Next Thread
Print Thread
daneel Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Interesting premise!! thumbsup

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
hyper
YES!!!! More Terran Underground!!!!

I'll leave more comments when I actually read this one, but I KNOW I will not be disappointed.

All hail Nan !!!

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
off to a good start... looking forward to more smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Nan, I just spent the last 6 days getting caught up on all the Terran Underground fic you've posted here, which Is why I haven't gotten my own writing done.

This is really great. You should be looking for a publisher for this series. I haven't read this part of the Crystal Demon yet because I don't know if I can handle the time between parts after getting accustomed to just flipping to the next page for all the others. But I'll start giving you feedback on this one.

A few things: I really would like a timeline for all the parts you've posted, if you have one available. I noticed that James was asking you for copies of the completed stories, and I wondered if I could get them, too, please. And, finally, I need to know if you have written stories about some of the incidents mentioned as backstory: how Mark and Alan got together, how Mark and Julia got together, how Alan and Lyn got together, and how Alan rescued Mark and found Kevin. These were key moments in the characters' lives, and I hope you didn't just pass them off as backstory. Even if the stories are going to require a lot of revision, that's okay. I'd just like to know if they were written or not.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Hi Sheila,

Try emailing James for the timeline. I have it but it's all handwritten and it's pretty extensive. He's putting one together as we go.

I'll be glad to email you the stories that have been posted.

And yes, almost all of the incidents in the backstory are stories themselves. A very few exist only as plots that were never turned into stories, but there are only a couple of those. Mark and Alan's meeting is a story (Mercenary) but does require some revision. Ditto Mark and Julia, (Giant Killer) and the story where they met Kevin, which is called "Brother's Keeper". Alan's meeting with Lyn occurs in "The Crystal Demon", and happens a few chapters down the line <g>. There are also a lot of others which will be along in due time.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Nan:
Try emailing James for the timeline. I have it but it's all handwritten and it's pretty extensive. He's putting one together as we go.

Thanks to Nan and a little effort from me, we now have the Official Timeline for Nan Smith\'s & Linda Garrick\'s Terran Underground

As you can see, there is plenty more where this one comes from. Which means that we have several years worth of reading from Mrs. Smith.

At this time I would like to re-interate my request that Nan publish these stories once she has let us read them. (What! Why are you looking at me that way? Did you think I was a complete idiot?? No, don't answer that.)

I think she and Linda could make a pretty penny off of these stories. At least submit them to a sci fi magazine!

James, Offical Nan Smith Fic-o-phile

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Thank you, Nan, and you, too, James. Wow, Nan! You have a lot of stories that aren't posted yet. I'm so pleased! hyper

Ah, I recognize the orange-sized pearl thing from the story with the centaur, wasn't it? So I have an inkling of what Mark and Alan are up against. Go Armageddon team 1!

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard