Next Thread
Print Thread
#137177 03/07/14 03:27 AM
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Camouflage is the use of any combination of materials, coloration or illumination for concealment, either by making animals or objects hard to see or by disguising them as something else.
During his travels Clark kept moving on whenever he did something super.
In at least one fanfic Clark's cover was blown because of a lack of travel records.

Suppose Clark believed being caught doing something super was inevitable and began a program of Camouflaging his abilities.

For example as discussed in another challenge using an ultralight to provide an explanation for his mode of travel.

Or covering up his heat vision by using a Stargate prop, the Goa\'uld palm weapon AKA Ribbon Device

Framework4
#137178 03/07/14 05:59 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So, you mean, Clark should have Jonathan and Martha create him some strange looking "tools" to mask the fact that he does this things on his own?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#137179 03/07/14 07:28 PM
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
I wasn't thinking of Martha and Jonathan, but if your are, go with it.

I was simply thinking in terms of letting people believe what seems more reasonable.

In a never finished Fic I have Clark, who is not then superman flying a pilot to a plane when hijackers have killed the pilots. Lois Lane and some others have taken back the plane but can't land it.

Clark garbbed in a head covering helmet,and a flightsuit with what appears to be a huge backpack with some odd metal tubes flies the pilot, a reserve Air Force pilot who flies commercial passenger jets, to the hijacked jet in flight. The reservist believes the backpack to be classified gear that allows them to fly.

Likewise if someone sees Clark using his heat vision while holding up a hand with a glowing Goa'uld Ribbon Device, at the object he is using heat vision on, well most people would think it was the tech, not a guy shooting beams out of his eyes. And if his eyes turn flame red, well in Stargate a Goa'uld's eyes often turn flame red.

Or if Clark is wearing a box on his belt that clauses a glowing aura around his body and someone sees bullets bounce off, most people would focus on the box, not assume the human looking man was an invulnerable alien.

Going back to the ultralight aircraft. Having one and being seen to arrive using one and passing through customs even if he really flew on his own would create a believable paper trail. Which would most people believe that someone kept poor records or that a man could fly on his own?

"Man Of Steel" raised the question; "Is the world ready to accept a super-powered alien?" Assuming a Clark who does not think they are ready, who is hiding, as Clark did before meeting Lois in Metropolis, as the MofS Clark did until being outed on TV, camouflage makes sense.

Framework4
#137180 03/07/14 08:53 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
That could be an interesting twist, allowing Clark not to have to develop an other identity-persona. The only problem, though, would be the criminals who steal his stuff and wonder why it doesn't work (biometrics could be a good explanation by Clark). I could also see the criminals kidnapping Clark and taking away his 'tools' and still trying to shoot him, etc., which might leak his secret.

It also doesn't stop people from using Clark's friends and family as hostages against him. Also, the police might want to confiscate or examine his 'tools' because they would be considered unlicensed weapons.

It might work for a while though.

Wouldn't it be interesting twist, if Alt-Clark was doing this when Canon Lois gets dropped off during Tempus, Anyone? So, Lana doesn't really know that Clark is from Krypton, just that he has these funky 'tools' she's trying to get him to stop using.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#137181 03/08/14 05:30 AM
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
I could also see the criminals kidnapping Clark and
True, but the whole point of the camouflage is a third layer of defense, his first plan is to not be seen, third is to not be recognized.

Wouldn't it be interesting twist, if Alt-Clark was doing this when Canon Lois gets dropped off during Tempus, Anyone? So, Lana doesn't really know that Clark is from Krypton, just that he has these funky 'tools' she's trying to get him to stop using.
Or maybe she knows and is the one getting him to use these tools.

Lana: "My father always taught me to plan for the worst and hope for the best. If I can't get you to stop using your powers let's at least confuse anyone who sees you using them"

Tempus's attempt to force Clark into the open won't work if all the TV audience sees is a man using classified tech right out of a movie.

the police might want to confiscate or examine his 'tools' because they would be considered unlicensed weapons
Unless it "self destructs" with a little help from heat vision.

Framework4

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard