Next Thread
Print Thread
LabRat Offline OP
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nice set up, Nan, and nice to see us into the action right from the get go. Was rather hoping (nay expecting <g>) that Loreen was about to be given an education regarding Cecil and that Cecil would be about to hit the street with a Loreen-shaped shoeprint on his butt. So thanks for that one. laugh

I was a little confused by Cory's motives and reactions during the conversation in the car. He seemed to be set up as sympathetic to Loreen. So I was confused as to why he spent so much time telling her so many details about Cecil designed to upset her. Or why he was telling her at all, if you see what I mean. If it had been because he was one of the mean ones and wanted to upset her that would have seemed natural.

But, instead, he seemed to be acting as though he were better acquainted with her than he was and I couldn't see any clear reason why he felt the need to illuminate her on these topics in the middle of a robbery/car chase. It's not as though they are friends or that he would care one way or the other what she did with her life.

Or was that part of the point? That he feels he knows her well although they are strangers because that is just part and parcel of being able to read people's minds? A natural (or unnatural I guess) closeness. And that because he was sympathic (empathic) to her to a degree he wouldn't normally be if he wasn't inside her mind, he wanted to try and help her by making her face up to the truth as though he was a close friend?

Anyway, that was just something that occurred to me and it wasn't that important. I really enjoyed this first segment, Nan, and I'm looking forward to the rest. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Nan,

I really liked the introduction, it was concise, let us know who and what and where and why. Perfect. And the scene in the car was a heck of a lot clearer, less hogepoged...again I love this fic and I can't wait to see what you have editted with the rest. smile

Marns
~pobody's nerfect
E
Columnist
Columnist
E
Well written. I'm enjoying this so far. Your premise reminds me a bit of Marian Zimmer Bradley's stories about Darkover. I like it. Keep writing. smile

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ok, I finally was able to finish the first installment.

notworthy WoW! notworthy WoW! notworthy !!!!

This is as good as everyone was raving about....Maybe posting once a day will be alright. notworthy

The intro was a huge help. I was alittle confused at the dates but then I realized that the story is taking place in the Intro's past.

Nice little hints that Loreen may be gifted as well. I'm sure that I will not be disappointed. wink

James, who will wait very patiently for the next installment. No begging here. I know that you have a finished story and so know there is no need to nag. laugh

notworthy notworthy

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard