Print Thread
B
Bethy Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
B
Emily,

These are some great glimpes into very intriguing fantasy worlds. Now...more? laugh

I know you said that these are flash fiction, but in everything I've heard about flash fiction, it's still supposed to have a plot. Granted, in the ones I've read, the plots have been...um...weird/hidden/strange/odd/absolutly insane... But I don't know that these really fit into the flash category. Great imagery, great word pictures, but not a 'story,' per se. You know what I mean?

Maybe 'prose poem'? (I know, it seems like a contradiction in terms, but I've heard of them.)

On the other hand, should you choose to put them into a longer story, I certainly won't complain. wink

Bethy

I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it.
E
Columnist
Columnist
E
Thanks for reading. Maybe you're right and they are more poetic. I have written a ton of dragon poems also. In any case, those writing exercises turned out to be too good to just let them sit on the oblivion that is my hard drive. Thanks for the feedback. smile

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2
B
Bethy Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
B
Emily,

You're welcome and I agree. They are definitely too good to leave on your hard drive, no matter what category they technically fall into. Are you going to post the poems, too?

Bethy (who has been spending the past week packing up her dorm room and taking finals and helping her sister pack to move to CA, so now she finally has time to get caught up on the longer stories)

I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it.
E
Columnist
Columnist
E
I may post some of the poems.

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard