Next Thread
Print Thread
#140572 07/04/03 01:49 PM
F
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
F
I am looking for any fanfics that were written as an epilogue to Lois and Clarks. Where Clark2 and HGW go to the Congo and find Lois. I've read a couple of Congo stories but they're sort of AU and don't seem to come directly off this episode. Anyone seen one anywhere and if so, can you tell me where? Thanks. help

#140573 07/04/03 02:16 PM
Columnist
Columnist
There are a couple that I would recommend.

Kathy Brown wrote a wonderful continuation of this for the 5th Season project (which are all fantastic reading, by the way) and it's called 'Through the Looking Glass.'

I'd also recommend Margaret Brignell's fantastic 'Only You' 5-part series.

Jeff Brogden wrote 'Then Came You' which is also wonderful.

And I wrote 'Trading Places' which is another exploration of this episode.

There are a LOT more, but this will do as a start. I'm sure that others will make more recommendations as well.

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
#140574 07/04/03 04:34 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

See if this can help you.

"TRYST" by Pam Jernigan

"Million Miles Away" by Pam Jernigan

"Lois' Return"' By Chiara Prato

"Strange Visitor from the Congo" by Wendy Richards

"Fear of Discovery III: Coming Home" by Yvonne Connell

"Two Became One" by Jeff Brogden

"The Congo Coma" By Amnah Johnson

MAF blush

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#140575 07/04/03 05:21 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Some of these I haven't yet read (amazing, isn't it???)... Wonder if you could provide links to them for us lazy (or RL-swamped) FoLCs, so that we can go to them really quickly?

Melisma (under her Rock, slowly getting back into reading the archives and other FoLC sites...)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
#140576 07/04/03 11:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty shameless suggestion here, but my story, Connections, is about Alt Clark finding Alt Lois. However HG Wells isn't in it and only a very small part of it is set in the Congo, although that's also the case for most of the stories suggested in the previous posts. smile

Georgia Walden's 'Nemisis' looks at Lois's experience in the Congo, but I don't think HG was in it. I recall a story called 'Desperately Seeking Lois' about alt Clark going to the Congo and finding Lois working in a school there, but I can't find it in the fanfic archive. Maybe I've got the title wrong and somebody else will remember it.

I'm assuming here, when you ask for an epilogue, that you're interested specifically in stories about the alt universe that we saw in S3 & 4 and not in other-alt universe stories. If that's the case, not all the stories suggested in the previous posts fit what you want, although they are all very enjoyable fanfics. smile

Carol

#140577 07/05/03 12:10 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wonder if you could provide links to them for us lazy (or RL-swamped) FoLCs, so that we can go to them really quickly?
Most (if not all) of them are on the Archive, Mel - check out the list by title and you should find them fairly easily. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#140578 07/05/03 05:34 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Oh, I figured as much, Rat... But I'm lazy and/or swamped with RL - how about linking the titles in the post to the story on the Archive for me and others in that situation? <innocent grin>

Melisma (under her Rock, wondering if she was as clear in her first post as she thought she was...)

- Yoda
#140579 07/05/03 06:31 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
But I'm lazy and/or swamped with RL - how about linking the titles in the post to the story on the Archive for me and others in that situation?
Sorry, Mel, but no can do. I'm swamped with things to do too - beta reading mostly - and it would take longer for me to make up those links than it would to click pages on the Archive! goofy

But perhaps someone who isn't so busy could do it for you.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#140580 07/05/03 06:43 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Speaking from personal experience, I can tell you that it's much easier to provide a list of stories if one isn't trying to provide links for all of them. wink This is the main reason my recommendations page hasn't been updated in mumblemumble years...

Anyway... Thanks for the recommendations, Maria! blush Carol's right, though -- "Tryst" was not set in canon, although it did involve the Congo. I second the recommendation for Carol's "Connections" -- great story, on many levels.

Out of curiosity, I went to the archive and did a Google search of it, searching on "congo" and "clarks" (from the ep title; that seemed like it would narrow things down). The search pulled up 12 stories... maybe one of those is what you're looking for. smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#140581 07/05/03 07:37 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#140582 07/05/03 06:03 PM
F
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
F
Thanks SO much. I'm happily printing all the ones I haven't read. I've read Tryst, and Strange Visitor from the Congo and thought they were all great. But, they weren't, as someone suggested, based on the au in the episodes which is what I want. I'm hoping one of these other stories will be. Can't wait to read them anyway. You guys are great.

#140583 07/05/03 10:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Checked my musty hard drive and found 'Desperately Seeking Lois' . smile It's by Jennifer Eagan, and it is set in the Congo, but no H.G. Wells in it. The story's not in the fanfic archive though.

Carol

#140584 07/06/03 11:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's a link to Jennifer Eagan's stories - you'll find 'Desperately Seeking Lois' there. smile

Jennifer Eagan

The url is http://members.aol.com/beth012400/jeagan.htm. (in case I haven't done the link thing properly:) )

Carol

#140585 07/07/03 01:57 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Thanks for 'linkifying' that list, Jen, and for finding JEagan's site for us, Carol - now maybe I'll be able to find quickly one of my old favourites to read when I have more than five minutes to spare!

Melisma (under her Rock, passing FoLC-of-the-year awards to Jen and Carol...)

- Yoda
#140586 07/07/03 03:25 PM
Blogger
Blogger
Shadow, Thanks for posting these stories. smile I do have a question about Yvonne Connell stores Fear of Discovery. Did she also write a story called Fear of Discovery 2 3/4. wink

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard