Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#140882 08/06/03 10:39 AM
Saskia Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I received an email of a lurker today. The person read my fic 'The Story of Kal-El and His Concubines' and wondered about something. I got the request to ask you all about the question, since I don't know the answer at all.

So here goes:

Whenever I see the word "concubine" in any of these Lois and Clark stories I always get the line in my head "Who's my little concubine?" I haven't watched the TV show (L&C) since I stopped my cable service about 3 years ago, but I think he said that line in one of the shows. Can you verify this with the bulletin board group? If he hasn't said that, I think it would make a good storyline, kind of like you've already got going here.

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
#140883 08/06/03 01:38 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It doesn't sound familiar to me -- but then, I'm no big fan of those episodes so I haven't rewatched them much. smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#140884 08/07/03 05:49 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I don't think Clark ever spoke that line in the show, either ... maybe the person is confusing Lois's "Slave to concubine, is that a step down?" line with Clark's earlier, "My little ... tornado!"?

I do think that would be a funny line to include in a fanfic, though, to have Clark be teasing Lois and say, "Come here, my little concubine!" The look on her face would be priceless, LOL!

Kathy

#140885 08/07/03 05:51 AM
Columnist
Columnist
I actually am a pretty big fan of those eps and I can tell you with relative certainty that that line is not in them. It doesn't sound familiar to me at all, but I'm wondering if it's a line from another popular tv show or movie. I have no idea which one or if that's even the case, but that would be my first guess.

~Anna

EDIT: Kathy posted at the same time as me, and I agree that the look on Lois's face would be priceless! laugh

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard