Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Okay, I had a kind of a thought... well, first I was thinking of how to write better kissing scenes, myself, and so I thought I'd ask everyone to post some good examples for me laugh but then I wondered if it might not be more fun to turn it into a quiz...

Rules are -- one person posts a kiss. Just one or two paragraphs of description. And then, whoever can first name the story and author gets to post one of their favorites for someone else to figure out. Easy, right? goofy

He headed directly for his apartment, landing on the balcony. At once his hands shifted, sliding gently around to her back, and he bent his head and kissed her.

Lois gasped in surprise, and was quickly lost in a rush of pleasure. Clark was holding nothing back, one hand holding her hips firmly against his, the other caressing her back and the nape of her neck. She yielded to the insistent pressure of his lips, and his tongue took possession of her mouth, plundering her depths over and over. She moaned and slid her arms up around his neck, tangling her fingers in his thick, soft hair and drawing him still closer.
This one may be a little obscure, but hey, in a pinch there's always Google wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, my first thought was Kathy's When Lovers Become More, because it's the first balcony-kiss which came to mind, especially one as passionate as this. Also, Kathy writes darn good kisses. smile

However, then I noticed this:
one hand holding her hips firmly against his, the other caressing her back and the nape of her neck
Call me a pedant, or lacking in imagination (perhaps even experience! blush ), but it just seems a little awkward that his hand is caressing her back and also moving around to her front to caress the nape of her neck. I mean, they sound as though they're too squashed together for this to be comfortable or even particularly feasible. <g>

So that, together with the fact that Pam said this is obscure, leaves me stumped. Yeah, I could Google, but I'm not ready to win yet. wink

Yvonne
(with apologies to whoever wrote that kiss, which is otherwise totally ravishing)

Merriwether
Merriwether
You're right, Yvonne, this isn't my kiss (though thank you very much for the compliments! smile1 ) but I might be just as guilty as the author because I always thought the nape of the neck applied to the back of the neck, not the front. (Looking it up in the dictionary to be sure ... yup, that's what mine says. smile )

So I picture Clark's hand caressing her upper back and moving to the back of her neck ... um, can I play Lois in this scene? drool

No guess as to what story it might be from, though, and like Yvonne, I'm not ready to win yet by googling... this is a great idea for a game, Pam! Very fun!

Kathy

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Kathy beat me to it - I too have always imagined the nape of the neck to be at the back, so I just imagined his hand running up and down, from the base of her neck and along her spine.

No idea who this belongs to either, btw. <G>
And, yes, fun idea, Pam! hyper

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, well - you live and learn. All these years, I've been back to front. :rolleyes: Maybe that explains a few things about me. laugh

Yvonne

Top Banana
Top Banana
I had to do a google, but I found it.

It's Meredith's response to the 30 minute Episode Extention Challenge, called "Illusions of Grandeur."

Try this one next:

He didn't make another sound or protest after that. Lois
would have smiled smugly if her lips hadn't been otherwise
engaged at the moment. She noticed that he seemed to
immediately surrender to her, his mouth fusing itself to
hers over and over again. 'Not attracted to me, my foot,'
she thought with an inward, satisfied grin. Who did he
think he was kidding? Clark Kent was like putty in her
hands.

Speaking of hands, she realized belatedly that his had come
up to cradle her face. She could feel the warm skin of his
palms pressed against her cheeks and his thumbs gently
sweeping across her cheekbones. She couldn't help it; she
shivered at the tender touch.
Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh, I know that one! That's Tracey's oh, so wonderful...'Proven With A Kiss'!!! smile1 And I'm so proud because I didn't even have to Google it. <g>

I guess that means I have to find a smoochie to post now though...so, ok here we go! Next smoochie:

"I'm such an idiot," he muttered against her hair.

She slightly drew back, keeping him at arm's length and smiling
through her tears. "You and me both," she said before bending down
and pressing her mouth to his.

Her first kiss was tentative, a sweet touch of her lips on his, as if
tasting him for the first time, letting the sensation course through
them in a wave of tenderness. She pulled away, leaving just an inch
of space between them, keeping her eyes closed in an expression of
pure bliss, and then she was falling forward into his kiss, deepening
the encounter until he was eagerly responding to the strokes of her
tongue and moaning into her mouth. She tangled her fingers in his
hair, pulling him even closer, barely pausing as she gasped for air
before joining her lips to his again.

But as much as Clark was enjoying her sweet attentions, he didn't
want to relive this morning again, and he slowly pulled away from
her, bringing up a hand to her face to cup her cheek. The small moan
that escaped her mouth as he did so made him want to kiss her again,
forget about his earlier concern, but the memories of the morning
were still too fresh, and he didn't want to take the risk and
experience the same guilt again.
Jill goofy

Beaker: Special Talents: Scientific assistant, Victim
Last Book Read: "1001 Meeps to a Bigger Vocabulary"
Quote: "Meep! Meep! Meep!"
Never Leaves Home Without: Medical Coverage
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
This is from Kaethel's "Near Wild Heaven - Half a World Away." The tip-off for me was the phrase, "I'm such an idiot." I'd read it recently and had that phrase stick in my mind for some reason.

Anyway, here's one:

He looked at her standing across the room from him and was
once again mesmerized by how the blue lace of her gown
clung to her hips, how its rich colour contrasted with the
creaminess of her throat and the swell of her breasts. He
wanted, needed to touch her. Slowly, he walked toward her,
his eyes holding hers, and then he was beside her, slipping
his hand through the thickness of her dark hair as he
slowly bent his head towards hers. And then he was kissing
her, slowly, very slowly, his lips learning hers as they
moved beneath his own.

Breathless, they pulled away from each other. She dropped
her head on his shoulder, and spoke against it, her voice
muffled. "This isn't going the way I planned."

"No? Right now, it's going the way I'd hoped."

Her head snapped up at his words, ready to challenge him
for the control she felt she was losing, and she met his
eyes and saw that it wasn't about control at all. What she
saw was a guy with a goofy grin on his face and a look in
his dark eyes that she'd never seen before. Ever.

"So you had plans, did you?" he continued.

"You make me crazy, Clark Kent-Superman."

His eyes glinted at that. He kissed her again, holding her
shoulders in his strong hands, pulling her against him, and
this time his kiss was hungry, demanding. "Like you don't
drive me nuts," he murmured against her mouth. "Like you
haven't driven me nuts since the first day we met."

She slid her arms around his neck and returned his kiss
forcefully, passionately, and he staggered back a step,
momentarily off balance, pulling her against him as he did.

She came up for air. "Good, that's good."

"Yeah, it was," he said, dipping his mouth to hers again.

She stepped back, eluding him. "No, no. I meant it's good
I make you nuts."

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Features Writer
Features Writer
Ah, Roger, you beat me to the punch. I had identified Kaethel's and was trying to decide which kiss I was going to choose when you posted. But that's OK, your choice was one of my candidates - so I don't need to spend any time searching for the answer smile It's Carol's marvelous "Yesterday, Upon the Stair".

Here's another fantastic one:
Realizing suddenly what he had done, Clark pulled back, allowing Lois to escape his kiss, but instead she shivered almost uncontrollably, giving everything over to their moment. Thunder clapped close above them as she frantically reached up to wrap two wet hands around the back of his head, pulling his mouth back to hers, not letting him get away.

Clark couldn't get enough of the feel of her kiss or the way that she whimpered into his mouth, pulling passionately on his lips as she asked for more. He willingly complied, deepening the kiss until it became desperate, hungry, urgent.

He moved one hand up to cup the side of her head, feeling the power of the storm and the rain as it trickled across their faces and into their mouths at every gasp for breath. He pulled his fingers through her dark, wet hair. Soon, Lois's tongue extended out to taste him. She made a small sound in the back of her throat, begging him to take the kiss still deeper. As his tongue swept past her teeth, she gave it full access to the warm, moist cavity of her mouth, meeting him pull for pull.
KathyM (so many smoochies, so little time...) [Linked Image]

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hah! Knew this one instantly! I think I really like this game. <g> This is from the fabulous 'When Friends Become Lovers' by Kathy Brown and Demi. goofy

RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
This is from Labrat's "Sugar and Spice," one of my favorites.

Here's another one:

It still took him a moment to meet her eyes. She realized that his eyes were moist - as if he were on the verge of tears. Her heart went out to him. Without thinking it through, she did the only thing that came to mind. She leaned over and lightly kissed him.

She pulled back almost immediately, only to find that his hand had slipped from hers so that he could wrap both arms around her. He began pulling her back to him. This time, his lips found hers. Why didn't she push him away? In retrospect, she'd come up with a hundred different reasons, including that she was just so surprised. However, she already knew that Clark was a great kisser. He'd kissed her for the first time just before Trask had thrown her out of an airplane and then during a stakeout at the honeymoon suite at the Lexor hotel. She'd kissed Superman on a couple of occasions as well.

So, when his lips lightly brushed over hers, she found herself involuntarily responding. It was less than a second before his lips once more caressed hers - as gently as the first time. However, this time, he lingered before his lips pushed gently against hers, his tongue lightly touching her lips.

The surrender was almost unconscious when she opened her mouth and found his tongue with hers. She knew his taste from their previous kisses - but never imagined how powerfully it would affect her now. Maybe, without her knowing it, her feelings for Clark had changed over the last few months. Whatever the reason, two kisses turned into three followed by four and five. Each kiss seemed to last longer and be a little more intimate than the one before. Soon both had lost count - becoming completely lost to the activity.

Without abandoning his lips, Lois adjusted her position, slipping her arms around his neck. When he reclined on the couch, she followed him over until she was lying against his chest. Suddenly it occurred to Lois what she was doing. She tried pulling away only to catch sight of his kiss-swollen lips and the dreamy look in his eyes. She groaned. Unable to stop herself, she lowered herself against him to once again find his lips.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
blush Thanks, Jill and Roger. goofy Although I thought it sounded pretty good. laugh )

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ahh, Superstud by ML Thompson

Jen
(who always knew that being a smooch junkie would pay off one day)

Okie dokie found one:

She turned to face him, lifting her lips to brush lightly against his. He froze for a split-second, shocked, then returned her kiss.

Clark's head whirled. He was kissing her. Really kissing her. Not just a friendly kiss on the cheek. Not a pretense to keep from blowing their cover. A real kiss. Her lips felt soft and smooth under his. His hand moved
instinctively, brushing her hair from her face and resting against her cheek.

It was as incredible as he'd known it would be. It was chaste, yet powerful. There was such tenderness, such warmth in their touch. He'd never felt anything so wonderful in his life.

Lois felt like she was melting. The world around her was gone, and all she could think about was the feel of Clark's lips on hers, caressing them softly. His hand came up and
cradled her face, holding her gently. It was.... She felt.... Incredible.

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Merriwether
Merriwether
That's OK, LabRat ... I had to read the earlier excerpt twice to recognize it was from WFBL. <g>

Actually, my first thought was "this sounds like something Demi wrote" ... and LOL, it turned out I was right. She wrote that particular kiss. <g>

Kathy

Features Writer
Features Writer
Ooh, I know this one too, it's Annie M's wonderful "Playing the Part". And there were equally wonderful kisses in the sequel, but I won't quote from that right now, because that would be too easy. smile

And yet another magnificent scene [Linked Image]

"Then I don't need a hero, I just need you," she whispered tearfully. "You are what I have faith in."

He pulled his hand away from hers. She lowered her head and began to back away from him. But she felt him suddenly reach out to caress her cheek and thread his fingers through her hair. He closed the distance between them and kissed her fiercely.

She felt a jolt surge through her at the contact and she responded to the wonderful pressure of his lips against hers. Her lips parted to allow access to his insistent tongue. His kiss was passionate and desperate, driven by hunger, need, and desire. Lois felt like she was drunk on the taste of him. She couldn't get enough of him. She was addicted to the feeling of his mouth against hers. He groaned and she felt a shiver tingle through her body, increasing in force until it felt like all her nerve endings were on the point of bursting. She brought her hands up to run through his thick, dark hair. She kissed his cheek, and left a trail of kisses down the line of his jaw and up to his ear.

Merriwether
Merriwether
/me grumbles about people using stories that are not on the Archive ... first Roger with Carol Malo's "Yesterday" and now you, KathyM!

On the other hand, I now have two stories that I can look forward to being posted. Nag the authors! Submit those stories! <g>

Kathy

Features Writer
Features Writer
No, Kathy, I'm afraid you can't grumble at me - this story *is* on the Archive and you can google it if you need to... smile

KathyM

Merriwether
Merriwether
I did google it, Kathy, on two different lines, and came up empty. huh Stranger and stranger ...

Glad to hear both this and Yesterday are supposed to be on the Archive, though. Carol Malo is probably why the heck I emailed her asking where I could find the story. <g> I *knew* I had seen it there before; I thought my memory was playing tricks on me!

Off to go searching again ... maybe I'll choose some better lines this time. <g>

Kathy (or someone else could find the answer and post it ... save me the trouble. <g>)

Features Writer
Features Writer
Hey people, I'm sorry. I've been away from my computer all day - I just recently got back to it and found an email from Kathy B. saying that she had tried several lines from the scene that I posted in the Google search and nothing worked.

Well, so now I've tested it too. And nothing works for me either, and I haven't a clue why! It's in the Archives - Raconteur's wonderful "Burden of Conscience".

So I thought I would choose an alternative scene to post, but that I would test-google it first. And the next story I tried...it didn't work either! Something very weird is going on here... But third time's the charm, if you would like to try this one:

Giving in to the intense desire to kiss her, to show her rather than tell her how he felt about her, he slowly lowered his head to hers, closed his eyes in anticipation, and touched his lips lightly to hers.

Suddenly the world around him seemed to disappear as they became one in the moment, and all that mattered to him was the feel of the woman in his arms, suddenly yielding, open, and most surprisingly, responsive. When the initial shock of what was happening wore off, Clark found her kiss heady, inviting, intoxicating. It was unlike anything he'd ever experienced before, and he knew in that instant, it wasn't enough. He wanted more.

Tightening his arms around her, he pulled her even closer and let his instincts take over. Softening his lips against hers, he let them play over hers, nibbling, tasting, caressing. He couldn't get enough of the feel of her lips on his, gentle, supple and firm. As their kiss deepened, he heard her quick intake of breath, as if she was surprised by the intensity of the moment. He half expected her to pull away from him, but she surprised him by letting her body melt against him, yielding to his every touch. She moaned into his mouth, and his heart rate quickly doubled. Spurred on by her little sounds of pleasure, his tongue found its way between her parted lips and began to explore the tiny crevices of her mouth, before finally entwining his tongue with her own.
KathyM

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, I am all over this one. Marriage Pact by Erin Klinger

How about this wink
Hmm I tried lining it up properly, but it doesn't seem to like me tonight, sorry.

Clark was cut off mid-sentence as Lois stepped quickly into his arms, wrapped her arms securely around his neck, and attached her lips to his. Through a haze of surprise mixed with absolute joy, Clark struggled to recover his sanity. It was a task he soon gave up in order to fold his arms around her body and hold her, letting his hands roam across her back and bare shoulders.

Clark felt a shudder travel though his entire body as he felt the tip of her tongue brush against his. He had been so careful when he'd
kissed her on the dance floor, wanting to show his enthusiasm, but still keeping his passion in tight check. The last thing he'd wanted to do tonight was to scare her off ... to apply pressure and have her retreat again. And so he'd been careful not to let his kisses reach this level, to get this passionate. But once Lois had taken that initiative, it was like
the floodgates had opened. With a groan rumbling deep in his throat, Clark pulled her even closer to him, one hand on the small of her back, the other reaching up to cup the back of her head. He deepened the kiss while Lois tangled her fingers in his own thick dark hair.

The kiss continued, but for a ravenous Clark Kent, there never would be enough time to taste her fully. Lois must have agreed because, as
their lips parted, even before they had managed to take in a breath, she fell back into his arms and let him capture her mouth again in
much shorter, though no less passion-filled version of the first encounter.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
That would be by Kathy Brown, Momentum, I think.

Laura

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
--Charles de Lint, Someplace to Be Flying
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You got the Kathy part right...

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Easy. That's When Friends Become Lovers. (Again <G>)

Just catching up with this thread - what a great idea. It's so much fun! And I'm really flattered to see that one of my stories made it in. Thanks, Jen. smile

Here's one of my favorites (with a little bit snipped to keep from giving it away):

Clark felt delight suffuse his entire being. With a final vestige of caution he hooked one foot under a step to prevent any tendency to float away. Then he bent his head forward and let his lips brush the soft skin of her shoulder, sweeping slowly across from the strap of her top towards her neck. "Something like that?" he suggested.

A tremor ran through Lois's whole body and she melted bonelessly against him, her head tilting invitingly to the side. "I don't think you got it quite right," she teased breathlessly. "You'll have to try again..."

He grinned and tightened his arm about her, pulling her gently closer. He lifted his free hand to her temple and ran his fingers through her hair, tucking it back from her ear and neck. He drew a gentle finger across the skin thus exposed, from behind her ear, down her neck and out across her shoulder. He cupped the point of her shoulder and dipped his head again to retrace the trail with soft, nibbling kisses. Lois moaned and lifted her hand to his head, running her fingers through his hair and stroking the nape of his neck.

<snip>

Her kiss was tentative at first, growing more assured as she felt his response. He wrapped his arms securely around her, closed his eyes, and gave himself up to pure sensation. Her scent was all around him, warmer and somehow spicier than usual, and her heartbeat was keeping time with his. He could feel her soft lips against his, and taste her... He ran his tongue across her full bottom lip, and her mouth opened, inviting him deeper. Gently, he probed the warm cavern of her mouth, stroking one hand up her spine to the nape of her neck. As his hand met the bare skin of her shoulders she shuddered and moaned, arching her back against him. Every cell in his body was alive with his desire for this beautiful woman...

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
Top Banana
Top Banana
I love this story! It's another one by Meredith Knight, this time A Closet Encounter.

So I guess I'll have to find another one. This is one I like a lot:

The first touch was tentative, a brief, light caress of mouth on mouth; but he didn't withdraw immediately. Before Lois even had the chance to tighten her hold on him so that
he couldn't pull away that quickly, his mouth was back and this time he kissed her properly. His hands slid from her arms to her shoulders, pulling her closer to him; one hand slid up the back of her neck and then into her hair. Everything else faded away, even her recognition that this was happening, he was kissing her, in front of his parents.

All she saw, all she felt, was Clark and the way his kiss made her feel.

And she hadn't been mistaken. When Clark Kent kissed her, something extraordinary happened.

And she wanted it to go on happening. Over and over again. With many more repeat performances to come.

He raised his head, ending the kiss, and she groaned inwardly in disappointment. But then she saw his eyes... they looked as glazed as she thought hers did. Clark looked as if he'd been just as carried away by what they'd just done as she was.
Saskia

Top Banana
Top Banana
Aha! Recognised this one immediately (and checked on the archive to make sure it was right, and it was, yay!! jump ). Feels Like You're Mine: A Christmas Story, by Wendy Richards.

Brb with another smoochie...

Here it is:

Somewhat impulsively, Lois threw all caution to the wind and added, "Clark, what I meant to say is that Superman can never compare to you."

She grinned at him and was thrilled when she saw the look of shock in his eyes. Obviously, he hadn't expected her to say something like that to him. But he definitely seemed overjoyed to hear her say it.

Then Lois did something completely out of character. She closed the gap between them and wrapped her arms around him. Then, like she was in the middle of a dream, she slowly raised herself up onto her tiptoes and leaned in towards him until her lips gently brushed against his.

She felt his arms encircle her and pull her closer. Then their lips met and she gently pushed her tongue into his mouth. When they kissed, it was like the whole rest of the world went blank, like everything else in the world was put on hold. In her life, she had kissed many men, but this was the first kiss that had ever made her feel so alive. It was like something deep in her soul had finally been awakened after a long slumber.

When the kiss broke Lois looked into Clark's eyes, completely amazed at what she had just done. Unfortunately, Clark's eyes looked troubled. Had she done something wrong? Why was he looking at her like that?
Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ah, "This Kiss" by AliciaU, or rather LauraU. smile Loved this story with a fun revelation.

Here's a nice smoochie:

With a tiny sound, she pressed forward again, let herself
kiss him properly, fully. He hesitated at first, not
wanting to push her, but in a moment his hands moved
carefully to the small of her back, pulling her to him in
an embrace that was more loving than passionate. Lois let
her arms twine around his neck, her heart speeding in her
chest, her mind and body reeling at the wash of emotion
filling her. She'd never felt anything so powerful, so warm
and vibrant and beautiful, and the wake of it left her
gasping.

Was that love, then? That heavy sweep of sensation that
assailed her when his lips met hers? Or the unexpected
knowledge that he meant more to her in this moment than
anyone ever had? The sudden rush of protective tenderness
that rose in her when he whispered her name, desperately,
disbelieving? She wasn't sure, but when at last he pulled
away to look at her, she heard herself answering him, heard
her voice small but sure. "Yes, Clark..."

"Yes?" he repeated tentatively, his eyes still faintly
clouded with emotion. "Yes what, Lois?"

She smiled a little, hesitant. "Yes, I trust you," she said
softly.

-- Roger

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Got it!! Kaylle's beautiful 'All Or Nothing' - a fantastic story! goofy

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
I know! I know, I know, I know!!!! smile1 smile1 smile1 I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fear of Discovery III: Coming Home, by Yvonne Connell.

Okay, here's the new one...

Lex's face blotted out the light as his lips brushed over hers in a dry sweep. She felt nothing except a distant surprise that his kiss was so... innocuous. Completely tame and passionless.

Was *this* what it would be like if they married?

Was Lex really so uninterested in sex? But that was hard to believe; after all, she knew he'd had lovers. She was pretty sure that he'd been intimate with Miranda at some point - she'd noticed the perfumer giving Lex that lover-scorned kind of glare a couple of times. And she'd noticed Lex checking out attractive women many times - to say nothing of the very determined, and sexual, way he'd pursued her when they'd first met.

But before she could say anything, his mouth descended again. This time, his lips were moist, and parted; he ground his mouth against hers, his tongue pressing forward and invading her mouth. He tasted of rich wine and the cigars she wished he'd give up. Without waiting for her to participate, Lex continued kissing her, his tongue urgent and rapacious; to her appalled horror, Lois realised that the only emotion she was feeling was revulsion.

She tore her mouth from his and leaned back, breathing heavily. As she did so, the memory of another kiss floated tantalisingly in the forefront of her mind. Feeling slightly sick, she pushed it away. She was with *Lex*, the man she was contemplating marrying!
Kaethel evil

- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

Top Banana
Top Banana
<shudder> Lex smoochies. Ewwwwwww wink

Anyway, it's Wendy Richard's Second Thoughts .

So now I've got to come up with next one again... How about:

"Then show me," she whispered back, stroking his face with cool fingers that nonetheless set him on fire. She stroked a lock of hair back from his face, then cupped her hand against his cheek. He allowed himself to lean into her caress, letting the familiar tender feelings of love he'd harbored for her for so long sweep over him.

He watched Lois's tongue flick across her lower lip in a probably unconscious invitation, but something in him still made him ask, "May I kiss you?"

Lois opened her mouth to respond, then simply nodded. Hardly daring to believe his luck in being here and about to kiss the woman of his dreams... A small voice inside his head reminded him to stop thinking and just kiss her. And so...he did.

Their lips touched, and it was as if a hidden longing inside each, a piece that had beenmissing from each of their lives, had suddenly been satisfied. At least, Clark hoped that Lois felt the same way, because this sense of magic couldn't possibly be all on his side. And then he lost himself in the kiss, and stopped thinking in poetic lyricism.

The stirrings of warmth he'd first felt when Lois touched his face were nothing compared to the heat that coursed through him as he deepened the kiss. He felt her smile, and the burst of humor was contagious. He lightly tickled her ribs, and delighted in feeling her giggle into his mouth. One arm, of its own accord, wrapped around her waist to caress her back and pull her closer. The other gently explored her soft skin, lightly skimming across her stomach. She sighed at the touch, and he broke the kiss just long enough to plant kisses across the rest of her face before gravitating towards her mouth again for a deep, satisfying kiss.
Saskia

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aha! Sarah Luddy's great And Then They Kissed... and Kissed... and Kissed! laugh

Okay, here's another one; the names are removed to protect the guilty: wink

"Shh." She silenced him with a finger on his lips.

Suddenly his arms were around her and they were locked in a fierce, passionate embrace. Bodies pressed tight together, lips to lips, arms
roaming feverishly as if they could never get enough of each other, drinking in each other's scent.

"God, ****, I'm so sorry," gasped Clark between kisses. "I should never have said what I said."

"Shh," she repeated.

"I overreacted-"

"It's OK." She silenced him with another kiss.

Clark was stunned. Kissing Lana had been play-acting compared to this. And yet...was all that stuff he'd read about the earth moving just over-blown fantasy? Trashy romance novels probably weren't the place to learn about real emotions, and this was pretty good, even without earthquakes - **** certainly seemed to be enjoying it. He surrendered himself to the delicious feel of her soft body against his.

Gradually, the heat of the embrace diminished, and they were able to pull a little away from each other, still maintaining the contact through their hands on each other's arms. A corner of Clark's mouth curved upwards.

"Does this mean we've made up?"

**** swatted his upper arm. "Watch it, Kent!"
Wendy wink

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
smile1 smile1 smile1 evil - teamed up in shared, sheer (and probably shear...) evilness [g]

- Is that what we are?

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
That's Can I Kiss the Monkey? by Sarah Luddy. My turn!
Lois opened her mouth to respond, then simply nodded. Hardly daring to believe his luck in being here and about to kiss the woman of his dreams... A small voice inside his head reminded him to stop thinking and just kiss her. And so...he did.

Their lips touched, and it was as if a hidden longing inside each, a piece that had been missing from each of their lives, had suddenly been satisfied. At least, Clark hoped that Lois felt the same way, because this sense of magic couldn't possibly be all on his side. And then he lost himself in the kiss, and stopped hinking in poetic lyricism.

The stirrings of warmth he'd first felt when Lois touched his face were nothing compared to the heat that coursed through him as he deepened the kiss. He felt her smile, and the burst of humor was contagious. He lightly tickled her
ribs, and delighted in feeling her giggle into his mouth. One arm, of its own accord, wrapped around her waist to caress her back and pull her closer. The other gently explored her soft skin, lightly skimming across her stomach. She sighed at the touch, and he broke the kiss just long enough to plant kisses across the rest of her
face before gravitating towards her mouth again for a deep, satisfying kiss.

Imagine.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ok, that has to be from Sarah Luddy's hysterical "Can I Kiss the Monkey?" And also a bit of a trick from our evil friends, W and K(Q), since it's not on the Archive. <g>

I'll brb with a new quote...never mind - nqoire beat me - I was being assaulted and kicked by the drunk people on IRC, so I was distracted. I'll just have to retaliate by figuring out this quote now. goofy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I know it! I know it!! jump

It's Missy's wonderful The Art of Being Clark!

"Three hours, no interruptions. On my honor." Clark bowed gracefully like a nobleman in front of his lady and Lois giggled in response. "What do you say?"

Lois stared up at her partner for only a fraction of a second before responding. "I say..." She moved forward like a cat, taking his head in her hands, she drew him towards her and kissed him deeply. As their lips parted, Clark pressed his forehead against hers and whispered her name softly. Then, moving down, he recaptured her mouth with his own. His tongue found easy passage into the warm cavity of her mouth which she opened and she met him, eagerly, hungrily with her own. It was like falling into a bottomless pit. Except that the falling was the best part. Lois felt a tingling sensation coursing through her whole body, causing her to shiver involuntarily.

Sensing her response, Clark pulled her up against him, deepening their kiss, and Lois moaned as she felt his hot hands slide up and undo the zipper which ran from her mid back to her tailbone, taking great care to trail one finger down her spine as he went. Lois' head tipped back and she groaned softly, as Clark trailed kisses down from her neck to the line of her dress in front. With his hands, he explored the sensitive muscles on her back, gently reaching up to undo the clasp that held her bra, and then realizing that there wasn't one. Lois could sense the rate of Clark's breathing increase, she felt limp, as though she were melting into his arms...

It was the most exquisite sensation she had ever felt in her life, nothing...ever...it had *never* been like this before... Collapsing on top of him, Lois could hear her breath still coming in gasps. Pressed against his chest, she could feel his racing heartbeat as it sought stability.

For long moments there was silence, broken only by the sound of their breathing as they lay, still entwined in each others' arms. Lois sighed and pulled more tightly against him.
Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I know it! I know it!!! goofy

Top Banana
Top Banana
Kaethel: "I've read this. I'm sure I've read this, but I cannot remember the title or author."

Wendy: "Oh yes?"

Kaethel: "It sounds like something like Tracey would write."

Wendy: "You're partly right, but you should be ashamed of yourself."

Kaethel: "Uh-oh..."

Anyway, it's Midnight Confessions, by Tracey and... uh... well, Kaethel. blush

Clark stopped the flow of her words with his lips, pressing them forcefully against her own and slipping his hand behind her neck to hold her steady for his kiss. Lois froze for a moment then responded easily, returning his kiss with as much force. She couldn't help herself, despite the confusion of her thoughts and feelings at this point, the presence of her attraction and feelings for Superman were undeniable. His lips moved almost frantically against hers, his tongue slipping forward to stroke her bottom lip, requesting entrance. She granted it freely, moaning into his mouth and pulling herself closer to him as the kiss deepened, her arms moving of their own volition to wrap around his neck.

Clark pulled slowly away from the kiss, he'd only done it stop the babbling, but once his lips had connected with Lois' he'd been unable to temper the amount of passion. And hearing her say that she thought she might be starting to love Clark had just pushed him past the point where he could control himself.
The Evil Ones evil

- Is that what we are?

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
May I Have This Dance, by Jill.

Lois turned to face Clark, gazing into his eyes, her back against the counter. She felt the heat from his closeness, and her breath caught in her throat as his eyes held her captive.

Clark paused, uncertain what it was he had been saying. Her dark eyes captured his full attention, and he heard her heartbeat accelerate. He slowly raised his hand to cup the side of her face, caressing her skin lightly with his thumb. His other hand moved from her shoulder to cup her other cheek as she gazed expectantly into his eyes. Clark slowly closed the distance between them, his heart pounding in his chest with anticipation. He lightly touched his lips to hers, testing her response.

The heat rose swiftly in her body as his lips set fire to hers. She had never felt anything like this in her entire life. She hungrily pressed her lips to his and slid her arms around his waist, leaning more fully into him. Clark's fingers slipped through her hair as he deepened the kiss, and her lips parted willingly to the gentle thrust of his tongue. The sound of their lips clasping and parting was punctuated with soft moans of pleasure as they explored each other's mouths.

Lois' head was spinning. Never before had a man's kisses affected her in this way. All rational thought was gone. All she wanted was more--more kissing, more touching--just more. Oh God, this was too fast! Lois pulled her arms
back, resting her hands on his chest. She ently pushed him back and gasped against his lips, "Wait."

Imagine.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That's it, nqoire!! And I have to share this, from IRC:

<DocJill> oh, bloody hell! I got it!
<Qex> Yay!!!
<WendyWrit> about time, Jill! <g> Did you have to google? <g>
<DocJill> yes, I admit it! I did have to Google it!
<WendyWrit> ROFLMAO!!!
<LabRat> lol
<WendyWrit> Admission!!!!
<DocJill> god! This is bad...I haven't even written enough to claim that it all blurs together <G>
<LabRat> ROTFL
<WendyWrit> ROFLMAO, Jill!
<DocJill> someone else post the answer, I'm too embarassed that I had to google my own story!
Revenge is sweet... goofy

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Bad Wendy! Now, how can I continue to blackmail Jill into keeping her deep, dark secret from the world only if she writes us a new story, hmmmmmm?

LabRat evil

The Musketeers
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Bad Wendy! And you are SOOO... right. Revenge is sweet! goofy (who will have her revenge...at a later time...)

S
Blogger
Blogger
S
Hey, I love you poll and the contest is great. You guys know so many stories! Where can I find them though..they're not in the fanfic site here..are they nfic? Or maybe they're somewhere else..plus I saw ChiefPam mention doing a google...how does that work..sorry to be so out of the loop..but I'm new..I love this site though.It's a javascript:void(0)
Smileydream come true!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hey Sweetgirl91, welcome to the boards. Glad you're enjoying the fun/insanity. wink

Most, if not all, of these stories, and many, many others can be found at The Lois and Clark Fanfic Archive or at Anne\'s Place .

Enjoy!

Jill goofy

Top Banana
Top Banana
Had to google it, but... Super Stud, by ML Thompson.

Here's the new one:

I can't get enough of her. Her body is pressed against mine, this woman who is at once so familiar and yet so new, offering so many things to learn about her. I could stand here holding her, kissing her all night.

Yet we need to talk too, I recognise while stroking her hair, loving the feel of the silken strands as they slide through my fingers. She kissed me of her own accord; she made it clear that she wanted to kiss me. But what more does she want?

I don't just mean the fact that she locked and bolted her door with me on the inside, although that in itself raises intriguing - and terrifying - prospects. I mean that I need to know whether she wants anything more than tonight, than the here and now.

I love her. I don't want a one-night stand. Or even just one evening of sweet kisses. I don't want to have to pretend that this never happened; to go back to working with her and being her best friend and pretending that I don't want more from her. I've done that for too long as it is. And after tonight I'm never going to be able to do it again.

I draw back gently, still holding her but catching her gaze and trying to make her understand that I want to talk.
Kaethel smile

- Is that what we are?

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, SG91. Welcome to our playground - glad you're having fun. wave

Most of the fanfic which is posted here on the mbs in segments is eventually submitted here to the Lois and Clark Fanfic Archive, when the author has a final version they're happy with. You'll also find some other stories there from other sources other than these mbs.

The Google function mentioned on this thread is at the bottom of the Archive home page. If you paste in a section of the text from a quoted story there, the story should come up and you'll know what it is. smile

If you're interested in nfic, check out Annesplace which archives and hosts most of the nfic in the fandom, past and present.

Have fun. wink

EDIT - see Jill beat me to it. <G>

LabRat smile
Editor-in-Chief
The Lois and Clark Fanfic Archive

The Musketeers
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hey Sweetgirl91!! smile1

Methos: "I'm easily amused."

(Indiscretions - Highlander: The Series)
N
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
N
Oh, that's a Wendy fic. Friends and Lovers? Yeah. Wait a minute....I'll be right back with a quote.

Sherry

Visit www.marykay.com/sfmurphy for wonderful cosmetic products and an opportunity to enrich the lives of women.
N
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
N
New quote--deceptively short but memorable:

Her words suddenly stopped because Clark stepped
over, pulled her into his arms, and covered her mouth with his,
all in one smooth movement. When he lifted his head from
kissing her and all Lois did was stare at him, dazed, he grinned
and turned to his parents. "It's the only thing I've found that
makes her stop babbling once she starts."

Visit www.marykay.com/sfmurphy for wonderful cosmetic products and an opportunity to enrich the lives of women.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OMG! I don't believe it - one I actually know and without googling even.

BB Medos' In The Beginning!

Gosh, got so excited, forgot to say back soon with a quote!

LabRat (who's been waiting like forever to be able to say that!! hyper )

The Musketeers
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, try this from one of my favourite authors:

She turned in his arms, bringing her hands up to splay across his chest; a crooked smile acknowledged how easily he could distract her and invited his kiss again. Clark took the invitation, capturing her mouth with his. A long slow kiss, barely moving, just a touch of mouths; then it deepened as Lois responded to the teasing touch of his tongue on her lips. She tasted of mint and something uniquely her own; a flavour which Clark was addicted to, heightened in the cool dawn air by the scent from the garden below. He wanted to bottle it and take it home; it was a scent in which he would always find this moment.

Lois pressed closer to Clark, silk and lace too little to provide any real barrier between them; his arms around her, his head lowered to hers, he was everything to her. The sweet invasion of her mouth defined the dawn, a rising arousal burning off the last vestiges of night and sleep. Some
distant part of her mind was astonished at the pitiful mewl of protest that slipped out when Clark broke the kiss; where did that noise come from? Wherever it was, Clark seemed aroused and amused in equal parts by it, smiling at her with a banked heat.
LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Oh, oh I know this one! (finally -- I didn't even recognize my own blush )

It's Menolly's La Recherche du Dayzs Perdu

She couldn't restrain herself any longer. She craved his touch. She turned in his arms, staring into his eyes for a moment before lifting her face to him. A bittersweet smile
graced his lips for just a second, and then he was kissing her. Her heart lurched as he tugged hungrily at her lips. She returned his kiss with equal fervor, as if trying to swallow him, drink him into her soul. The world faded away, and for a moment she could forget that in the morning he would have to leave. It was just him and her, and for a moment, all was right with the world.

His arms held her tight against his chest as he slowly guided her to the floor, his lips never leaving hers.

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Features Writer
Features Writer
Oh, I love this one...Annie M's heart-breaking "Standing at the Edge".

And yet another...
She wasn't prepared for the heady sensation which swept over her the instant his lips touched hers.

His first kiss was gentle, a light brush of his mouth against hers, which ended even before she'd become accustomed to the sensation. Then he was back, his warm lips moving over hers in an intimate, sensuous caress. Involuntarily, her lips parted; as if he'd known she would do it, immediately he gently sucked her lower lip into his mouth, nibbled gently, then released it again.

Without conscious thought, she slid her arms up around his neck, drawing him closer. He responded by sliding his free arm around her waist, bringing her up against his hard, lean body. His strong thigh was pressed against her hip, his thick dark hair invited her to rake her fingers through it, and his mouth was still doing wonderful things to her senses. Her head swam, and she moaned softly as she opened her mouth wider so that she could push her tongue forward.

He anticipated her again, his tongue gliding over her upper lip and then invading her mouth, continuing the caress along the inside of her lip and then over her teeth. Experimentally, she touched his tongue with hers; instantly, he ceased what he was doing and joined her in a game of touching and stroking and tangling.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Roger and Kathy M, what a pleasant surprise to see your reference to Yesterday, upon the Stair. smile Nice to know that bit of the story worked.

carol

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Wow, this has really taken off smile And I've been having a wonderful time reading all the quotes and being reminded of so many fabulous stories! Thanks, guys! smile1 Keep it up thumbsup

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
That's from Faux Pas by Wendy Richards, I think...

Lois knew she'd never been kissed like that before.
Knew she'd never kissed anyone that way before. For the first
time in her life she wasn't worrying about the mechanics of
what she was doing -- she was just doing it, and putting
everything she felt into it.
He tasted so good, and his body felt wonderful pressed
up against hers. They pulled each other closer and closer,
lost in the moment and in one another. With her eyes closed,
her hands and mouth exploring Clark, she was no longer aware
of the fading day, the noises made by the various creatures
around them, the breeze or the ground they were standing on.
In fact, it felt as if they were floating, so absorbed was she
in what they were doing.
Eventually, they'd come up for air and she was kind of
surprised to find everything just as they'd left it. She
continued to hold Clark tightly, laying her head against his
shoulder and snuggling her face into his neck. He kept one
arm around her securely, but brought the other up so that he
could gently run his fingers through her hair. It had felt so
*right!*
Then he'd said, "I love you, Lois."
At first, she hadn't really taken it in. That's nice,
she'd thought, until she'd let herself hear what he'd said.
LOL this may be a total give-away but oh well.

Caroline

You've gotta be original, because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?
~Bernadette Peters
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That's from Faux Pas by Wendy Richards, I think...
It is?? blush I didn't recognise it at all... eek

Jill, perhaps you have your revenge! goofy

Wendy wink

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, the mystery of the vanishing story has been solved and turned out to be fairly routine and innocuous and not the major website glitch I first feared.

That being the case, and not wanting to leave another mystery behind - this one the mystery of the vanishing posts goofy - I'm just posting here to say that I've deleted all of my posts to the thread on this particular subject.

It's been solved in private email between Carol and myself and so the part of the conversation between us which appears here on the thread - which is really of relevence to no one but the two of us - seems not just superfluous to the thread, but to actively get in its way. smile

LabRat smile (who has retreated to her position of not knowing any quotes again...ah well, I'll just bask in my brief period of lucidity. laugh )

The Musketeers
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
It is?? I didn't recognise it at all...
Yeah, it is... You scared me for a minute there, I thought I had gotten it wrong. I went and googled a couple of phrases and its definitely from Faux Pas.

Caroline

You've gotta be original, because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?
~Bernadette Peters
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Caroline, I think you need to give us a clue here... we can't find it! <wail!> goofy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Features Writer
Features Writer
Aarrgh! Yet another great story that doesn't show up in a Google search! So this morning I gave up and searched around in the stories I have saved on my hd - and found it... it's Chris Mulder's "Meet Me in Kansas City" [Linked Image]

The first brush of her lips against his was a mere feather-like caress, and she pulled away as quickly as she'd initiated the kiss, holding back her already intense desire when a very male groan answered the interruption. Keeping her own need in check, she closed the distance between them again, granting him permission to deepen the encounter, without realising that it was leading her to the crumbling of all her carefully constructed barriers.

But, as with all well-thought out plans, nothing turned out in the expected manner. This rule didn't fail this time either, and she'd barely had time to form another coherent thought before Clark's arms were holding her against him, and he eagerly responded to her kiss, initiating a not-so-shy exploration of the feminine curves tightly pressed to him.

She was melting against him, unable to get enough of his taste and the touch of his hands where they roamed up her back, disappearing in the mass of her hair as he kissed her, over and over, his mouth repeatedly plundering hers. She was quickly spinning out of control, and, she realised with almost a jolt of surprise, she wasn't scared.
KathyM

Top Banana
Top Banana
*happy sigh* More smoochies. And this one is Point of No Return by Kaethel.

Guess it's my turn again - watch this space for more smoochies. Okay, finally found something:

"I love you," he whispered, bending his head to capture her lips in a sweet, gentle kiss. For a second Lois's lips remained still beneath his. Then, as if she was suddenly freed by the implication of his words she began to kiss him back.

Her lips gently clasped with his as her hand reached up to tangle in his hair, pulling him closer. She sighed contentedly, letting her body relax completely against his and parting her lips in invitation.

Clark wrapped his arms more tightly around her waist tugging her tightly to him. He felt her part her lips and eagerly and gently slipped his tongue into her mouth. He withdrew almost immediately, and then pressed forward more boldly. He swept through her mouth, memorizing each feeling, each taste. Finally they pulled back, gasping for air.
Saskia

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
it's Chris Mulder's "Meet Me in Kansas City"
Duh! I'm deeply, deeply ashamed. <g> How could any of us have forgotten this huge fan favourite? blush

LabRat smile (nope, I don't know the answer to the current quote...)

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That's AnnieM's By Firelight. smile

How about this:

"But she really wanted to stay," Lois added.

"Yep." He swung her into a deep dip, gazing into her eyes the whole time. She clutched his shoulders, even though she knew he'd never drop her.

"It was her choice, ultimately," he said. "Just like it will be yours. No coercion, no seductions." He brought her out of the dip. "Your choice all the way, Lois."

She smiled, looking up at him through her lashes. "But seductions can be fun," she said coyly.

He touched his nose to hers. "As long as they're not one-sided," he added.

She raised her hands to frame his face, bringing his lips down to hers. "I don't think that will be our problem," she whispered just before taking his mouth with hers. Clark moaned softly at her boldness, the sound encouraging Lois to take the kiss further, deepening it. Their kissing became more passionate.

They began a playful kissing duel that quickened both their breathing and heartbeats as it became increasingly amorous. She slid one hand to clutch his nape and the other down his chest to rest over his heart. Pulling away to catch her breath, she moved her lips across his cheek to his ear, where her hot breath darted deliciously inside.

Sliding his lips down the long, graceful column of her neck, he stopped at the hollow of her throat. His lips then reversed their trail and made their way to her ear. "Lois," he breathed before kissing her earlobe.

She shivered in reaction, her body pushing itself closer to him and he put one hand on her back and began caressing her ear with his lips, making her tremble violently.

Lois gasped out loud, her breath catching and releasing against his neck. "Clark, more," she moaned softly. She leaned her head back and offered her lips to him again. He took her mouth in one move, sealing it with his. He then pulled away slightly. She wrapped her arms around his neck pulling him back.

"Lois..."

"My choice, Clark," she said against his mouth, tickling his lips with her hot breath as she spoke. She looked into his eyes the whole time. "My choice. What's yours?"
Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Well, after hours of pondering and increasingly obvious hints, I found this one <g>

Hark, by Angela Kay Walthall

Okay, let's see how quickly certain people get this one evil

...he stepped closer still to Clark, and put his hand on the reporter's waist.

Clark startled, a bit, but didn't pull away ... and Lex detected a glimpse of curiosity gleaming from behind his glasses. Unhurriedly, Lex leaned in for a kiss, his hand slipping further around the other man's waist.

Clark accepted the kiss passively, wondering in spite of himself how it would make him feel. It was strange, at first -- he had the feeling that he was used to bending down a bit further. But a flicker of warmth traveled through him, as he allowed the kiss to progress. It felt ... strange, but not unpleasant.

Eventually, Lex pulled back, breathing a trifle faster than normal. "Was that so bad?" he asked, smugly.

Clark smiled crookedly. "As a matter of fact ... no. It was ... kinda interesting."
PJ

"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Pam, Pam, Pam...

You evil person, you!!

That's Heartbreak Hotel, by the incomparable Goddess herself, Pam Jernigan. notworthy

"We never did quite make it to the bed, did we?" Lois said, glancing around the room ruefully at the clothes distributed fairly evenly through the floor of Clark's apartment.

Clark grinned. "There's a first time for everything."

Lois giggled slightly and buried her head into Clark's chest, kissing him lightly. Suddenly, she sat up.

"Clark, does it occur to you that Superman's been gone an awfully long time?" she asked, clutching the only piece of clothing she could easily reach, a woefully inadequate sock, to her chest.

Clark blushed. "Well, I told you that there was something I had to tell you," he started. He sat up and faced her, figuring that it probably wasn't safe to make this revelation in quite such a vulnerable position.

Lois giggled. "It's okay, Clark," she said. "I already know."

"You do?" he asked, his face betraying his shock.

"Yes. It's okay, Clark. It's not that unusual. Lots of men prefer to make love with their glasses on."

Before Clark could respond, Lois pulled him down to her to kiss her again.
Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
Aha!! That's Falling Into You (aka AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH.... THUD!), and the bit is from Sarah Luddy's response to the Cortina Gang's challenge. smile That tag line has Sarah's trademark witty dialogue written all over it. thumbsup

Here is the next one, from one of my favourite stories by that particular author (and I'm not saying more!):

She remembered how Clark had come over. They had talked, finding some measure of comfort in each other's words of love. Lois gave her wedding ring to Clark for safe keeping, and Clark showed her his star.

Then they embraced one another, and kissed, wanting to lose themselves in each other.

"No. . . Lois. . ." said Clark sometime later, reluctantly releasing his mouth from hers. His voice was soft, husky, and full of anguish.

Lois withdrew slightly so that she could look into his eyes. "What's wrong, Clark?" she whispered. "What did I do?"

Clark gently eased them both up to a sitting position, settling Lois on his lap. He wrapped his arms around her waist as he said, "It's nothing that you did, Lois. It's more what you. . . we. . . were about to do."

She frowned. "What's so wrong about that?" she asked. "I want us to have this moment." Then, a slight note of hurt rejection creeping into her voice, she said, "I thought that you wanted it, too."

He rushed to reassure her. "I do, Lois. More than anything. You know that." He cast his eyes downward and muttered, "But it wouldn't be right."

"Why not?"

"We're not. . . married."
Kaethel smile

- Is that what we are?

Columnist
Columnist
Oh my goodness, I think I know this one! Is it Annie's Standing At the Edge? I'm not completely sure, so I'll wait for someone to tell me I'm right (or wrong, for that matter). smile

~Anna

Top Banana
Top Banana
Sorry, Anna! It's not the one. Keep searching. evil

Kaethel smile

- Is that what we are?

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
It's Au Revoir, and Not Goodbye by Christine Carr (is it one "r" or two?) Hehe I just read that like last week.

Clark looked back and forth between the offered papers and
her face, clearly torn. Then, suddenly, his face cleared.
"I don't want to wait that long."

Before Lois could register his declaration, Clark's mouth
was on hers. Surprised, she hesitated for the briefest of
moments, but it wasn't long before she was winding her
fingers through his hair, letting the streamers fall to the
floor. His lips tasted incredibly sweet as they pulled
against hers, and when they finally separated, Lois felt as
if she'd never been kissed so thoroughly in her life.

"Wow," she breathed, her voice coming in soft pants. "That
was--"

"Yeah," Clark agreed, breathing more quickly himself.
"Definitely."
Caroline

~Bernadette Peters
Features Writer
Features Writer
Oh, now this one was really easy for me - it's one of my favorites: Kathy Brown's "Momentum".

Here's another...
She started as a frigid blast of air suddenly grazed her bare skin where the door beside her had been wrenched violently open. Rough hands grabbed at her arms, yanking her out to stand on the pavement and then she was being pushed up against the side of the Jeep and quite thoroughly kissed by her partner.

His lips forced hers apart, his tongue entering into the slick, hot cavern of her mouth and exploring there in a frenzy. His hands loosened their grip, slid up along her shoulders and up to frame her face in large, protective palms as he deepened the caress.

"Clark...." she blurted dizzily and he frowned, placing his fingers against her lips.

"I don't want to talk," he growled an admonishment and then he replaced his fingers with his mouth and swept away her voice, her thoughts, all self will she possessed. She molded her body pliantly against his strong, masculine curves as she moaned softly, the sound drawn up deeply from the back of her throat. She heard an answering groan from him.
KathyM [Linked Image]

RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
This would be from LabRat's "If Tomorrow Comes."

Here's a quote:

Clark's voice was husky as he replied. "I'd really like to
kiss you right now, Lois."

Her voice matched his. "I'd really like you to."

"Are you sure?"

Lois tried to nod against his chest.

Clark didn't have to move far as Lois' raised her lips to
meet his. She tasted salty from the tears she had shed
over the last few hours, but nothing could have been
sweeter. He wrapped his arms around her back, one hand
cradling her neck. He felt her melt against him, arms
winding around his neck until they found their way into his
hair. Nothing had ever felt so good.

Lois felt exactly the same way. To be held and kissed by
her husband was something she never thought she'd
experience again and she wanted to record every detail in
her mind. She tried desperately to remain conscious of
what was happening so she could remember later, but her
mind went numb as she felt the hard muscles of Clark's
well-defined chest underneath her hands as she reached up
to pull him a little closer. As the kiss deepened, she
groaned slightly, unable to maintain anything resembling
cognition in her brain. There was no demand to his touch,
no hint that he would push for more than she was ready for.
Just like he always had. He kissed her for the sake of the
kiss, like he always had, waiting for her to indicate that
she was ready for something more intimate, and yet knowing
that he wanted her as much as she wanted him.

-- Roger

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Is that from Yellow Fever by ML Thompson?

Missy

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I'm almost certain this was from Becky Bain's "In a Dark Time" ... a story that tackles a very distasteful subject and does a magnificent job of it.

EDIT: Oops blush That's not it... I was so sure, too... but I've just been skimming through the story again -- well, okay, mostly the second half wink -- and it was worth it just for that. smile

PJ

"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
No, it's not either of those stories. Is Google not working for this one either?

-- Roger

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
It's Au Revoir, and Not Goodbye by Christine Carr (is it one "r" or two?)
Definitely two, Caroline! smile

Good to be included.

Chris (who didn't recognise her own extract, so doesn't stand a chance of recognising anything else!)

RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Since it's been a while since I posted the smoochie, here's a hint:

The quote comes from part 2 of a two-part alternate beginnings story.

[EDIT] As an additional clue, in part one, Lois refers to Clark as CJ.

-- Roger

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Umm... after lots of hints on IRC, I've got it - Carol Moncado's Valley of the Shadow.

Okay, how about this one, then?

He lessened his grip on her for the barest interval, just long enough for her to take a deep breath while he moved so that he could kiss her. And what a kiss! She felt as though her body had melted, the giddy happiness of a few moments before exploding into incredible, mind-shattering joy. She couldn't think -- she didn't want to -- and her entire being was content just to feel this unbelievable, rapturous bliss.

How long the moment lasted, the two of them locked in each other's arms, shutting out everything but each other, neither of them knew. Lois gradually became aware of a rushing sound and was then startled by a sudden, dull booming.

"Clark..." she whispered once their mouths finally separated, "What was that noise?"

"Uh..." he said after a moment, obviously embarrassed about something, "I tend to... float when I'm happy, and I guess I got a little carried away. I think we broke the sound barrier just then..."

She gasped, turned her head to look around, and then broke out into a peal of delighted, joyous laughter. They were several thousand feet in the air, speeding over clouds and sea, racing across the sky. As she watched, they flashed through a small cloud and she saw long tendrils of cloud-stuff follow them, dragged along by their passage but unable to keep up with them and eventually dropping back and disappearing from her view.

A thought struck her. "Clark..." she said, curious, "Why aren't I cold? If we're... supersonic, I should be freezing, but I can hardly feel a thing."

"You're right... Maybe it's my aura -- the energy field around my skin that gives me my invulnerability -- maybe it's protecting you as well."

"Oh." Well, that was something to think about -- later. Right now was more for feeling than thinking, and that thought made her realise what it was that she wanted to feel. She pulled him to her and lost herself in another one of those kisses that set her body and her soul on fire.
Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yay! I got one!!Montrose Toast by Phil

This is from one of my all-time favorites smile1

Her heart was beating staccato in her chest; she was hot and unable to form a single coherent thought. All she felt was her desire for this man, her need to touch him and to be touched by him. His hands were tenderly stroking her bare back and shoulders and made her skin tingle so
wonderfully that she wanted him to caress all of her body like that.

Impatient not only to feel him but to taste him as well, Lois willingly opened her mouth as his questing tongue gently pressed against her lips.

As their tongues met for the first time, she heard him moan deeply in the back of his throat. At that moment Lois knew that she wanted him with every fiber of her being, even if it was only for one night. Convinced that she would regret it more to stop now than to give herself to this man, to whom she felt inexplicably drawn to, and let him love her for at least this night as she would love him.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Aha! Heartache Tonight, by the German RR Team. Loved this one. smile

Right... next is...

"Lie down, face down, on the couch."

Lois did as he directed, and shuddered deliciously as his hands touched her back, massaging all the tension and pain out of them. She moaned as his fingers hit upon a particularly tender spot.

Clark leaned down, his mouth next to her ear. "Good?" he asked.

"Mmmmmm..." she replied, as his hands set her skin on fire. Good didn't even begin to describe it! Lois was sure she'd never felt this much desire before. This was ten times as intense as what she'd felt during that kiss in the honeymoon suite of the Lexor hotel. And, as his large warm hands traveled over her back, she decided to do something about it. She turned over, pushing his hands off, and kissed him. Hard.

Clark was surprised by her actions, but he was not displeased. He responded to her enthusiastically, reveling in her questing hands, her demanding lips.

"Clark..." she whispered.

Clark's brain faintly recognized that she was not merely saying his name, that she was trying to say something to him. "Hmmmm?"

"Let's do it. Let's make love." Her statement was punctuated with kisses. "Please." It was only a whisper.

The request burned itself into Clark's mind. The meaning hit him in an admirably short amount of time, even for Superman. "Lois..." he began, but trailed off. He needed to ask if she was sure, if this was right. But it certainly *felt* right. This was, after all, *Lois* begging him with her words and actions, Lois pressing into his hands, into his body.
Kaethel smile

- Is that what we are?

RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
"Disquiet Nights" by Shawn V. Saw this part just last night while looking for a smoochie quote. smile

Here's another quote:

She grinned shyly up at him. "Today's been a pretty uneventful day."

He blinked in surprise, a slow smile spreading over his face. "Really? Are you sure?"

She made a face of impatience, tracing the fingers of one hand idly over his chest. "Clark, how much of an invitation do you need?"

He raised a hand to curve around the back of her head. "That's enough," he assured her, bending down to kiss her once more.

She met him eagerly this time, smiling so much she could barely kiss him. The desperate urgency that had fueled them two nights ago was gone, and in its place was a relaxed, awed joy. They let the emotion carry them, lightly, easily, trading kisses that were both playful and loving. There was no pain here, no threat of separation when the night was over. Lois was surprised to find that, under these circumstances, she could be all the things she hadn't known how to be: seductive, bold, flirtatious. She reveled in that newfound freedom, using hands and lips to tease as well as to worship, and every sound of pleasure he made thrilled her as well, the knowledge that she could make him feel that.

Reality melted around them, soft and surreal, as they made their way slowly to the bedroom, easing away layers of cloth as they went. Lois fell back on the bed, drawing a shaky breath. He rose above her, arms wrapped around her body, and she closed her eyes. It was the most real moment she'd ever known.

-- Roger

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I don't know the answer, but awwwwww....

Laura

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh!!! I know! I know! And I didn't even have to Google! smile1

That's Kaylle's stunning In Dreams smile <Blissful sigh...> It was the 'today's been a pretty uneventful day' that gave it to me. And yes, Laura, awww! is quite definitely right!

Okay, here goes... wink An oldie but definitely goodie, this one.

"Lois." His voice was low, urgent. "Lois, I know you said not to get any ideas, but when you're close to me, all I can think about is how desperately I want to kiss you." His fingers continued to stroke through the fall of mink brown hair, while his eyes searched her face.

Clark lowered his head slowly, watching for some sign of resistance, as though he expected her to pull away. But instead she tilted her head into the hand moving in her hair, and smiled, her eyes drifting closed as she pressed against him.

"Well, that's good," she murmured, just as his mouth touched hers, "'cause I desperately want to be kissed by you." He was gentle for a moment, tasting her, then with a groan of relief and pleasure he deepened the kiss. For a dazed second Lois thought that he kissed as though he were starving for her, but soon all thought was drowned in sensation.

Without breaking the kiss, Clark backed her toward the couch, and they collapsed onto the cushioned length of it, Clark beneath her. Her body had gone boneless with desire, while his was tense, straining to hold her even more closely. His hands moved restlessly, trying to touch her everywhere at once.

Long moments later, Lois pushed weakly at his chest, lifting her mouth from his to take a breath. She tried to speak, but the words died in her throat as she looked at his face. He was staring up at her with the strangest expression - as though he'd seen a ghost.

"What's the matter, Clark? she asked shakily. "Is something wrong - did I do something wrong?" She didn't usually go down like melted wax when she was kissed, but surely he wasn't put off by her response.

"What?" he said in a dazed voice. And then, "No! Oh no, never - it's just that I realized - just now when we were kissing - I knew. You're my Lois." The look of wonder was growing and spreading, making his eyes glow. Lois felt blinded by the light.

"*Your* Lois?" she repeated.
Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh I definitely remember this one! It's Alt Shook Up, by Georgia Walden.

Here's another one:

High above the city lights, they floated on their backs, star gazing. "That's Cyclops. You can see his one eye shining in his head," she said, pointing to the bright star. "And there's his arm . . ."

He shook with laughter, and she continued, "Okay, so he's got *really* long arms."

"And a pin-sized head," he added, grinning, and lifted her to lie on top of him, her body softly yielding on his. He threaded his fingers into her night-dark hair and raised his head to kiss her. She tasted of cloves and the night air, and he clasped the back of her head, holding her closer. Joy raced through his veins like sunlight as her lips parted, inviting him in. His tongue touched her full lower lip, then pressed on past her teeth, into the sweet warmth of her mouth. Her tongue met his, stroking and teasing him even as she caressed his chest and sides.

They kissed long and slow and deep, while his hands slid restlessly down her bare back. Free of the constraints of gravity, as relaxed and confident as if she, too, could fly and had no reason to fear falling, they made love.

Afterwards, he held her close, whispering her name. In the moonlight, her delicate features had an almost unearthly beauty, her smooth, slender limbs and graceful body bleached white, her eyes and hair mysterious shadows that his super-vision couldn't penetrate. But when he reached out to touch her face, she vanished, leaving him alone with the stars.
Kaethel smile

- Is that what we are?

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
smile1 This one's 'In The Beginning' by Sheila Harper.

Here's the next one. smile

He slipped a hand around the back of her neck and drew against him. She gasped slightly, but came more than willingly. Despite the fact that it was only their second kiss, he sealed their mouths with an ease that surprised
her. It had been like this with their first kiss, too- she'd expected awkwardness and uncertainty as they'd moved their relationship to the next step, but it hadn't been that way in the least. They'd been in perfect sync, brushing their lips together, then pulling apart for a
brief second before they'd each fallen forward, desperate for more of the other's touch.
Tricia cool

Features Writer
Features Writer
Ooh, that's Kaethel's and Tracey's wonderful "Midnight Confessions"

Another lovely one...
He saw Lois looking up at him and noticed her slightly
parted lips. He didn't know whether that was intended as an
invitation to kiss her or not, but she looked irresistible.
Her eyes were sparkling as she gazed at him and he felt the
feelings in his heart swell for her. She parted her lips
further and he moved his head down, letting his lips meet
with hers in another tender, loving kiss.

A hand moved through his hair and he sighed into Lois's
mouth, deepening the kiss from the tender caress it started
as, into a much more passionate kiss. The sensation of
Lois's mouth on his was heady and he brought both of his
arms to go around her waist, holding her gently as they
continued to kiss.
KathyM

Top Banana
Top Banana
That's Katie Sizer's That Dear Clark of Mine .

Next:

His eyes held hers steadily as he willed them not to drop down to the tantalizing view a few inches below her face.

"Good, because I've missed *this* already," she replied quickly as she stood on her tiptoes to kiss his mouth firmly.

Chuckling from the wonder of having Lois so open with her feelings, his arms slid around her body, and she wrapped hers around his neck, delighting in the feel of being in physical contact with him once more. They kissed hungrily for a few minutes, reveling in the newness of the next step in their relationship. His hand smoothed her back lovingly but it jarred him slightly to feel the embroidery of the S-emblem on her back. He closed their kiss and pulled away, his breathing still heavy.
Saskia

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yay, another one I didn't need to Google. The S-emblem gave it away immediately for me. This was Missy's lovely 'Seeing Red'.

Brb with a very quick quote, because I'm supposed to be on rounds, not checking MBs. <eg>

New quote:
"Oh, stop boasting!" Lois exclaimed in mock impatience. "Isn't it about
time you kissed me?"

He obliged, sliding his hand along her jaw-line to bring her face to him
and bringing his lips to hers. Lois had been kissed before, certainly, by
both Clark and Superman. But this was somehow... different. Superman's
kisses had rarely been in any sense passionate or romantic, apart from the
occasion when he had appeared to be affected by the pheromone compound.
When Clark had kissed her, he had been tentative, anxious not to overstep
the boundary of what was acceptable from a friend. *This* kiss was...
everything a lover's kiss should be, and Lois felt her insides melting as
she responded to him. No-one had ever been able to make her feel like that
before, she realised. How on earth had she managed to resist Clark for so
long? And why?
Jill goofy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, I recognised the author straight away... wink but had to Google the story. :p So I'll let someone else get it. Just didn't want to give Jill any (well, too much) more ammunition! cat

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wendy, your post was way too much of a hint. goofy Did take a bit of research to find it, which means I'm up for rereading this great story (like I need an excuse laugh ). That Super Man of Mine, by Wendy Richards.

Here's the next one, from another wonderful story, and what a smoochie! I dare any of you to say it didn't make your knees buckle! notworthy

"I don't want to waste time tiptoeing around this. I love you, and I want you, and I need you."

"I... I..." she stammered, looking anywhere but into his emotion-charged face.

With one great stride he moved to her. She didn't have a chance to move away or to speak before his lips were on hers, and his arms held her tight. Almost too tight, his grip verged on pain. Sweet pain, she thought in a daze. She didn't have any choice but to respond to the raw, masculine need she felt emanating from his stocky frame.

His body was hard against hers as she melted into his embrace. A rush of heat, fierce and primal, flooded through her, making all rational thought impossible. Mine, she thought. This man is mine.

Her knees wobbled, but his arms were tight around her, like steel support bars holding her up as she pressed herself closer, his angry desire striking a spark in her, exciting her against her will.

And then it happened.

The raw, fierce neediness of his kiss changed, the rage and desperation bleeding away, until only tenderness and love were left. His grip changed, still holding her close, but gentler now, as if she were something to be cherished, something to be protected. His hand came up to touch her hair softly, and then to trail down her back to her waist. He touched her as if she were made of spun glass.

She gasped and shivered as his mouth moved away from hers and laid a shimmering trail of kisses down her neck.
Kaethel smile

- Is that what we are?

B
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
B
I found it! I found it! I didn't even have to google!

/me is way too proud of herself over this accomplishment.

Anyway, it's In Cat's Corner by Irene, and it's a special smoochie because it's Joe kissing Cat! Go Joe!

Okay, here's my quote. It's a bit different (and a bit long), but it's a smoochie that really touched me, and still does, every time I read it.

"Can I call you?" the man asked as if suddenly afraid that he'd never see the woman if she disappeared out of the door of the shop.

"Fine," the woman responded, struggling with the snaps on her coat. Her hands came to a halt when she seemed to realize that the man had moved closer. The man's hand came up to her cheek, directing the woman's gaze to his. The moment their eyes met, even the proprietor could feel the electricity that seemed to jump between them.

'Kiss her,' the proprietor thought to himself and, as if he read his mind, the man began to lean in. The proprietor watched the woman's eyes look down at the man's mouth as if mesmerized, before touching her bottom lip with the tip of her tongue. The proprietor swallowed hard, suddenly feeling as if he were a voyeur. He glanced away but his peripheral vision told him that the man had, indeed, kissed the woman.

The kiss was over almost instantly. Still, the man and woman stood there for a minute more in complete silence, as if both were too overwhelmed by the experience to know quite what to do next. The woman recovered first.

"Good-bye," she whispered and the proprietor heard the door to his establishment open as she suddenly fled the store.

"Good-bye," he heard the man respond as the door slid closed behind her.

[...]

"And you thought furniture was soulless," he heard the man whisper.
Bethy

I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
oh oh oh! I know!

It's by ML Thompson and it's Echoes of the Past. evil

Lois turned at the sound of Clark's voice--and caught a glimpse of the
car accelerating toward her. She drew her breath to scream, "Help!
Superman!" when she was struck with a force that took her breath away-
-

--and abruptly found herself a thousand feet above the city, clutched
tightly in Superman's arms.

He buried his face against her hair, and his big body shook. "Oh,
God, Lois," he groaned. "I almost didn't make it."

She drew a long, shuddering breath, tears pricking her eyelids. "You
came . . . you came," she whispered.

"If I'd lost you . . ." He hugged her to him, one arm cradling her
back, the other hand cupping the back of her head.

Her arms slipped around his neck. "I'm right here."

"Lois." He ducked his head and blindly sought her mouth, starving for
the taste of her.

Locked in his arms, kissing him as they drifted through the sky . . .
The situation was too familiar for her to hesitate now, and she
responded eagerly. She knew his touch, his taste, the way he kissed .
. . and that extra something in him that called to her irresistibly.
No fake, no clone, no double from an alternate universe: this was her
husband as much as --

<Oh, God.> Lois eased back. This was absolutely impossible. She was
kissing her husband -- and fighting back the sick feeling that she was
cheating on her husband by doing so.

Superman murmured an inarticulate protest when she broke their kiss,
but he lowered his head and nuzzled the side of her neck. "I've
missed you so much," he murmured.
evil Laura (ahhh... one of my favorites)

--Thomas Moore

Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
I know it smile

It's from Sheila Harper's "All Myxed Up"

Here's a smoochie from one of my favorite authors laugh

The suspicious brightness in her eyes as she stared at him
in stunned silence broke his heart, and he opened his mouth
to apologise, but before the first word was out of his
mouth, Lois was flinging herself into his arms, pulling him
close and hugging him tighter than she'd ever had.

Her lips closed over his earlobe and trailed a series of
feather-like kisses along his jaw line before blindly
reaching for his mouth. She shifted, rising onto her knees
to draw level with him, and she kissed him deeply, with
more passion than she'd ever let him feel.

"And I love you," she whispered against his lips when she
pulled away. "I've been in love you for a long time, too.
Even if it took me longer than you to admit it to myself."

He leaned his forehead against hers, savouring every second
of a moment he'd waited for two long years. Hearing her say
she loved him was like a dream come true. The thrill of her
confession rippled through him, her words echoing in his
mind over and over, giving him strength for what was to
come.
- Laura

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Top Banana
Top Banana
Jill is going to have my head for that, I know... but I did have to google it. I thought one sentence structure looked like something I'd write, but then the rest, though familiar, didn't seem to fit with the list of titles that went through my mind... Anyway, it's Valentine's Secrets, by me. And yes, I'm ashamed of myself! blush

Okay here's another smoochie...

Lois held her breath as Clark slid the ring on her finger slowly, gently. The Centennial Park fountain gurgled softly behind her, the wind rustled the leaves in the trees, and the normal sounds of city traffic droned in the background, but all she could hear was the thunderous beating of her heart. It wasn't apprehension that drove her right now, but a feeling of joy unlike anything she had ever known. It almost felt as if her heart would literally explode, it was so filled with love and happiness. As if in slow motion, they rose, and Clark leaned in to kiss her. His lips were soft, and his touch was light, loving, but not insistent. It was a tender kiss, one that spoke of promises of the future, one that she wished would never end. As they pulled apart, he smiled at her, and she could see that he, too was feeling the same as her. She could see a confidence in his eyes that she had never seen before, and it gave her strength. She smiled back.

They stared at each other for a moment, their expressions drifting more toward those of love struck teenagers the longer the silence stretched on. Finally, Clark blinked, and his smile morphed into a look of surprise, and she could almost see the light bulb materialize above his head.

"Let's go celebrate!" he said as he grasped her other hand in his eagerly. Visions of champagne and chocolate truffles materialized in her mind, before fading away in favor of the image of a nice, soft bed, silk sheets, and candles. She blinked, wondering where exactly that came from. He didn't mean that kind of celebration, did he? But if he did, ooh. Maybe it was a little too soon for that, but on the other hand, it sure did sound nice.
Kaethel smile

- Is that what we are?

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
This quote is from Kaethel's beautiful 'Valentine's Secrets' - and I admit to Googling, but only for confirmation purposes. wink

And the last quote, from Sheila Harper...wasn't that 'Mxysplit'?

I defer to Kaethel for the new quote since she beat me to the post. <g> And anyway, I'm not supposed to be here again. goofy

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
That's a 30-minute episode extention of Ultrawoman by Cindy Leuch.

Laura (looking for a new kiss)

--Thomas Moore

Top Banana
Top Banana
Laura, I need the actual title before you post the new smoochie!! laugh It is indeed Cindy's episode extension of Ultrawoman, but it's not the title under which it's posted at the archive. wink

Kaethel smile

- Is that what we are?

Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
It's "Forever" by Cindy Leuch

Here's a smoochie from another of my favorite authors laugh

The moment her lips touched his, he lost track of
everything but her. Her arms came up around his neck as
she pressed herself close to him, and his arms, of their
own accord, gathered her in. The sequins of her dress felt
rough under his hands, compared to the smooth softness of
her back. The memories of their night together came
crashing back around him, and he grew bolder, deepening the
kiss. She clung to him as if she'd never want to leave,
and--
- Laura laugh
I prefer Laura8 because that's my softball number.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
<sigh> That was the title at the top of the story... I guess Laura3 beat me to it.

Laura2

--Thomas Moore

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hey, totally off-topic here but it is my thread and all wink I just had a fun idea to keep the Lauras straight... We can have LauraA (for Alicia), LauraBF (self explanatory) and LauraCh. Or is that overly complicated? <g> I've had this thing about alphabetizing lately...

Anyway, I'm enjoying this thread quite a lot; thanks everyone! smile

edit: oh, and now I see LauraA's posted her smoochie... wow, what a great kiss. Wonder what goddess/genius could have written that one... goofy

PJ

"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard