip-off for me was the phrase, "I'm such an idiot." I'd read it recently and had that phrase stick in my mind for some reason.

Anyway, here's one:

He looked at her standing across the room from him and was
once again mesmerized by how the blue lace of her gown
clung to her hips, how its rich colour contrasted with the
creaminess of her throat and the swell of her breasts. He
wanted, needed to touch her. Slowly, he walked toward her,
his eyes holding hers, and then he was beside her, slipping
his hand through the thickness of her dark hair as he
slowly bent his head towards hers. And then he was kissing
her, slowly, very slowly, his lips learning hers as they
moved beneath his own.

Breathless, they pulled away from each other. She dropped
her head on his shoulder, and spoke against it, her voice
muffled. "This isn't going the way I planned."

"No? Right now, it's going the way I'd hoped."

Her head snapped up at his words, ready to challenge him
for the control she felt she was losing, and she met his
eyes and saw that it wasn't about control at all. What she
saw was a guy with a goofy grin on his face and a look in
his dark eyes that she'd never seen before. Ever.

"So you had plans, did you?" he continued.

"You make me crazy, Clark Kent-Superman."

His eyes glinted at that. He kissed her again, holding her
shoulders in his strong hands, pulling her against him, and
this time his kiss was hungry, demanding. "Like you don't
drive me nuts," he murmured against her mouth. "Like you
haven't driven me nuts since the first day we met."

She slid her arms around his neck and returned his kiss
forcefully, passionately, and he staggered back a step,
momentarily off balance, pulling her against him as he did.

She came up for air. "Good, that's good."

"Yeah, it was," he said, dipping his mouth to hers again.

She stepped back, eluding him. "No, no. I meant it's good
I make you nuts."

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Features Writer
Features Writer
Ah, Roger, you beat me to the punch. I had identified Kaethel's and was trying to decide which kiss I was going to choose when you posted. But that's OK, your choice was one of my candidates - so I don't need to spend any time searching for the answer smile It's Carol's marvelous "Yesterday, Upon the Stair".

Here's another fantastic one:
Realizing suddenly what he had done, Clark pulled back, allowing Lois to escape his kiss, but instead she shivered almost uncontrollably, giving everything over to their moment. Thunder clapped close above them as she frantically reached up to wrap two wet hands around the back of his head, pulling his mouth back to hers, not letting him get away.

Clark couldn't get enough of the feel of her kiss or the way that she whimpered into his mouth, pulling passionately on his lips as she asked for more. He willingly complied, deepening the kiss until it became desperate, hungry, urgent.

He moved one hand up to cup the side of her head, feeling the power of the storm and the rain as it trickled across their faces and into their mouths at every gasp for breath. He pulled his fingers through her dark, wet hair. Soon, Lois's tongue extended out to taste him. She made a small sound in the back of her throat, begging him to take the kiss still deeper. As his tongue swept past her teeth, she gave it full access to the warm, moist cavity of her mouth, meeting him pull for pull.
KathyM (so many smoochies, so little time...) [Linked Image]

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hah! Knew this one instantly! I think I really like this game. <g> This is from the fabulous 'When Friends Become Lovers' by Kathy Brown and Demi. goofy

Beaker: Special Talents: Scientific assistant, Victim
Last Book Read: "1001 Meeps to a Bigger Vocabulary"
Quote: "Meep! Meep! Meep!"
Never Leaves Home Without: Medical Coverage
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
This is from Labrat's "Sugar and Spice," one of my favorites.

Here's another one:

It still took him a moment to meet her eyes. She realized that his eyes were moist - as if he were on the verge of tears. Her heart went out to him. Without thinking it through, she did the only thing that came to mind. She leaned over and lightly kissed him.

She pulled back almost immediately, only to find that his hand had slipped from hers so that he could wrap both arms around her. He began pulling her back to him. This time, his lips found hers. Why didn't she push him away? In retrospect, she'd come up with a hundred different reasons, including that she was just so surprised. However, she already knew that Clark was a great kisser. He'd kissed her for the first time just before Trask had thrown her out of an airplane and then during a stakeout at the honeymoon suite at the Lexor hotel. She'd kissed Superman on a couple of occasions as well.

So, when his lips lightly brushed over hers, she found herself involuntarily responding. It was less than a second before his lips once more caressed hers - as gently as the first time. However, this time, he lingered before his lips pushed gently against hers, his tongue lightly touching her lips.

The surrender was almost unconscious when she opened her mouth and found his tongue with hers. She knew his taste from their previous kisses - but never imagined how powerfully it would affect her now. Maybe, without her knowing it, her feelings for Clark had changed over the last few months. Whatever the reason, two kisses turned into three followed by four and five. Each kiss seemed to last longer and be a little more intimate than the one before. Soon both had lost count - becoming completely lost to the activity.

Without abandoning his lips, Lois adjusted her position, slipping her arms around his neck. When he reclined on the couch, she followed him over until she was lying against his chest. Suddenly it occurred to Lois what she was doing. She tried pulling away only to catch sight of his kiss-swollen lips and the dreamy look in his eyes. She groaned. Unable to stop herself, she lowered herself against him to once again find his lips.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
blush Thanks, Jill and Roger. goofy Although I thought it sounded pretty good. laugh )

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ahh, Superstud by ML Thompson

Jen
(who always knew that being a smooch junkie would pay off one day)

Okie dokie found one:

She turned to face him, lifting her lips to brush lightly against his. He froze for a split-second, shocked, then returned her kiss.

Clark's head whirled. He was kissing her. Really kissing her. Not just a friendly kiss on the cheek. Not a pretense to keep from blowing their cover. A real kiss. Her lips felt soft and smooth under his. His hand moved
instinctively, brushing her hair from her face and resting against her cheek.

It was as incredible as he'd known it would be. It was chaste, yet powerful. There was such tenderness, such warmth in their touch. He'd never felt anything so wonderful in his life.

Lois felt like she was melting. The world around her was gone, and all she could think about was the feel of Clark's lips on hers, caressing them softly. His hand came up and
cradled her face, holding her gently. It was.... She felt.... Incredible.

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Merriwether
Merriwether
That's OK, LabRat ... I had to read the earlier excerpt twice to recognize it was from WFBL. <g>

Actually, my first thought was "this sounds like something Demi wrote" ... and LOL, it turned out I was right. She wrote that particular kiss. <g>

Kathy

Features Writer
Features Writer
Ooh, I know this one too, it's Annie M's wonderful "Playing the Part". And there were equally wonderful kisses in the sequel, but I won't quote from that right now, because that would be too easy. smile

And yet another magnificent scene [Linked Image]

"Then I don't need a hero, I just need you," she whispered tearfully. "You are what I have faith in."

He pulled his hand away from hers. She lowered her head and began to back away from him. But she felt him suddenly reach out to caress her cheek and thread his fingers through her hair. He closed the distance between them and kissed her fiercely.

She felt a jolt surge through her at the contact and she responded to the wonderful pressure of his lips against hers. Her lips parted to allow access to his insistent tongue. His kiss was passionate and desperate, driven by hunger, need, and desire. Lois felt like she was drunk on the taste of him. She couldn't get enough of him. She was addicted to the feeling of his mouth against hers. He groaned and she felt a shiver tingle through her body, increasing in force until it felt like all her nerve endings were on the point of bursting. She brought her hands up to run through his thick, dark hair. She kissed his cheek, and left a trail of kisses down the line of his jaw and up to his ear.

Merriwether
Merriwether
/me grumbles about people using stories that are not on the Archive ... first Roger with Carol Malo's "Yesterday" and now you, KathyM!

On the other hand, I now have two stories that I can look forward to being posted. Nag the authors! Submit those stories! <g>

Kathy

Features Writer
Features Writer
No, Kathy, I'm afraid you can't grumble at me - this story *is* on the Archive and you can google it if you need to... smile

KathyM

Merriwether
Merriwether
I did google it, Kathy, on two different lines, and came up empty. huh Stranger and stranger ...

Glad to hear both this and Yesterday are supposed to be on the Archive, though. Carol Malo is probably why the heck I emailed her asking where I could find the story. <g> I *knew* I had seen it there before; I thought my memory was playing tricks on me!

Off to go searching again ... maybe I'll choose some better lines this time. <g>

Kathy (or someone else could find the answer and post it ... save me the trouble. <g>)

Features Writer
Features Writer
Hey people, I'm sorry. I've been away from my computer all day - I just recently got back to it and found an email from Kathy B. saying that she had tried several lines from the scene that I posted in the Google search and nothing worked.

Well, so now I've tested it too. And nothing works for me either, and I haven't a clue why! It's in the Archives - Raconteur's wonderful "Burden of Conscience".

So I thought I would choose an alternative scene to post, but that I would test-google it first. And the next story I tried...it didn't work either! Something very weird is going on here... But third time's the charm, if you would like to try this one:

Giving in to the intense desire to kiss her, to show her rather than tell her how he felt about her, he slowly lowered his head to hers, closed his eyes in anticipation, and touched his lips lightly to hers.

Suddenly the world around him seemed to disappear as they became one in the moment, and all that mattered to him was the feel of the woman in his arms, suddenly yielding, open, and most surprisingly, responsive. When the initial shock of what was happening wore off, Clark found her kiss heady, inviting, intoxicating. It was unlike anything he'd ever experienced before, and he knew in that instant, it wasn't enough. He wanted more.

Tightening his arms around her, he pulled her even closer and let his instincts take over. Softening his lips against hers, he let them play over hers, nibbling, tasting, caressing. He couldn't get enough of the feel of her lips on his, gentle, supple and firm. As their kiss deepened, he heard her quick intake of breath, as if she was surprised by the intensity of the moment. He half expected her to pull away from him, but she surprised him by letting her body melt against him, yielding to his every touch. She moaned into his mouth, and his heart rate quickly doubled. Spurred on by her little sounds of pleasure, his tongue found its way between her parted lips and began to explore the tiny crevices of her mouth, before finally entwining his tongue with her own.
KathyM

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, I am all over this one. Marriage Pact by Erin Klinger

How about this wink
Hmm I tried lining it up properly, but it doesn't seem to like me tonight, sorry.

Clark was cut off mid-sentence as Lois stepped quickly into his arms, wrapped her arms securely around his neck, and attached her lips to his. Through a haze of surprise mixed with absolute joy, Clark struggled to recover his sanity. It was a task he soon gave up in order to fold his arms around her body and hold her, letting his hands roam across her back and bare shoulders.

Clark felt a shudder travel though his entire body as he felt the tip of her tongue brush against his. He had been so careful when he'd
kissed her on the dance floor, wanting to show his enthusiasm, but still keeping his passion in tight check. The last thing he'd wanted to do tonight was to scare her off ... to apply pressure and have her retreat again. And so he'd been careful not to let his kisses reach this level, to get this passionate. But once Lois had taken that initiative, it was like
the floodgates had opened. With a groan rumbling deep in his throat, Clark pulled her even closer to him, one hand on the small of her back, the other reaching up to cup the back of her head. He deepened the kiss while Lois tangled her fingers in his own thick dark hair.

The kiss continued, but for a ravenous Clark Kent, there never would be enough time to taste her fully. Lois must have agreed because, as
their lips parted, even before they had managed to take in a breath, she fell back into his arms and let him capture her mouth again in
much shorter, though no less passion-filled version of the first encounter.

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard