Print Thread
E
EmilyH Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
E
Feedback is welcome.

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Interesting little piece, Emily. I didn't get the catch to keep up with the dragon fic you posted last time around, but from what I was able to skim I was intrigued by your dragons who could change shape.

I can't claim to have read all dragon fiction out there, naturally, but I can't recall reading anything in the 'professional' world with that premise, so I found it very original.

Have to confess here that I'm an absolute sucker for this kind of thing - dragons, unicorns, and so on. So hoping to catch up with the rest of your dragon stories here soon and learn more about your fascinating characters. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
E
EmilyH Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
E
Thanks. If you liked these characters, you can find more stories featuring them on my web site. I can't technically post those stories here since they're Forever Knight fan fiction. Otherwise I'd be happy to. smile

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks for the tip, Emily. I've added the site to my favs and I'll certainly be checking it out ASAP.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
B
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
B
Emily,

Have you ever thought of expanding with this dragon premise and original characters? I think the blend of the stark reality of WWII and the fantasy of dragons (especially shape changing dragons -- way cool idea!) would be fascinating.

As for this fic, I liked the premise, but wanted more. How did she get the pictures? Why is she intent on 'outing' the dragons? Will she ever remember the pics? (I find it hard to believe she doesn't have negatives stashed somewhere.) Personally, I want this to be a prologue, then go on to see how the dragons/people win her over so she doesn't splash their secrets all over the front page, with flashbacks of how she found out about them in the first place. laugh I know, my demands are few. wink

Bethy

I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard