Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Since many of you (at least those of you who have cable -- grumble NBC's monopoly -- or living outside of the USA) are watching the Olympics, you might want to give yourself an extra excuse for procrastinating on your latest story. You're coming up with a new plot bunny for your next LnC Story!

Lois and Clark can leave Metropolis and cover the Olympics as the writing team Lane and Kent from the DP in another country, or the Olympics can come to Metropolis. On the other hand, maybe Lois and Clark MEET while covering some event at the Olympics.

What kind of crime do they uncover? Is it murder? Is it drugs? Is it score manipulation? Or is it more underhanded than that? What if RAFS happened during the Olympics? Or does Lois see crime where none exists, just trying to make things more interesting, and Clark has to keep pointing this out to her?

I can picture a whole series of stories, covering both Winter and Summer Olympics. It would be fun to see Lois and Clark out of their normal element.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I can't see Lois willingly covering sports, but if the housing conditions were as bad as they are in Sochi, I can see her being ALL over that! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
I can't see Lois willingly covering sports, but if the housing conditions were as bad as they are in Sochi, I can see her being ALL over that! laugh
Not to mention the yellow water. eek

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Annie B.:
[b] I can't see Lois willingly covering sports, but if the housing conditions were as bad as they are in Sochi, I can see her being ALL over that! laugh
Not to mention the yellow water. eek [/b]
That too! spider

Though I can see Lois almost falling down one of the open elevator shafts and requiring some Super help! wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
My assumptions were that Lois didn't CHOOSE this assignment, it was given to her because either she had to fill in or... hee-hee, Clark thought it might be fun and volunteered them, thinking she'd approve. evil

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b] I can't see Lois willingly covering sports, but if the housing conditions were as bad as they are in Sochi, I can see her being ALL over that! laugh
My assumptions were that Lois didn't CHOOSE this assignment, it was given to her because either she had to fill in or... hee-hee, Clark thought it might be fun and volunteered them, thinking she'd approve. evil [/b]
If they were already partners, sure, I could see Clark doing that. But if we make it into a "Lois and Clark meet for the first time while working for different papers" sort of fic... devil

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I wrote:
My assumptions were that Lois didn't CHOOSE this assignment, it was given to her because either she had to fill in or... hee-hee, Clark thought it might be fun and volunteered them, thinking she'd approve. evil
If they were already partners, sure, I could see Clark doing that. But if we make it into a "Lois and Clark meet for the first time while working for different papers" sort of fic... devil
It would work if the Olympics were in Metropolis and Clark was covering it for another paper, and Perry was forcing EVERYONE on the staff to do their fair share of Olympic reporting. Although, I could see Lois try to stand up for the little guy, non-Olympics stories out there. Perry would nod his head and send her out to the Lex Luthor Stadium anyway. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I wrote:
[b] My assumptions were that Lois didn't CHOOSE this assignment, it was given to her because either she had to fill in or... hee-hee, Clark thought it might be fun and volunteered them, thinking she'd approve. evil
It would work if the Olympics were in Metropolis and Clark was covering it for another paper, and Perry was forcing EVERYONE on the staff to do their fair share of Olympic reporting. Although, I could see Lois try to stand up for the little guy, non-Olympics stories out there. Perry would nod his head and send her out to the Lex Luthor Stadium anyway. laugh [/b]
Wait...boxing is one of the sports, is it not? (I hate sports and know next to nothing about the Olympics, other than they are invading the broadcast stations.) So maybe it IS being held somewhere else, but one of Sam Lane's/Menkin's Gym fighters is a part of it. Perry sends Lois over to use her connection to get exclusive interviews. She meets Clark Kent, reporter for the Rome Gazette or something.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wait...boxing is one of the sports, is it not? (I hate sports and know next to nothing about the Olympics, other than they are invading the broadcast stations.) So maybe it IS being held somewhere else, but one of Sam Lane's/Menkin's Gym fighters is a part of it. Perry sends Lois over to use her connection to get exclusive interviews. She meets Clark Kent, reporter for the Rome Gazette or something.
laugh Works for me.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Another thought for a completely AU story...

What if Clark was one of the athletes Lois had to interview? (Of course, it could be his last competition before retiring to follow his other passion - journalism.)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Interesting thread! Your last thought, DC, sounds really intriguing smile ....love a good AU story!

Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Another thought for a completely AU story...

What if Clark was one of the athletes Lois had to interview? (Of course, it could be his last competition before retiring to follow his other passion - journalism.)
Well, that doesn't seem all that ethical. I can't see Clark doing that. What if Lois entered in the Judo category (summer Olympics) and Clark interviewed her?

Unless, of course, that Clark only entered the competition to go undercover to unearth a doping (or cyborg) scandal and never would allow himself to place in the top three. It's possible that Clark is already a reporter when he becomes an Olympian.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
[b] Another thought for a completely AU story...

Well, that doesn't seem all that ethical. I can't see Clark doing that. What if Lois entered in the Judo category (summer Olympics) and Clark interviewed her?

Unless, of course, that Clark only entered the competition to go undercover to unearth a doping (or cyborg) scandal and never would allow himself to place in the top three. It's possible that Clark is already a reporter when he becomes an Olympian. [/b]
True, but he was a school athlete. (I presume he went to college on a football scholarship.) If he was a downhill skier or something and didn't use his powers, I don't see too much of an issue.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Top Banana
Top Banana
Here is a semi-comprehensive glossary of Sochi problems.

I could see a pair of investigative reporters finding plenty of corruption to report upon here. I could also see Clark breaking through the door like one athlete did. And there would be plenty of opportunities for Lois to need a super rescue. rotflol

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Since Clark was a High School AND College athlete its safe to assume he could be an Olympian as long as he did not use his powers to his advantage.

Especially if this was going to be his last competition before becoming a journalist.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
D
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
D
I stumbled upon this thread and decided to add my two cents.

Since season one was airing during the 1994 winter Olympics, (and the Nancy/Tonya debacle) what if LnC were covering the games because of the "Wack heard around the world".

Not all those who wander are lost.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
My favorite line from the glossary:

Favorite line of the week from the young Sochi volunteer on the bus: "We don't have problems in Russia, we have adventures."

Paul Springer

Think of me what you will - I was one of the many who did not follow the 2021 Olympic games.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Terry, I’m with you. My only interest in the Olympics was as a possible superspreader event.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Terry, I’m with you. My only interest in the Olympics was as a possible superspreader event.

This, exactly.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard