Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So, the plot thickens.

Loving this story!

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I haven't read a lot of the Terran Underground series (a fault I will have to rectify, I see), so about Blashvor... is he a "good" Jil? The Jilectans all seem to be so "We're superior and the rest of you are all pond scum". Does Blashvor see humans as people? As people who could be partners?

And why do the Jils have these feelings of superiority? I believe in your fics you have established that they are stronger, taller, and more psychically gifted than humans - is that correct?

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
The Jils are from a planet with higher gravity than humans, and are larger, faster and stronger. They are also a little ahead of humans, as they left their planet before humans did. They are also *all* psychics. However, one of the (unstated) reasons that most of them really dislike humans is that the average Terran psychic is generally better than the average Jil psychic. Both groups have their outstanding ones and those that aren't so good, so sometimes a Jil psychic will be the better psychic, but more often the human will be the better one. However, there are a lot more Jil psychics than human ones, because only some humans are psychics, so the Jils have the advantage. And then, of course, you have the ones like Trevor and Mark Linley.

For a more complete explanation, read Slave Race. What you may not have realized is that Trevor is what is called a psychic power pack, a Terran psychic without the "control factor", whose psychic energy can't be sensed, and who is a carrier of the psychic gene. When paired with a functioning psychic (like Jason) whose mind is a perfect complement of his, the psychic can draw power from his power pack and use it to enhance his own. This is covered in much more detail in the other stories.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
I suspect whatever is wrong with Le Frit is not just a case of red mite. I also feel like we've seen Le Frit before.

I'm totally at a loss about where this story is going, but I'm enjoying the ride!

Amber smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"So, if you want to know, I could look."

"Pal, there's going to be millions of memories for you to sift through!"
I would really worry about what Jason would see, if it would be "too much" for him. Trevor has done some tough things as a Patrolman. And what about all the "adult" memories?

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
There is a kind of filter effect -- he's looking for something that happened when Trevor was a little kid, so he wouldn't find the things that happened to him as an older person.

Nan

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Uh-oh. It looks like Jason is making enemies. He's too young to realize that boasting about the mental probe of the Arcturian and the other pirate will only make them resent and fear him. And of course, everybody already hates Trevor, as a Patrolman.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm not so sure, IolantheAlias. If he's nice, they may very well think he's a wuss and walk all over him. They should be used to psychics by now, anyway, since they work for and with psychics.

Tara

Rose: You're NOT keeping the horse!
Doctor Who: I let you keep Mickey, now lets go!
Doctor Who, The Girl in the Fireplace
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
So it seems like Jason and Trevor could do well in Blashvor's service indefinitely. But I can't help but feel like the Underground is still looking for them. I also think they'd be so much better off in the Underground than with pirates! Jason is an impressive psychic - perhaps he and Trevor are a pair on par with Mark and Alan?

Amber smile

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Did you read Slave Race? If you haven't, you probably should. Jason and Trevor show up in that one, too.

Tara

Rose: You're NOT keeping the horse!
Doctor Who: I let you keep Mickey, now lets go!
Doctor Who, The Girl in the Fireplace
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just caught up. Wow, interesting developments.

Would love soon.

James

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes, he is alive, and therefore, still worth money. Dead, he would be worthless."
Lord Blashvor is a very practical man.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, it's nice to get to read eight sections all at once <g> I just caught up. Very interesting. Poor Mark, he's always getting mugged!

Lord Blashvor is indeed an interesting character. Very practical, and willing to change his mind when he encounters new information. And there was a Jack - made me think of the kid from Slave Race, but then again I think that Jack was younger, so maybe it was Fenton. Jason's certainly proving his usefulness, and Trev's doing pretty good, too!

Speaking of Trev, that bit about his mom & sister was interesting -- are we going to find out more about that story? You know, after we go find Trevor's sister Trish. Doesn't matter, really, I'll be reading along happily, regardless.

Thanks for sharing, and I apologize for not commenting in such a long time. Grad school & a full time job sure cut down on fanfic reading time.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Iolanthe, just saw you're new to the Terran universe! I almost envy you, you have so much good stuff to read! James's timeline is the best resource. I admit I like some of the stories better than others, but they're all good.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I know that there is a link to Nan's fic series on the Archive. Is there a link or a timeline for her "Terran Underground" series?

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Yes, there is. Mr. Data took my Terran Underground Timeline and posted it in the Original Fiction TOC, and when I start a new story he supplies a link to the story from the timeline. Just check there and you'll find it.

Nan

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Also, James has the link in his sig file. smile

"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by ChiefPam:
Also, James has the link in his sig file. smile
As you can see here.

Not quite caught up, but, wow the Jil pirate is an unusual Jil! And he seems so close to the power pack concept.

Glad to see more sections posted.

James

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ok, you have totally wowed me. The Jil is going to go look for the sister after all these years. Are you sure he is a Jil?
James

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Blashvor is no fool. Besides, Fenton's sister is a psychic, too, remember. And the next part is up.

Nan

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard