Next Thread
Print Thread
#140688 07/16/03 08:13 AM
Sorcha Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Hey all <g>

Did I forget to mention that I lurked around the archive for a couple of months before finally coming on the scene? During that time, I did an awful lot of reading - roughly half the archive - and saved all my favourite stories to disk. As you can imagine, there were quite a lot of them - some documents comprised of about a thousand pages.

However <yes, you guessed it> my computer totally crashed during the year and as a consequence, I lost all of those carefully laid-out, much-loved stories help

The second one is even more obscure <g>. This one has a past Lois and Clark, something like an incarnation but not quite, meeting in olden times and falling in love. Umm...I can remember something about Clark competing in a boxing match to buy Lois puppies...also something about Lois about to get married to another man but the groom switching places with Clark, without Lois' knowledge. I also remember something about sign language...... huh

Any and all replies will be greatly appreciated smile

Sara jump

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Sara smile

I have absolutely no idea about the second story, confused but the first is (IMO) the best TOGOM adaptation there is, LabRat's poignant If Tomorrow Comes.

Happy re-reading! goofy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Sorcha Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Ooh, thanks Wendy!!! /me dashes off to retrieve file...and Labrat, great work!!! notworthy

Sara jump

Meet Joe Black
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, here goes. The first one is a TOGOM rewrite. As you can imagine, searching for this was like trying to find a needle in a haystack <note: please don't tell me to look up Wendy Richards' stuff - that was the first place I turned to.../me ducks and runs >
ROTFLMAO! And I did just that when you mentioned in to me in email, didn't I? <g> Hey, I stand by my theory that it was your best bet! smile1

LabRat (who is still chuckling over the irony of suggesting you post here and see if someone knew which it was... goofy )

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Sorcha Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
>>>ROTFLMAO! And I did just that when you mentioned in to me in email, didn't I? Hey, I stand by my theory that it was your best bet! smile1 <<<<

Well, lets see... I think my emotions were something like rotflmaogaspcrycringesobgrowlyellatLoisgoawwwwandevenmoreawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww all the way through...it was a truly well-written venture.

And oops...wish I'd refered to your life lesson in author's note...think I've done just that eek will I live to regret it?

>>>>LabRat (who is still chuckling over the irony of suggesting you post here and see if someone knew which it was... goofy )<<<

Everybody chorus - "Now THAT'S ironic!!!" Ah, well, I was just as bad, going on about how brilliant it was to the author herself without a bulls clue of the actual fic rotflol

Anyway...great job!

Sara jump

Meet Joe Black
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey Sara

Well then, I figured I could capitalize on my lack of life by searching for the other story.

A Sign of Your Love by Letitia Logan

I definitely found Clark making money off of boxing so he could get Lois two puppies and Lois teaching Clark sign language, so it might fit the bill. And they both had olden-type names.

Edit: Or if I was smart, I would have read the author's notes like I'm doing now and it actually says, "A story set in another time." goofy

Ciao,
Jen wink

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Sorcha Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Woohoo! goofy

Now, with my computer files *finally* restored to their former glory, I can die happy smile

Thanks again! clap

Sara. jump

Meet Joe Black

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard