#138077 12/13/04 09:07 PM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
For the last few weeks, I've been thinking about sharing some of my poems here. I've hesitated for several reasons, but finally some friends on IRC convinced me that I should just go ahead and do it. We even had an impromptu poetry reading in the channel and decided that others should be encouraged to post as well.

So, I'd like to propose a poetry reading of sorts here in the Orignial Fiction folder. A few suggestions to keep it uniform:

Subject headings should read "Poem: Title of Your Poem"

Feedback should be given as a reply to the original post. This way the poems are easier to keep track of.

Everyone is encouraged to participate! thumbsup

There are no rules as far as subject matter (other than those of the MBs, of course laugh ), so it doesn't matter if your poem is about love or death or rugby. wink

I was always taught that there are no rules when it comes to real poetry. Your poem need not rhyme, be in verse, or any certain structure. If you feel it's a poem, it's a poem.

Remember: Poetry is a way of expressing one's emotions. If something moved you or evoked any sort of emotion, you should let the author know. If you relate to what the author is conveying, but are hesitant to share your feelings/experience on the boards, email the author. smile

Sara (who's hoping that this will encourage a certain someone to post hers as well wink )

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#138078 12/13/04 10:24 PM
S
Blogger
Blogger
S
I love the Idea, I know I'm new but will share what I have. I only write my poetry out of heartbreak so its all pretty dark (even if vieled) unless its cheesey (happy seems to come out that way with my poetry) I'm game, and I guess I'll go ahead, take a breath and post .

#138079 12/14/04 05:33 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
sounds cool... i wanna participate

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
#138080 12/14/04 01:59 PM
K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
K
Okay, I posted <g>. Only suggestion I have is that maybe someone should put together a poetry TOC? Just a list of all the poems and links? The problem with that,of course, is that either one person has to do it all (and edit the post) or there'll be a lot of additions to it. I don't mind setting it up, unless someone else wants to? Sara?

Kaylle

#138081 12/14/04 09:20 PM
K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Good idea, Kaylle. If you don't mind keeping up a TOC, that would be great. Though if you don't have time, or don't really want to do it, I wouldn't mind a bit. smile

Sara goofy

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

#138082 12/15/04 08:00 PM
K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
I already started it Kaylle. laugh

Sara

#138083 12/16/04 10:08 AM
K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
K
Thanks, Sara smile I was traveling yesterday and didn't have time to get to it, so I'm glad it's taken care of.

Kaylle
smile

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard