Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Tank Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
T
Okay, as you all know I've been 'forced' out of retirement. I've embraced this unretirement by writing a few fun vignettes and challenges.

This is something that can easily be continued and probably will be.

The question I have is about possible continuations of To Protect and Serve, and the Future Series (Lois' story). At the time there was some mild expression of interest in seeing more of the worlds those stories set up. Is this still true? Is anybody really interested in seeing more?

My question is, because I don't plan to be writing any type of long drawn out epic again anytime soon, would there still be interest if it was handled in a different way.

I have the idea that I could handle the continuation of both worlds by writing a series of shorter stories that would focus on certain important, seminal events in the lives of those characters. Rather than a long drawn out story that touches on all aspects of the growing relationships and the events surrounding them till we get to the stereotypical 'happy ending'; I'd rather focus on 'snapshots' of the critical points of the ongoing story and leave out the 'filler' in between.

Would this be agreeable to anyone, or should I just forget about those universes and concentrate on more of what I've been doing lately? I'm not sure, yet, what I want to do, but I thought I'd ask for some feedback opinions of what some of the gentle readers might want to see.

Tank (who isn't sure his ramblings made much sense, but then, that wouldn't be the first time)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
this isn't going to be particularly helpful, tank, but...

write what you want to write. if you have fun with it, it'll be a better story. whatever you want to write, i'm sure we'll like it. epics are good, but so are shorter stories. different kinds of appeal.

that's true in general. if you want to write, write. if you don't enjoy it, then don't write it.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Columnist
Columnist
I would definitely like to see more of both universes, Tank, especially To Protect and Serve.

I have no problem with a series of short stories. After all, that's all my Starfire and Sunstorm story is. smile

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I too would love for you to delve into both of those universes again and I have no objections to snapshots as you put it. I will have objections if you don't get it in gear and start writing one tho... <g> smile1

Marns
~pobody's nerfect
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Tank

A series of short stories in both universes would be great. smile1

Tricia cool

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Tank, ditto Irene!! More of both universes, if you please! smile1 And hey, if your Muse should lead you to make some of these vignettes a little... well, longer, I certainly won't complain! goofy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
T
Tank Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
T
Wendy, I'm not necessarily talking just vignettes here, and definitely not vignettes regarding those mini-sequels.

Those would be shorts. Likely two to four or five parts long. Just long enough to achieve 'something' in the lives of those characters.

The real problem now is; my poor super secret mystery beta reader was so looking forward to a long relaxing break from any of my stories. But if I'm forced to write more that poor beleagered beta will be forced back into service.

Do we, the gentle readers really want to do that to that poor innocent volunteer?

Tank (who once again is thinking of others, rather than himself)

Features Writer
Features Writer
Do we, the gentle readers really want to do that to that poor innocent volunteer?
Yes.

Although I think it's very sweet of you, Tank, to be concerned... smile

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Blogger
Blogger
Tank wrote:
The real problem now is; my poor super secret mystery beta reader was so looking forward to a long relaxing break from any of my stories. But if I'm forced to write more that poor beleagered beta will be forced back into service.

This 'poor innocent volunteer' isn't exactly complaining... goofy

Nope, Mr Wilson, sir, you have run out of excuses! Now GET WRITING! wildguy

SSMBR mad

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
A series of short stories sounds good to me, too. Okay, Wilson, you've got your answer. Now get busy!

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I also vote for more stories. Short, long, epic or medium - I promise I won't discriminate. wink

Avia

"I get it, you're a ghost. You're dead. Big accomplishment, move on. You see a light anywhere? Go towards it okay?"

Cordelia in 'Rm w/a Vu' - Angel episode 1x05
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Thank you SSMBR for supporting us to get more stories out of Tank laugh

MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
Let me think (quite a challenge for me). To Protect and to Serve ended with Clark not having his powers, Henderson working with Nigel and Luthor's wife, and the possibility of a superman clone. Hmmmm.

Does your question mean that you AREN'T working on a To Protect and to Serve sequel yet. I guess that leaves me with only one question, Tank. And let me see how I can say this diplomatically. WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? GET WRITING! I WANT A SEQUEL!

grumble

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Top Banana
Top Banana
Tank, you'd better write, or we're all going to change the name of those boards to "Long haired Lois and Jimmy Fanfic Message Boards"! Be warned! evil

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Blogger
Blogger
Just dropping in again very quickly to let faithful Tank fans know that their blandishments seem to have worked... wink

Watch this space! laugh

SSMBR smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

You write. I read. smile1

MAF laugh

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
To Protect and Serve, and the Future Series (Lois' story).
Where are the above stories at???

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Kerth
Kerth
You could find them at the Archive smile

To Protect and Serve

A Future not Now

A Future Revised

A Future Revised

[Edit:] I forgot this blush

A Future Rerouted

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ok,

I've read both stories.

I'm with everyone else.

Tank, you need to write more on them!

To Protect and Serve needs a sequal!!!!

James

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard