Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
whinging whinging whinging

Rose: You're NOT keeping the horse!
Doctor Who: I let you keep Mickey, now lets go!
Doctor Who, The Girl in the Fireplace
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville

I Do Whatever My Rice Krispies Tell Me To
Pulitzer
Pulitzer

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yay, more Defector!

Tara

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Read this earlier today -- yay! Nice long part this time. I was glad to see Lyn wake up; I was looking forward to her "meeting" Thoroski for the first time. Hee, she bit him. You go, girl! <g>

Laughed when the TU guys realized that Lyn was aboard the Leviathan, but somehow in friendly hands. Of course, Alan's thinking of Greg Smythe, but hey, close enough.

I'm wondering if Dr. Gallagher is going to play a part in this story. Also wondering what they plan to do with Revolthvor.

Good discussion, btw, on why the Jils don't retaliate more.

As always, though, reading this part makes me crave the next part...

PJ
(who should be studying for her Accounting final right now, but somehow isn't)

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Nan Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Dr. Gallagher's conversion comes in another story: Volcano Island. Hopefully I'll get around to it fairly soon.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
That would be nice laugh That one's a good one.

Tara

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sure, Tara, make us all jealous, since you've seen these before... have you ever thought of helping your mom type these up? smile

PJ

"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Nan Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Tara has two small kids and one on the way. She probably has no more time than I do <g>

Actually, she *did* type up some of the stories onto the computer for me. She did that monster, "Slave Race" before she was married, so all I had to do was edit it, as well as several others. She's promised to scan some of the other typed ones for me, as a reader has offered to convert any that are readable into Word format for me. As soon as I can get them out of storage, I'm going to take them over to her and have her do it for me. We have them in the storage units because of the danger of wildfires here. Some of those stories have no duplicates anywhere, so we didn't want to risk them getting burned up.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, if there's anything I can do to help, let me know, because I'd be happy to. Mail me some photocopies? smile I'm not otherwise employed these days...

PJ

"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
You wouldn't believe how long it took me to type Slave Race up, lol! I'm not that slow at typing, either. I'm not the fastest, but I'm not too slow--about 70wpm or so. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of time to sit here and type like I used to. I have a 5 year old son and a 3 year old daughter and one on the way, like Mom said. It keeps life interesting.

I'm going to take the scanner over to Mom's later today to scan one story that there's only one copy of to for someone to try to convert it to text. With any luck, that'll work well and Mom'll be able to start editing it and posting it soon laugh It's one I haven't seen, only heard about, so that should be interesting.

Tara

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yay! Part 12 is up!

smile1

Can't wait until Parks gets what he deserves.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
3...2...1... Contact! Parks is like a bad penny, but this time he's not getting away unscathed, if at all... I'll just bet Sven was glad to see Kev. But not as glad as Lyn was to see Mark, I'll betcha! I was hoping that was them when the patrolmen showed up smile smile smile Poor Sven, thinking he'd failed... but luckily for us, that mistaken impression didn't last long.

More, more, more! smile (whenever you can manage it, anyway)

PJ

"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
evil It's always good for the bad guy to get what he deserves.

Bye bye, Parks, the world will not miss you.

More, soon!

Tara

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
And I'm now very curious as to what Smythe said to Lyn during that silent moment, before she said she didn't know him. It looked like she recognized him. And then I remember that nobody but Smythe's boss knows what his real name is, and... anyway, I'm all curious.

PJ

"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
"'Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Revolthvor's in the trunk,
We wish it was you.

Love,

Mark, Kev and Ron.'"
rotflol

Janine

I Do Whatever My Rice Krispies Tell Me To
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That poem had me rolling, too. goofy

But then I'm sad that it's over. mecry

Seemed kind of rushed, though. Not that I wanted gratuitous details of Parks' demise, but as it was I had to re-read to figure out that the corpse at the end was him... oh, well. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Looking forward to the next story... kind of like how a crack addict wants the next hit...

PJ

"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
James here.

Sorry for not keeping up on the FDK, but I am only getting on the boards about once a month. Too many other things to do, like finding work.

Glad to see that there is justice in the your universe, Nan.

BTW, I have one complaint to vent. Having read your stories, it has forever changed my thought processes whenever I say the phrase 'Hey baby.' to Elisabeth as a term of endearment. The second it comes out of my mouth, I think of Mark Linley in particular and Shallock in general. Had to share that with you.

James

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I'm slow, but eventually made it to the game. I wanted to let you know how clearly that you wrote this. I don't remember much about Parks or anything about Dooley, and yet you so clearly re-introduced the characters that it didn't matter. You also did it in such a way that it didn't seem redundant in the parts that I did remember.

Thanks for continuing to play in this world.

Elisabeth

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard