Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#140523 07/02/03 02:54 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Are there any Lord Darcy fans out there?

If so, I had an idea of combining that Alternate History with LnC, but I don't want to waste time and effort if no one is going to read it.

The second reason is that if there is an interest base, then I will need some help squaring away some of the character changes needed for LnC to fit into that kind of world.

Basically, I'm asking for sounding boards.

Please reply to this post. If more than 5 people respond, then I think I will go for it.

James.

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#140524 07/02/03 04:14 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Hmm... I have no idea who Lord Darcy is.

( peep Sorry peep )

But I think that there is people who would read the story, no matter whether they are Lord Darcy's fan or not.

I say go for it!!

AnnaBtG.

P.S.: Sorry I can't help you with your second question.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#140525 07/02/03 04:17 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, I'm not especially a fan, but I know there are plenty in the fandom who are - to judge from irc conversations. goofy

I don't think you'll be short of readers, let's say. wink

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#140526 07/02/03 04:35 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Hmm... I have no idea who Lord Darcy is.
Don't worry, until some time ago I haven't too. And I read plenty of Science Fiction. (Because it is SF,isn't it?) He is a character created by Randall Garrett.

Here in Spain doesn't seem to be popular. I've gone to the Spain Library database and I only found one reference... in German :rolleyes:

I can't deny I would like to put my hands on his books.

Jose wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#140527 07/02/03 08:32 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Sounds interesting, James. What will you call it -- Too Many Reporters? laugh

More to the point, where (and when) will you set it? In Darcy's world, or in a Darcified version of the show's world? In London, Rouen or Metropolis, New England (aka North America, for those who don't know)?

Oh, and I do hope you can work in cameos by various characters -- Darcy and Master Sean, of course, but also the Marquis de London and Lord Bontriomphe <snicker>, Sir James le Lien, Olga (no. 055... can't you just see her making a play for Clark -- and Lois' reaction? 'Cause Olga's not blonde! laugh ), Sir Thomas and Tia, Grand Master Grey, the Lord High Admiral, the Dowager Duchess and, of course, John IV and Prince Richard.

Go for it, mate! Should be a hoot.

Phil

Ping! Ping!! Ping!!! -- Mother Box
She's such a chatterbox at times...
#140528 07/03/03 10:27 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Tarkas:

More to the point, where (and when) will you set it? In Darcy's world, or in a Darcified version of the show's world? In London, Rouen or Metropolis, New England (aka North America, for those who don't know)?
Where: Small's Town in Topekasex of Heartland and Macropolis in New Troy.
When from 1966 to 1994

It would be more Darcified in nature.

Originally posted by Tarkas:

Oh, and I do hope you can work in cameos by various characters -- Darcy and Master Sean, of course, but also the Marquis de London and Lord Bontriomphe <snicker>, Sir James le Lien, Olga (no. 055... can't you just see her making a play for Clark -- and Lois' reaction? 'Cause Olga's not blonde! laugh ), Sir Thomas and Tia, Grand Master Grey, the Lord High Admiral, the Dowager Duchess and, of course, John IV and Prince Richard.

Phil
Cameos could be possible.

I am re-reading the book Lord Darcy 3-in-1 and will also see about getting my hands on the more recent stories. I may also see about getting Kurland's stuff as well.

You realize, Phil, that by your intrest, I will probably use you mercilessly and bother you with questions.

James

#140529 07/03/03 09:10 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Lord Darcy universe and Superman. You are a twisted person. I like that.

To see a sample Lord Darcy story from the recent reprint by Baen books Darcy sample

#140530 07/04/03 07:50 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
confused confused

The only Darcy I've ever heard of is Mr Darcy from the wonderful Pride and Prejudice. Lord Darcy?? goofy )

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#140531 07/08/03 05:09 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I'm halfway through re-reading the Darcy series and I have to admit that I think I lack the Talent to produce this thing.

t's not like I don't have enough encouragement, but, but I just don't think I could do this kind of crossover justice.

Thanks for the input anyway.

James

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard