Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kitty Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I need a beata reader or an Editor to hel me on two stories. But if you don't have enough time can anyone help me to continue this one. It's started out right but it's getting to a point of how to continue without sound lame/corny. I'll smile1anyone who can help.
-------------------------------------------
“Vamps”

It was a nice summers day and Lois and Clark had spent the two previous days in the park and also chores also. Now it was a working day. Lois climbs out of the elevator and into the newsroom floor. Perry soon calls them in to his office to give out the assignment.

Three days later, in outer space in a half Kryptonian type shuttle, inside the shuttle had twelve Kryptonian men and women. Minute after minute as time passes; each Kryptonian falls unconscious and dies from an unknown source. Philip however heard the noises in the shuttles and made a haste to hide himself. He locks himself from the inside.
But seconds later Philip was loosing consciousness also like the others, the last sound he heard was a warning from the ship that the ship was getting pulled towards a planet by it’s gravitational pull.

On earth, Perry screams “Lois! Clark! One of you go and gets Superman, We have a Kryptonian ship in orbit. There are no signs of a pilot. It’s rapidly approaching Metropolis.”
Clark rushes out, “I’ll see if I can get a hold of him.”
Clark gets there in time to prevent the shuttle from crashing to the most highly populated place in Metropolis. He later sets the shuttle down near a clearing in an empty runway of the Metropolis international airport. He helps the medical and other rescue groups to go through the wreckage for survivors. As they surveyed the crews, Dr. Klein was called in and he had assets the bodies were all to be of Kryptonian in origin but upon further investigation he had found the bodies to be sucked dry of all traces of blood. But Clark’s super-hearing had picket up a heartbeat somewhere in the wreckage. He listened closely and followed it. Clark lifts the wreckage and found a young teenage man with light skin and blond hair. Clark examines him and saw that the man was indeed alive and had a nametag on. He read the nametag and it said, “Philip Henson, assistant researcher of the SRV.” Clark assumes from what he saw earlier on the remains of the ship had the initial SRV on it and after it had explained “ Science Research Vessel.”
“Klein!” Klein comes over, “I think he’s still alive.” Dr. Klein examines the man and indeed he was still alive.
*-*-*-*-*-
But within two hours later an epidemic was running threw Metropolis. Klein was so busy trying to figure out what had caused the epidemic that he had barely enough time to see if Philip was okay. But when he did have the time to study Philip’s blood, he had realized that the two were connected. Philip was suffering from what some humans are suffering from right now but in his own similar way.
*-*-*-
In the following month, roughly a million Metropolis citizens had died from the new virus. Klein had worked day and night to figure it out but all he had found out is the DNA structure of the virus and why it was killing the people of earth but as to who or what had started the virus, he could not figure it out. “If only I knew what had started it?” Klein had thought to himself. After two weeks of hard work, Klein had to take a break from his research for three days to catch up on his sleep. But he had gone back to work on the research as soon as he had caught up on his sleep.
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Days later Clark sat on the couch with Lois to watch the TV with her when Lois noticed a humming noise. She didn’t know why Clark, who had super hearing couldn’t hear it. She looks at the mosquitoes and noticed the mosquitoes were feeding on Clark’s blood. Upon her finding she found it to be odd, so She takes the nearest thing she could find to try and captures the bug alive.
Later one in the evening the next day at Dr. Klein’s lab, Lois had been waiting for two and a half hours for Klein’s test results. When she saw Klein, she stood up.
“So, Klein, what is the result?”
“First, Lois. It’s a lucky thing you brought that mosquitoes in otherwise I wouldn’t known what was causing this epidemic.”
“You mean the two are connected.”
“Yes, when Philip’s shuttle had entered earth it was also carrying with it a swarm of Kryptonian Mosquitoes.”
Lois then asked a few minutes later, “How’s Philip? His vital signs are stabilizing but he is still weak.”
“I hope he gets well but it is surprising that out of all those Kryptonians only one survived.”
Just then Klein heard an assistant called his name, he rushes in to see that Philip was awake and trying to walk on his own. It seems like that he was desperate to leave. Klein heard all sort of odd words coming out of Philip’s mouth but did not recognize them. But as if suddenly Philip started speaking English, “I must leave. You all have to leave before it gets you too.”
“Who’s coming for you?”
“Not who, it’s an it. The only reason I survived is because I’m not completely kryptonian.” Klein tries to get Phillip to sit down at least by explaining to him that space travel technology hasn’t come to earth yet, and secondly, his ship is totally wrecked with no way off of the planet. Phillip sat down as Klein suggests that he helps him find a cure. “I can get you the cure, provided that my head would stop spinning.”
Klein helps the man to sit down. Philip explained that the last planet that they were on had some weird cross bread of insects and animals on them. They took a few animals to see how their biology works. It wasn’t until three to six months after they had left that they had realized that they had another stowaway. He had only just found the cure three and a half hours before the ship that he was on was being pulled in by the earth’s gravitational pull. He immunized himself against the bugs on the ship because he was the only man left and hid himself not knowing rather he would survived the plunge or his Kryptonian gene would help him survive; And also because the ship was big and he needed at least three pilots to steer the ship. “I can give you the formula for the cure that the mosquitoes carries but you’ll still have the problem of the mosquitoes population. They can multiple rapidly and not only that the lifespan of the mosquitoes are one Kryptonian year.”
“Which are how many earth years?”
“Depends on how you calculate time.”
So, Klein told him how people of earth calculate time. Philip then did some calculation in his head, “Roughly estimated to be 100 years.”
“100!”
“Yeah, one Kryptonian year equals 100 earth ears and during the first year, Kryptonians have a rapid growth period. Seriously, lets get back to the problem at hand.”

Four hours later, klein had adjusted the cure for the disease so that it would work on humans as well but he was worried, he called Lois’ cellular and talked to her.
In a nearby restaurant, Lois was eating lunch with a source for a story when her phone rang. She picks it up. “Hello, Lois Lane.”
“Lois, this is Klein. I like to know where you got that mosquito. It looked like it had recently fed on some Kryptonian blood.” Well, I had dinner with superman a few days ago. I took it off of him.”
“I was afraid of that.”
“Why what is wrong?”
“ I just hope it hasn’t gotten worse. Have you seen him since then.”
“I think only twice since this week. “
“How did he look?” Philip cuts in.
“Well, it was odd but I think he’s had a little bit of the chills, yesterday.”
“Can you find him and get him here? And Lois we should start inoculating everyone in Metropolis. So you better come also.” Lois immediately ended the call and told her source that she had an emergency that came up and needed to leave.

She got back to the Planet in thirty minutes and found Clark. She had noticed that the room was pretty warm and yet Clark was wearing a sweater. Something he had not done before.

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I could try my beta reading skills with "Vamps", but it's my first attempt and, although I could help you quite much, maybe my BR wouldn't be enough.

Let me know if it's ok with you.

See you soon.
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Kitty Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Sure Anna. Keep me posted of what area I should continue on. Here is an additonal part I added on but it sound awful.
-----------------------------------------
She got back to the Planet in thirty minutes and found Clark. She had noticed that the room was pretty warm and yet Clark was wearing a sweater. Something he had not done before. Lois immediately told Clark about Dr. Klein’s call. The two of them started to head off to Klein’s lab. Clark decided to have Lois drive them their giving Lois some lame excuse. Clark didn’t want to tell Lois the actual reason why he wasn’t flying them there and doing his spin change.

Once they got to the lab, Clark was in his superman suite, with Lois trying to put a jacket over him. After a few minutes, Klein inoculated both Lois and Clark. But later, Klein had another team of scientist to produce the vaccine and distribute it around the hospitals in Metropolis. Klein had also started working on a pesticide that might kill the mosquitoes.
------------------------------

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard