A
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
A
Dear FoLCs,

here's a weird story.

I was expressing an idea for a fic to Carole. More or less, the below:

Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher are going to the studio for "Tempus Fugitive". While playing with the time machine, they accidentally travel in, let's say, July 26, 2003, in Metropolis and meet L&C. After spending some time with them, they come back in our universe, but forget to change the date in the time machine... so they remain stuck in the future, 10 years after their disappearance. Searching around the Internet about L&C and themselves, they find our mbs, become members, and fanfic-writers.

And then Carole told me that someone had already had this idea!! eek help

Thank you,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Features Writer
Features Writer
AnnaBtG,

Maybe what Carole is talking about is the 'fic' "Help Finding Lois", initiated by AltClark. You can find it here . Take a look at it. It's a very interesting approach. Although it isn't exactly what you mentioned, such as having Lois and Clark in our time, maybe it's what you're looking for.

malu

A
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
A
Thanks, Malu, but I've already read this one and I can tell it's not it.

Anyone else?

AnnaBtG.

Top Banana
Top Banana
The two fics that your description makes me think of are the Swapmeet: Metropolis, by Debby Stark, and Swapmeet: Burbank, by Margaret Bridgnell (I hope I got the titles right), both available on the archive. In both those fanfics, one actor switches places with his/her fictional counterpart. Maybe those are what you're looking for.

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Merriwether
Merriwether
I, too, thought of the Swapmeet series by Debby and Margaret (each doing one "side" of the dimensional travel). The stories don't involve fanfic writing, as far as I can recall <g> but they do involve Dean and Teri changing places with Clark and Lois, then the four of them trying to figure out how to get home. (If I remember, they eventually figure out how to talk with each other one some type of IRC program.)

Even if this isn't what you are thinking of, I *highly* recommend that everyone read the stories (it doesn't really matter in which order; just be sure to read them both!) They were absolutely marvelous ... cute, funny, extremely well plotted and incredibly creative.

In fact, I think I may want to reread them myself in the near future. smile

Kathy

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What Kaethel and Kathy said. <g> They don't precisely match your premise, Anna, but they match a lot of it and are just fantastic stories. Still have very fond memories of finding those on the Archive.

There are quite a lot of stories dealing with Lois and Clark finding fans or fanfic on the internet. Can't think of any titles off the top of my head, naturally, now that I need them. I guess The Clark Letters would be one, although it's not really a fanfic, more of a conversation. And I'm sure Erin (famous author type person) wrote one (Bedtime Stories?). Know there are many more.

Hope you write up your idea anyway, even if some elements have been covered in the past. Your version is bound to be different from anyone else's. I'd read it. <G>

LabRat smile (who wonders if, now that Erin's a published author, we're allowed to use her name in casual conversation without paying her royalties... laugh )

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL Rat! laugh

Don't forget Jenny Stosser's great The Chicken Or The Egg - sorry, too tired to go and find the link. It also involves a Dean Cain and Clark Kent switch; it's very different from Swapmeet, but equally enjoyable.

I also wrote an actors/L&C encounter, though my version was somewhat different still (ie it wasn't Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher); the Big Boys Do Fly series, available on the archive.

However, as Rat says, Anna, write your own! Lots of people have similar ideas but come up with very different stories. Just read Swapmeet and Chicken and you'll see!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just read Swapmeet and Chicken and you'll see!
Good recommendations, both... but is it Clark's chicken, or Dean's chicken? jump

PJ
running away fast...

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Kaethel, I couldn't find back the title.

Carole

A
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
A
I'll read all these fics, and I'll write my own... sometime... when the other fics I'm working on give me time to do it...

Thank you all for the help and the encouragement.

See ya,
AnnaBtG.(who still can't believe how twisted we FoLCs can be... evil can't we??)

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard