Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#138437 10/26/05 06:27 AM
lynnm Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
...to participate in National Novel Writing Month !

For those of you who've never heard of NaNoWriMo, the theory goes that most writer-wannabes fall down in their efforts because they can't manage to ever finish what they start. As they are writing, their internal editor does such a magnificent job in convincing them that the stuff on the page is pure garbage that they give up and go home. Thus they end up with drawers and boxes full of partially finished manuscripts and story ideas that never made it past one or two chapters.

The goal of NaNoWriMo, then, is to force writers to finish. It's all about the Quantity. Quality doesn't mean anything. From November 1 through November 30, you are encouraged to put 50,000 words on paper, even if every other one of those words is utter garbage.

Because you can't edit a blank page.

Anyway, check out the website for more details.

Meanwhile, a couple of us have already signed up to participate. We're going to be coming back to this place on a regular basis to report our progress and cheer each other on. Anyone out there who is interest, please join us on our Grand Writing Adventure!
party

And good luck.
wink
Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
ooh, good luck, Lynn! I don't think I'll be signing on (I'll just apply the same technique to WIPs goofy ), but it's a great idea, nonetheless.

Let us know how it goes!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard