Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#140487 06/27/03 02:03 PM
Blayne Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Did anyone ever read those "Choose your own ending" books when they were younger? Well I saw an interesting fanfic for Dr. Quinn, Medicine woman, and it was called an Interactive Story. It was a lot like the "Choose your ending" books. I thought it was a really great idea for a fanfic, and people were able to add to it and things like that. This might sound like a totally stupid idea to everyone else, but I'll try to find the site that had this story on it, and post the address...

*Blayne*

Clark: You are really high maintenance, you know it?
Lois: But I'm worth it.

Clark: Not exactly what you had in mind, huh?
Lois: Let's see. So far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, been treated as your girlfriend, and insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this.
Blayne Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Ok well the site is http://www.friendsofjane.com/story.htm
But it's under construction right now... (doesn't it figure) and when they open that part back up, I'm not sure if the story will be all new and started from scratch, or if they'll post the old one as well...

*Blayne*

Lois: Let's see. So far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, been treated as your girlfriend, and insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this.
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Well, this is slightly different, but Sarah and I have been kicking around the idea of a choose your own adventure story for nearly two years now. It wouldn't be interactive in the sense that people could add to it, but they would be able to chose from two choices at the end of each short section. We still talk about writing it occassionally, and I think it would be fun, but with everything else we've got going now, it's way on the back burner. You've got me thinking about it now though.... Maybe this can be my new excuse for putting off Playing for Keeps. <G>

Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
Blayne Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Annie,
I actually think it would be better without the interaction part, because personally, I think some people's parts that they added were pretty bad, and some were really stupid. But I'm glad to hear that someone's thought about it! Maybe you could do 2 different ones, like one regular fanfic and one nfic? And maybe for the endings, one could be a TE? I'm just doing a little bit of brainstorming here... If you need any help when you start to work on it, I'll do whatever I can!

*Blayne*

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Yay! Great idea! smile1

What we've got here is failure to communicate...

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard