Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, I not only giggled throughout, I also nodded sagely and understandingly. Thirty four sucks and oh how nice he looks in his beautiful twenty seven, so I see how she's making changes and maybe a bit jealous about who gets this scene with him. Wow again!

She gets to manipulate his emotions and behavior to her whim! Or rather her muse's whim (yeah, blame the muse) Oh rapture!

I want a Leo of my own.

TEEEEEEJ

Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, superb, CC!

I also giggled through this entire scene. But even though it was so very amusing, it was also incredible poignant. Because somehow, beneath the humor, you've managed to capture that moment when a woman kind of stops viewing herself as young. For the first time she finds herself attracted to a man who is actually "far" younger than she is - and I mean, someone who she might view as almost in a different generation. Not that 27 and 34 are so far apart or are in different generations...I'm bungling what I'm trying to say.

OK - put it this way - for a very long while, the song "Stacy's Mom" was really making me smile and also sending a little twinge to my heart. It sucks to start getting older and to finally realize that. And you've captured those tiny little things people do - going on a shopping spree, feeling jealous of the younger actress - that we do instinctively to ward off that incredible sadness. We fight it, as Carry is doing here.

But this is not heavy - it's light and fun and very well rounded. Love it!

Keep it coming,
Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hilarious, but sad too. I know exactly how she feels since I happen to be standing here at 30 something wink and every day little things make me realize that I'm not a kid anymore.

Buying herself new clothes, new lingerie, putting on more makeup and combing her hair over the old lady wrinkle..aww

Great CC, just great! thumbsup

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
E
Columnist
Columnist
E
This is good so far. I like the way you're developing the characters.

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, I've never experienced life as a 30-something woman, but I'm definitely enjoying reading about it. laugh

You've done a great job characterizing Carrey and bringing her to life. It's been fun watching her so far. I just wish there was more to see. Part 1 was a decent size, but part 2 was pretty short.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of this, when it's ready.

I'm not quite sure what to say about the other characters. The story so far is Carrey's. Rachel is, as yet, a more or less incidental player. Leo, at this point, is basically a 2-dimensional screen onto which Carrey is projecting. That works, if the point here is to watch Carrey, but it might also be interesting to learn more about the others. It could be entertaining to watch Carrey as Leo becomes more developed, perhaps not quite matching up to her expectations. OTOH, it could be just as fun to leave Leo as he is and to watch Carrey trip over herself.

I'm interested to see which direction you choose, but I'm pretty sure I'll be happy either way. smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I wasn't paying attention, and you nice people have been reading and commenting in Original Fic!

Thank you, all of you, for even bothering. And, too, for your good words. Such a nice push to keep going.

I'm *supposed* to be writing an actual play for my local little theater, it's due in September. I promised it ages ago when September felt far away. Now that it's August, I've been frantically searching the attic for Timmy-- I mean, *my* muse. (Sorry, Paul, but if you can spare Timmy, I need him.)

And instead of the play that has been suggested rather strongly, this is what keeps popping up. I have hopes that if I get it down, I'll exorcise it, and then get back to our regularly scheduled premise.

Thank you so much TeeJ, Lynn, Liz, Emily, and Paul. I can't tell you how glad I am that you took the time.

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I hope you notice this reply, CC.

I meant to read that earlier, but... well, didn't. I did now, and WOW!

I love it, and I really hope we'll get to see more from Carrey and Leo!

See ya,
AnnaBtG. (I know you're busy, but can I nag anyway?)

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any more of this coming CC?

You got the Epilogue in for TLGLL, so we're hoping for more of Leo now.

How does that go? Ummm...nag nag nag wildguy

TEEEEJ

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still hoping to hear more about Leo. You're keeping him to yourself there? wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy

TEEEEJ wildguy

Top Banana
Top Banana
Are you doing that weird mind-reading thing, TEEEJ??

Just yesterday I took down parts one and two. I'm using Enter Leo in National Novel Writing Month, or NaNoWrMo to us Wrimos.

Idea being- write 50,000 words, or 175 pages, starting November 1st, finishing midnight the 30th. The kamikaze approach to writing.

So, I've taken Leo and expanded on him, hoping he'll turn himself into a novel.

Thank you for asking, though, TEEJ. I really, really appreciate it.

And Anna, a belated thank you for your comment!

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you're saying the only way we're gonna see more of him is when you've published him?...arrrrrgh!!! If that's what you mean...I mean.

So if you do get published, all your encouraging fans here on the messageboard get free signed copies right? laugh

TEEEEEEEEJ

wallbash

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard