Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
This is the Extra Credit challenge for the 2014 Monthly Challenge (and Bizarro) Challenges .

Somebody wants to get married, but there's a hangup: according to some obscure law or inconvenient accident, they're already married to someone else!

Maybe Lois wants to marry Clark, only to be already married to Lex/Dan...or vice versa.

Maybe Clark wants to marry Lana/Mayson, but finds himself somehow hitched to Lois...or the other way around.

How do they deal with these obstacles? Will Love win out? Will Metropolis still be standing once everything is finally settled? evil

~•~
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Sounds like Zara to me...

Joy,
Lynn

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
While these are Lois and Clark already married, I know there's at least two that kind of go that way with Season One (with regards to the Honeymoon suite scene being the "marriage-maker.")

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Christina:
While these are Lois and Clark already married, I know there's at least two that kind of go that way with Season One (with regards to the Honeymoon suite scene being the "marriage-maker.")
True, but what if you went a different route. Lois is on the verge of walking down the aisle and discovers she's actually legally married both to Clark *and* Jimmy! hyper How about Lois married Superman before he flies off to battle Nightfall, only to have him never return. whinging After a year of mourning, she realizes that she's in love with Clark Kent (amnesia victim extraordinaire) and they want to get married. Only without a body, Lois and Clark can't legally get married until Superman's been "dead" for six years. Now, there's a dilemma.

Take your list of people from Queenie's Fun Challenge of Awesomeness! and randomly choose three numbers. Now, you have your new triangle.

Have fun! evil

Another thought: Many people (myself included) have tied Dan with Mayson. What if instead, Dan fell in love with Lana Lang, only to find out she hadn't properly divorced Clark Kent? That would be a fun conversation for Lois to overhear. laugh

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
How about Lois married Superman before he flies off to battle Nightfall, only to have him never return. whinging After a year of mourning, she realizes that she's in love with Clark Kent (amnesia victim extraordinaire) and they want to get married. Only without a body, Lois and Clark can't legally get married until Superman's been "dead" for six years. Now, there's a dilemma.
Awesome idea. I'd love to read that story.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Clark could have done something during his travels that made him legally married. He may not even realize that he did. Or did it to protect someone and thought that he had had it annulled or gotten a divorce and that hadn't actually happened.

To make it really twisted have it be in the Congo and it was Lois and him both undercover and in disguise so they don't know it is each other.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by dcarson:
Clark could have done something during his travels that made him legally married. He may not even realize that he did. Or did it to protect someone and thought that he had had it annulled or gotten a divorce and that hadn't actually happened.

To make it really twisted have it be in the Congo and it was Lois and him both undercover and in disguise so they don't know it is each other.
Or maybe they got married during the whole PLM thing. Perhaps Clark was exposed to some red K which made him drunk. And maybe Lois actually was drunk. Neither remember getting married until they are filing for their marriage license around the time of TA.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Virginia wrote:
Lois is on the verge of walking down the aisle and discovers she's actually legally married both to Clark *and* Jimmy! Too many undercover assignments for that brunette reporter.
And then she's in trouble with polyandry charges. wink

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by dcarson:

I would SO read that, especially if it's Lois to Clark. Maybe Clark comes up with Superman in the Congo and ends up married to Lois's "alter ego." When Clark finds Lois again he's stunned to find it's someone VERY familiar. Too bad Lois is miffed with his alter ego for flying out on her.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Kerth
Kerth
This challenge so reminds me of Carol M's epic story On the Other Hand , where Clark desperately wants to marry Lana, but gets stuck with Lois. wink

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So many of these stories sound like fun. I could certainly see a young Clark and Lana running off to elope only to have their parents disapprove. But the marriage occurred first then they think it was annulled but it wasn't.

I, too, like the Congo idea. Cute.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Make that a 'ditto'--love both the Congo idea, and also the Nightfall idea...both sound like potential great stories! clap

Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Lois spent time in Ireland in high school "When Irish Eyes are Killing" IIRC. A short ferry ride away is Scotland where you can marry at 16 without parental permission.

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I thought Lois's time in Ireland was part of a college study abroad.

Both the Congo story and the Nightfall one sound interesting. I guess I have to admit what I like most is Lois and Clark already being married to eachother.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Updating with link to Monthly Challenge thread.

Link to Queenie's Fun Challenge of Awesomeness

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/05/14 06:53 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard