Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Merriwether
Merriwether
I did say almost everywhere... wink

http://www.chabad.org/

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Columnist
Columnist
Cool, thanks... This one's been bookmarked too smile

Melisma (going to explore it, here under her Rock)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
B
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
B
Rivka -- I'm firmly planted Stateside for the moment. My sister is ditching town (mutter thinks she needs an ocean to study oceanography mutter complain mutter) but I'm sticking around for a while yet.

Thanks for the offer and the links (you too, Paul). I'm starting German this fall, but I suppose I could do some lanuage stuff over the summer too... (Have I mentioned yet that I'm insane? wink ) I'll let you know when I go for it and then complain to you when it's hard. laugh

Bethy

I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Bethy, you mentioned on IRC that you're sister is headed to CA. Where? (if you don't mind my asking)

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
B
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
B
<sob> Best sister in the world is ditching me. And all because she needs an ocean to do oceanography/marine biology. What, the Great Lakes aren't good enough for her? So what that she wants to work with cetaceans?

Okay, rant over. goofy

Actually, she's going to the San Francisco Bay Area for a little over a year to live with my aunt, work, and establish residency. Then, next fall she'll go down south (probably San Diego, but she doesn't know for sure yet) and finish college. And she leaves tomorrow morning!!!! eek whinging

Bethy (who realized that her sister is her best friend and that she doesn't want her sister to leave for good. Summer vacation is allowed. For good isn't. whinging )

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Wow, lots of things to address here. I'm gonna have to number them to try to keep them organized.

1) Post your stories anywhere you want. Some people post both places, some post only one or the other. It's entirely up to the author.

2) I'd love to read more Spanish fics. My Spanish is not very good, but I'm always looking for fun ways to practice. Sometimes it's really nice if there is an English translation available for those of us who get stuck and need help, or for stories written in languages we can't speak. I really like to look at the other foreign language stories, but English and Spanish are the only two I can comprehend.

3) Bethy, I know you are really sad about your sister, and I'm really sorry. If you want to talk, just let me know. Also, if you want to learn Hebrew, you might want to talk to Sarah. I know she went to Hebrew school when she was younger and still speaks it fairly well. She's tried to teach me occassionally, but it doesn't stick. <G> Also, Paul's suggestion of Hillel is a great one. Many of my friends are in my campus' chapter of Hillel and I know they have some connections to local Hebrew schools, etc.

Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
Merriwether
Merriwether
<hugs> Bethy.

North of me and south of me, huh? We have coastline here too, y'know. wink

- Under the Tuscan Sun
B
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
B
Thanks for the hug and support, Rivka and Annie. I'm happy for my sister because she's excited and she wants to do this. I'm just sad for me.

And, Rivka, I just had a great idea. I'll come visit my sis and then we can come to LA and play. laugh It's funny because my brother's first assignment after he graduated from the Air Force Academy was Edwards AFB, which is north of LA. And now my sis is planning on south of LA. And I still haven't made it to Disneyland! eek

Bethy (who is watching comedies and working on her post count to distract herself. Only four hours until I can go to dance and push my body for the first time in two weeks. That will be distracting, too.)

Merriwether
Merriwether
Cool! Let me know when you work out the details. smile

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Merriwether
Merriwether
/me realizes she'd better think of an on-topic comment...

Um, I don't remember much of my HS Spanish, but I'd be willing to try to read a fic in Spanish.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Originally posted by Shadow:
Which is ironic considering the fact that I recall spanish being spoken quite a lot in my grandmother's house when I was little.
Don't feel bad, Shadow. German was spoken a lot in my grandparents' house when I was growing up, but the only thing I remember is "Oma-ma" and "Opa-pa", which is slang...not even real German!

I took French in high school (only 'cause they didn't offer German) and I really should practice it more. What better way than with LnC fic? laugh

And I'm one of those people who only read these mb, so please don't skimp on the postings here!

Anne >^,,^<

"I only know how to make four things, and this is the only one without chocolate." Lois Lane "All My I've Got a Crush on You 10/24/1993
Merriwether
Merriwether
Found another site that can help with learning the Hebrew alphabet online, here .

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Merriwether
Merriwether
Oooh, and this one! thumbsup

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Columnist
Columnist
Well, I've bookmarked both of these, Rivka. The first one even has a basic course in Judaism, which is more down my alley than learning Hebrew...

Melisma (going back to getting ready for school to start tomorrow, here under her Rock)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard