Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
IreneD Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Very funny, Saska.<- sarcasm. I'm NOT amused. Where's the real ending?

I thought this was absolutely hilarious and truly evil!

But, to be serious for a second, I'll just let you know that there are a number of readers who do get quite upset over unlabelled Tank endings. I would suggest that you edit the subject line to avoid upset feelings.

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Oh my gosh! As I was reading, I totally thought it was the real ending! The ending was really funny, though. LOL, Earl and Denzler in love.

- Alicia smile

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
[...]I'll just let you know that there are a number of readers who do get quite upset over unlabelled Tank endings.
And I'll let you know that Irene is seriously understating the case! I am not "quite upset", I am considerably more than that.

Because of my feelings about UTEs, I will say nothing further than that I will not be reading any more of this story. It has been ruined for me. Pity; it was an interesting rework of the episode.

Phil

Ping! Ping!! Ping!!! -- Mother Box
She's such a chatterbox at times...
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm not as disturbed as Phil, but I confess that I didn't like it much either. frown I remember when TE's were way over the top and extremely obvious. ("Lois looked up at the nuclear missles falling over Metropolis. Everyone died. The end.") But this does cheat the reader, and I'm kinda disappointed. I was aware that TE's had changed during my year of absence, but not to such an extent.

No comment on the TE, but I do look forward to the REAL ending, soon. smile

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Columnist
Columnist
I've just changed the topic for the part, and I'm really sorry if anyone was upset by this. I honestly didn't know that I was supposed to label it that way. In fact, from the talk that I've heard about tank endings, and the description that is on Anne's Place, I thought that it was usual for them not to be labeled.

Again, I'm really sorry if I upset anyone. I assure you that it was completely unintended, and I hope that this will not keep people from reading any stories I might write in the future.

Regretfully,
Anna

K
Blogger
Blogger
K
Anna,
I cannot speak for others but I am enjoying the story and look forward to the real ending. The TE caught me off guard but everyone makes mistakes and no permanent harm done. Keep up the writing, you are doing a great job.

Kelly

Top Banana
Top Banana
Stepping in to clarify something. smile Anna said:

I honestly didn't know that I was supposed to label it that way. In fact, from the talk that I've heard about tank endings, and the description that is on Anne's Place, I thought that it was usual for them not to be labeled.
I remember a discussion last year on the fic list where opinions differed on whether Tank Endings should always be labelled or take the reader by surprise, but no concensus was reached. So while I understand that Tank Endings aren't to everyone's taste, there is indeed no rule forcing authors to label them as they post it.

Posting a TE as the "final" part of a fanfic has been common practice for years. It seems to have become part of the TE tradition to "fool" the reader, as long as the section is very quickly outrageous enough for the reader to understand what it is about (like all traditional TEs). While I'm aware that it won't entirely satisfy readers who really don't enjoy Tank Endings, changing the title of the post to reflect the content after a few hours at most seems to be the only way to tie the two extremes.

I do understand that some readers may be upset by reading something which they thought was a legitimate story instalment, especially if it doesn't become clear relatively soon that the instalment is a TE. But it seems to be very difficult to find a compromise. While I know feelings always run high on this type of issue, I would like to request that all posters remain polite when discussing it, so that if possible we can avoid any more hurt feelings. smile I also suggest that we draw a line under the recriminations here; if necessary, the issue of labels for TEs could be discussed in the Fanfic-Related forum so that they don't hog this comments folder.

Kaethel smile
Fanfic Forum Moderator

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
ROTFL, Anna and Saskia! Well, the surprise element was somewhat lost with the relabelling, goofy but this was still hilarious.

Eager to see the real ending mind you. <g>

And you'll be tacking that TE on to the end of the file when you submit this one to the Archive, won't you? I always think the saddest thing about TEs which are a little more in tune with the story rather than being throwaway fluff is that they are often very well written but get left behind.

More! Now!!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Features Writer
Features Writer
I'm glad this was a TE
I agree -funny and evil
now
where's the RE
merry

Blogger
Blogger
Hi Saskia and Anna!

Oooh myy, you're evil!

I know I'm not supposed to like TE's, cause I'm always in favour of smoochies (Lois and Clark smoochies, thank you very much wink ) But this one really had me LOL... But let me point out again that this was EVIL!! Like a TE is meant to be.

Ok, I'm way behind on my reading, but this TE actually made me want to read the whole REAL thing! So I'll get back to you once I'm done with story...

Thanks for the laugh, ladies!

Laswa dance

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Not happy! mad

MAF razz
PS
Where is the real end? wildguy

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well...I like it, it's a real TE. That means its Evil to the max, Delightfull in the most Sunnydale tradition (or Luthor's way if you wanna stay on the Folc side), that also means you, Saskia, are actually evil and don't even think of denying it!

I really liked it, your writing is becoming better and better, and I don't say that to cheer you up. I'm not that keen with flattering peeps' ego. Your TE is totally unexpected...though I didn't read the rest of Anna's story, but I assume it was a bit like Bob and Carol and Lois and Clark...and the gay ending, well I saw it coming but still, that's nerves!

I also think the main negative critics weren't really aimed at your ending but the fact that it was a TE wasn't made more obvious, but again, I might be wrong.

I also liked the way you killed Lois and Julianna. I always tumble on a good, realistic way to kill Lois in my fanficsĀ£...which is why she always get throuh it (but wait 'til the bitch in me is back!), LOL.

So, no need to worry, your TE is great, and I can't wait to see your vilain pair back in business (but a pair of goodies would also be good, even if they don't succeed in defeating them!) wink

now, will you stop staring at that screen and go back to writing the end of WHALTTA?!!

Carole

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Anna and Saskia

ROTFL!! evil but also hilarious! laugh

I think that the labelling does ruin the surprise element.

I can't wait to read the real ending.
Please post it soon.

Tricia cool

Top Banana
Top Banana
Thank you all for your comments. I'm glad many of you enjoyed the surprise of my TE, that was the goal.

I'm sorry some of you got upset about it. That was not my intention at all. This was my first TE and I'm still a bit new to all of this. So sorry again. But do make sure to read the real ending soon.

Alicia, Tricia and Irene, glad you found it hilarious. That was what I was aiming for. wink

Yes, Labby, I think this will be included for the archive upload. And good you enjoyed this.

Thank you for you comments too, Laswa. So you wanna read more of this fic after reading my TE? What can I say? Do it, you'll have a great time.

Awwwww, thank you Carole. Hearing such a compliment on my writing means a lot to me. blush

and truly evil
funny and evil
But let me point out again that this was EVIL!!
that also means you, Saskia, are actually evil and don't even think of denying it!
I see you are all agreeing on this. I do like to point out that while I wrote this and made it somewhat evil, it's still Anna's fault. laugh She started writing this wonderful fic and kept forgetting to do what is really important, so I did it for her. /me goes into hiding now peep

So thank you all again!!! Over to Anna now with the real ending, which you'll see here soon.

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Awwwww, thank you Carole. Hearing such a compliment on my writing means a lot to me.
What can I say? Lucky for you I was in a good mood! LOL! rotflol

Honestly, you're welcome. What's a BR for?`

Carole

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
R.O.T.F.L
rotflol

What a great TE (and a good RE as well! laugh ), but having their car hit the trunk was fabulous!

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard