Print Thread
#140537 07/02/03 12:37 PM
A
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
A
Something I cannot remember...

What do Lois and Clark say when something bad happens?

(If you cannot understand what I'm asking you take a look at the title... lol.)

Thanks.
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#140538 07/02/03 07:05 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Depends on what kind of bad...Like when Mayson died, Lois ran over to the scene and said, "Oh my god." But I wouldn't know how they'd respond if, say, somebody fender-bendered Lois' car...

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#140539 07/02/03 07:40 PM
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
well, it was a family show, so they kept it pretty clean. I'd say they usually said things like "oh, shoot!" or "crap!" as opposed to actual profanity. In reality, I'd guess Lois swears more freely than Clark, but she wouldn't swear a whole lot. Journalists in general tend to be a group that swear a lot. But I doubt Clark swears much. It would have to be something pretty upsetting. Lois probably swore a lot at one point to prove she was just as tough and hardened as all the men in the newsroom. But by this point she probably wouldn't swear much, I'd think.

Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
#140540 07/02/03 11:36 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
In reality, I'd guess Lois swears more freely than Clark, but she wouldn't swear a whole lot.
Oh yes she would! <g> Remember the Wedding Arc? Perry reminiscing about that ski trip where Lois broke her ankle and confiding awe-struck to Clark 'the language that came out of that woman's mouth...' as they carried her off the ski slope? goofy

A good compromise between injecting some reality into your fanfic, Anna, and not going over pg13 is to have your character start to curse and be cut off or cut himself/herself off in mid word. That one works pretty well. laugh But that would apply to Lois, not Clark, I think.

I agree Clark would curse fairly mildly - he did use 'oh, god' in the show several times - mostly in the latter seasons - but that was as far as I remember him going.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#140541 07/05/03 05:32 AM
Columnist
Columnist
I was just watching the three squinty-vision eps that I have on my laptop, and in the pilot when Clark (as yet not named Superman, although he's in the Suit) eats the bomb, Lois gasps, "What in (the?) hell are you???"

Hope that helps...

Melisma (diving back under her Rock to go looking for more squinty-vision eps - can anyone help her?)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
#140542 07/05/03 11:27 AM
A
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
A
You are very helpful.
Thank you all.

AnnaBtG. smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard