Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#136836 10/24/13 09:07 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What threads did the Lois and Clark: NAoS show leave dangling? And how many of them were there?

1. What happened to Cat?

2. What happened to Jack?

3. Where did that baby come from?

4. If Martha and Jonathan were heading to Italy for their anniversary at the end of S2, why were they back in Kansas when Clark calls them for advice about his rejected proposal / botched revelation at the beginning of S3?

5.(a) Why did Perry hire Ralph?*
5.(b) Why did Perry hire Wally?*
and not Clark?

6. Was S1 Jimmy supposed to be the same person as S2-4 Jimmy?

etc, etc, etc.

Extra bonus challenge: Write a story tying up one of these loose threads? /even if the topic has been addressed before/

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#136837 10/24/13 09:32 AM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
7. Did Alt. Clark ever find his Alt. Lois??? Oh to have a 5th season with an episode about that!!! shock I have always wished that loose end was tied up... "My boy--I never say impossible" (so much of a possibility there--and any way to get ANY version of Lois and Clark together is great by me blush )

*having a brain fog--who was Wally again? Thanks...

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
#136838 10/24/13 09:36 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by LMA:
<strong> 7. Did Alt. Clark ever find his Alt. Lois??? Oh to have a 5th season with an episode about that!!! clap

8. Did Lana show up to CLois and Clark's wedding reception (ARGH-Arc)? And if so, what happened?

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#136839 10/24/13 09:38 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by LMA:
*having a brain fog--who was Wally again? Thanks...
[Linked Image] In S2's Individual Responsibility, he came to Jimmy (acting editor while Perry was abducted) with a call-girl and mayor story without verification. He actually only shows up in that one episode.

VirginiaR.
---
#136840 10/24/13 09:42 AM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ahhhh--Wally! Thank you, that would have driven me a little bonkers wallbash

Would love to see Lana and the wedding invite unfold in the show.

9. How much time (years) did Clark actually loose in BY? He gave some of his 'time' to Jimmy, but we don't know how his life span will compare to Lois'...Always walk away from that ep thinking "Hmmmm?"

#136841 10/24/13 10:47 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
10. Were The Invisible Man and Resplendent Man twins? The same person? Alternate universe counterparts who somehow managed to inhabit the same plane of existence?

11. If Kal-El was married to Zara at birth, why did the ship full of important people (Zara, Elders, etc) leave him behind when they were looking for a new planet to live on and Krypton was exploding?

12. Are Lois and Clark telepathically linked? Lois wakes up Clark when he's in the coma in HIWTHI somehow with her mind. And Clark knows Lois is thinking about him when he's en route to NK.

13. Did Star ever figure out CK=S? After all, he DID call himself Kal-El when under hypnosis, before Superman ever made his name known.

14. Did Perry every figure out CK=S? Some things he says suggest that he did. Other times, not so much.

15. Did Jack ever figure out CK=S? By the time Fly Hard was over, there were hints that maybe he did, or at least suspected.

16. If Tempus claims that he has no mechanical knowledge, how the heck did he escape Smallville 1866? Clearly, if he couldn't run the time machine, he couldn't have built one.

17. Exactly how much Kryptonite is out there? It seems like every Tom, Dick, and Harry could get a hold of one if they wanted it.

18. How did Mindy Church get her hands on Clark's ship?

19. Was Mindy ever caught as the head of Intergang?

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#136842 10/24/13 11:05 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
20. What did H.G. Wells do with that spare time machine (the one that Superman built when he went back in time in Tempus Fugitive)? How could he fly one machine somewhere and leave it and go back for the other one (without one of those window time machines that Tempus had in S4)?

21. What did Sam Lane, MD mean when he said "No. No, that's not right" before losing his memory in the final episode?

VirginiaR.
---
#136843 10/24/13 11:20 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Extra bonus challenge: Write a story tying up one of these loose threads? /even if the topic has been addressed before/
At the risk of self-plugging, my story Gofer No More? does tie up one of the loose ends mentioned.

20. What did H.G. Wells do with that spare time machine (the one that Superman built when he went back in time in Tempus Fugitive)? How could he fly one machine somewhere and leave it and go back for the other one (without one of those window time machines that Tempus had in S4)?
Perhaps he made one time machine function as the equivalent of a tow truck?

22. As long as there are other questions with this them: Why did all of Lois' family change appearance over the course of the show?

23. What ever happened to Woody Samms in the dog's body after IGYUMS?

24. What does Asabi do after the show ends?

25. What happens to the baby after the final episode? (An earlier question dealt with the baby's history, but not with its future.)

Joy,
Lynn

#136844 10/24/13 03:00 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Maybe #20 is how Tempus escaped 1866. There was no way for H. G. Wells to avoid leaving a time machine in 1866. It all makes sense.

John Pack Lambert
#136845 10/24/13 03:15 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
26. Where did Lois and Clark go on the post-"Individual Responsibility" date.

27. What ever happens with the Smart Kids who suspect CK=SM.

28. Did Lois or Clark win the chess game at the end of "Top Copy".

29. How does Lois being at the Hotel Robierge at the end of "Sex, Lies and Videotapes" in as payment for Superman fixing the damage not add more fuel to the Lois to Superman connection fire.

John Pack Lambert
#136846 10/24/13 05:38 PM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
30. What happened to Perry's other son? (In ASU Perry mentions that Alice couldn't get a flight out of Des Moines when she was seeing both of them). We know about Jerry and where he ended up, but what about the poor, unnamed one?

31. The people of New Krypton--did Zara and Ching marry and have an heir? How are they all doing and what ended up happening on their planet after their ship left earth? dizzy

32. Lucy (never knew a lot about her or what really ended up happening to her thud )

#136847 10/24/13 05:45 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
33. Did Jimmy ever get with that red head who was supposed to be his soul mate?

34. How, exactly, does making love while floating work? With Clark on top, any part of Lois that he wasn't holding would be pulled down by gravity. And with Lois on top, there's that problem of, shall we say...leverage, unless Clark's doing all the work.

35. What happened to Lex's puppy?

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#136848 10/24/13 06:36 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
At the risk of self-plugging, my story Gofer No More? does tie up one of the loose ends mentioned.
Still one of my favorites, Lynn. laugh

22. As long as there are other questions with this them: Why did all of Lois' family change appearance over the course of the show?
Good one! I bet this would be a fun one to answer.

Originally posted by John Lambert:
Maybe #20 is how Tempus escaped 1866. There was no way for H. G. Wells to avoid leaving a time machine in 1866. It all makes sense.
H.G. Wells took his time machine back to 1866, left Tempus there (where Tempus got locked up because he kept telling people the truth), and then Herb returned to get Lois and Clark in 1966. If he had left the time machine there, how would he have gotten out? No, Tempus probably hired some genius to build him a time machine of his own, but it was screwed up and that's how he ended up discovering other dimensions.

All good questions, everyone. clap

36. How did Lex survive being killed in the abandoned subway under the Daily Planet? (Come on, we all know he did.)

37. Who was Mindy Church, really?

38.(a) How many times was Lex Luthor married?
38.(b) How many children did he sire? (Yes, I know they probably weren't all legitimate.)

39. How did Perry and Alice's date go?

40.(a) How did the people of Smallville not know that Kal-El / Superman wasn't their native son, Clark Kent?
40.(b) How did Perry not figure it out?
40.(c) How did Jimmy not figure it out?
40.(d) Does Clark ever call Lois 'his little concubine'? << [Linked Image] >>

41. What did Jace Mazik do to with the information that he knew that CK=SM?

42. What did Clark read in Tempus's diary (before SM burnt it up)? And was it still accurate or changed because he now knew what Tempus knew of the future?

VirginiaR.
---
#136849 10/25/13 02:31 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
42. What did Clark read in Tempus's diary (before SM burnt it up)? And was it still accurate or changed because he now knew what Tempus knew of the future?
This one has been on my mind lately. I wonder if this is why he asked Lois to marry him so soon after. As Perry says in Season 3 - "Shouldn't they try dating first?" They haven't been 'officially' dating for very long for Clark to pop the question. Yes we all know he's head over heels in love, but for 2 years he's been taking it very slow, gentle and careful with Lois. Yet, now, he jumps right in with the proposal. Maybe he read that they get married. He may have been fully confident of the answer. Yet he was then stunned by the 'No'.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
#136850 10/25/13 05:41 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KatherineKent:
This one has been on my mind lately. I wonder if this is why he asked Lois to marry him so soon after. As Perry says in Season 3 - "Shouldn't they try dating first?" They haven't been 'officially' dating for very long for Clark to pop the question. Yes we all know he's head over heels in love, but for 2 years he's been taking it very slow, gentle and careful with Lois. Yet, now, he jumps right in with the proposal. Maybe he read that they get married. He may have been fully confident of the answer. Yet he was then stunned by the 'No'.
Interesting theory! I always assumed that Clark jumped in so fast because:

1. He almost lost Lois to Scardino.
2. Lois chose Clark over Scardino AND Superman.
3. He was hopelessly in love with her.

But the notebook idea...knowing he and Lois did get married...that's interesting. I'm guessing the notebook didn't mention the clone debacle though. :p

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#136851 10/25/13 05:42 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by VirginiaR:

21. What did Sam Lane, MD mean when he said "No. No, that's not right" before losing his memory in the final episode?
As per 21 - I read somewhere that it was meant to be the first hint that Dr. Klein's research was flawed and that Lois and Clark actually *could* conceive children.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#136852 10/25/13 05:48 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
43. What ever happened with the Kryptonite vaccine that Dr. Klein was working on for Clark in DTOSC?

44. What happened the first time Lois and Clark went up against Bad Brain Johnson? It was only mentioned that they caught him, but we never saw it happen.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#136853 10/25/13 05:57 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
45. Why weren't Linda and Paul at Lois's high school reunion?

46. Why is Lois so skittish about a gun in The People vs. Lois Lane if she had used guns many times before?

47. How did Lois manage to cook the Christmas dinner in Seasons Greetings if she was a disaster in the kitchen?

48. How did Lois know the clone was not the real Superman by his kiss if she had kissed Clark and Superman and didn't realize they were the same?

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#136854 10/25/13 06:03 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Ultra Woman:
45. Why weren't Linda and Paul at Lois's high school reunion?
Because Linda and Paul didn't go to high school with Lois; they were friends from college, until they weren't.

Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
[b] 20. What did H.G. Wells do with that spare time machine (the one that Superman built when he went back in time in Tempus Fugitive)? How could he fly one machine somewhere and leave it and go back for the other one (without one of those window time machines that Tempus had in S4)?

As per 21 - I read somewhere that it was meant to be the first hint that Dr. Klein's research was flawed and that Lois and Clark actually *could* conceive children. [/b]
That's how I always rolled with it, but when I first (and second and third) heard it, I thought Sam was agreeing with Dr. Klein's conclusions.

VirginiaR.
---
#136855 10/25/13 06:15 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KatherineKent:
[b]
Interesting theory! I always assumed that Clark jumped in so fast because:

1. He almost lost Lois to Scardino.
2. Lois chose Clark over Scardino AND Superman.
3. He was hopelessly in love with her.

But the notebook idea...knowing he and Lois did get married...that's interesting. I'm guessing the notebook didn't mention the clone debacle though. :p [/b]
I agree with both of you. I originally thought what DC concluded, but every time I think about Tempus's diary I wonder if KatherineKent's theory might be the correct one.

It's possible that in the original timeline (before HG Wells screwed it up by going into the future, bringing Tempus into the past, leaving him there to write a diary which Jace Mazak got ahold of and therefore Clark read), Clark told Lois that morning he was planning on doing it at the beginning of AtAI that he was SM. They then dealt with that before he ever proposed. At which time, Lois said 'yes'. Because of that, they possibly got married sooner than when it was scheduled during the ARGH arc, and therefore, it was before Luthor had completed his Clois doll... er... clone.

VirginiaR.
---
#136856 10/25/13 10:29 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
49. How does Clark cut his hair? We know he uses heat vision and a mirror to sear away his stubble, but hair cutting is a different matter! And we know his hair is indestructible...Jesse's was in COTOC.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#136857 10/25/13 11:12 AM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yet another brain fog--Lex had a puppy? shock Can't remember a puppy--but quite curious...

#136858 10/25/13 11:39 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yet another brain fog--Lex had a puppy? shock Can't remember a puppy--but quite curious...
In Requiem for a Superhero, I believe, you see Lex talking to someone about how much he hates to kill people (or maybe it was Smart Kids?), but he's really talking to his dog. I know we had a discussion about the dog recently (within the last two years), because I think I asked people for suggestions on what to name him and someone supplied a picture. I finally chose Xerxes for his name as I knew how much Lex liked the letter 'X'. I just took a look for the link, but couldn't find it. frown Sorry.

VirginiaR.
---
#136859 10/25/13 03:39 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It IS Requiem. Here's Lex's puppy:

[Linked Image]

And the link to it, just in case...

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#136860 10/25/13 09:42 PM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
First I forget Wally, and then the puppy! Guess I need to study up--thanks...(typing as watching L&C on The Hub thumbsup )

As per 21 - I read somewhere that it was meant to be the first hint that Dr. Klein's research was flawed and that Lois and Clark actually *could* conceive children.
Interesting! I never put that together, but makes sense...all of these loose ends really make me wish that 5th season would have been filmed hyper
And then the big two:
-Lois risked her life to save Clark's parents
-Lois told Superman that she loved Clark
(The fact that Lois almost died to help Clark's parents, combined with him hearing that Lois loves him--this gave Clark every indication that Lois now cared about him as much as he has always cared about her. He knew where he wanted the relationship to go--so he acted on it, and quickly smile .) And I believe that these two events made him realize that he HAD to tell Lois he was Superman, and so out came the proposal, to be followed by the explanation..."I needed to know if you would marry me--Clark...then I was going to tell you everything" in WHALTTA. I just love discussing L&C's relationship blush

50. What happened to the red kryptonite? It was in LW, but then what?

51. Just how exactly does Utopia come to existence? We know it is based on L&C getting married--and there's a statue of them, etc--but how do we get from their wedding, to their decedents, and then a world of Utopia? dizzy I would like some details, please...

52. The loose end of Alt. Lois was brought up, but really, how does Alt. Clark function in his Alt. world? I mean, till he finds his Lois (hopefully shock

#136861 10/26/13 12:09 PM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
A few more dangling loose ends to tie up...

53. Does Diana Stride (TC) ever leak the 'Clark Kent is Superman' info out? She was exposed as a hoax in the episode, but she really does know the secret--isn't she just dying to tell someone the news?!? (and somehow figure out a way to prove it all)

54. We covered how we need clarification on how 'making love while floating' works, but that brings up another question: Clark has previously 'sleep floated'--does that stop once Lois is sleeping in the same bed as him? Or does Lois ever end up waking up during the night to find her husband has floated away? smile

55. Super Hero Costume Clarification?--How exactly does the 'spin thing' work (meaning specifically, just where do the clothes that aren't being worn go, and then how exactly are they recalled, when needed, into the next spin change)? dizzy

-As Clark, Superman's suit is sometimes under his clothing (or I suppose could fit into a large pocket--spandex isn't too bulky, I guess confused ). But a cape? And really--there is no way those red boots are just balled up into his suit jacket pocket, etc huh
-glasses
-potentially a coat--Metropolis does see some snowy weather--and that can't stop a Superman rescue smile
-suit jacket
-button down shirt
-loud tie
-undergarments blush
-pants
-socks
-and yet another pair of awkward-to-hide shoes wink

I would love to know the logistics of these quick changes--and not to be picky, but how does nothing ever wrinkle in this process? Amazing! laugh

#136862 10/26/13 12:09 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I really am wanting that previously promised 5th season now
Being that it's been 20 years since the show aired, I doubt we're going to get a live version. The fans did pick up the slack though, a while back, and wrote a 5th Season of fanfics. I've only made it through about half of these. The last one I read was so angst-filled, it made me nervous to read onwards. (I never made it to the one where alt-Clark finds his alt-Lois.... [Linked Image] Since LLF has tempted me to spend my procrastination...er.... writing time, reading stories from the Archives, I should really go back and finish this series.)

VirginiaR.
---
#136863 10/26/13 12:54 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
56. Speaking of superhero costumes, what did Lois ever do with Ultra Woman's?

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#136864 10/26/13 01:23 PM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I would love to know the logistics of these quick changes--and not to be picky, but how does nothing ever wrinkle in this process?
Didn't you know? Keeping clothes unwrinkled is one of Clark's powers. wink

I wonder not only about where Clark keeps his other clothes, but also the logic behind the spin-change. Yes, it's neat to watch (and that, I am sure, is at least part of the RL explanation for it), but how does spinning actually help him change? I would think it would be a lot harder to change while imitating a top than it even would be to change in a phone booth. (And this is fodder for another folder, but I've often wondered where that phone booth thing came from, since he used such a locale EXTREMELY rarely either in his early years -- i.e., 1930s and 1940s -- or over the course of his 75 year history.)

Joy,
Lynn

#136865 10/26/13 01:35 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
I would love to know the logistics of these quick changes--and not to be picky, but how does nothing ever wrinkle in this process?
Didn't you know? Keeping clothes unwrinkled is one of Clark's powers. wink
Steam cleans the wrinkles out with his heat vision?

I wonder not only about where Clark keeps his other clothes, but also the logic behind the spin-change. Yes, it's neat to watch (and that, I am sure, is at least part of the RL explanation for it), but how does spinning actually help him change? I would think it would be a lot harder to change while imitating a top than it even would be to change in a phone booth.
Maybe a) it just appears that he's spinning because he's moving so fast, but not really spinning, or b) he spins so quickly to protect his modesty in case anyone happened to be watching (such as Lois... or us. [Linked Image] )

(And this is fodder for another folder, but I've often wondered where that phone booth thing came from, since he used such a locale EXTREMELY rarely either in his early years -- i.e., 1930s and 1940s -- or over the course of his 75 year history.)
Good question. clap

VirginiaR.
---
#136866 10/26/13 04:17 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Maybe a) it just appears that he's spinning because he's moving so fast, but not really spinning, or b) he spins so quickly to protect his modesty in case anyone happened to be watching (such as Lois... or us. [Linked Image] )
I've always assumed it was the modesty thing too.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#136867 10/26/13 07:45 PM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Being that it's been 20 years since the show aired, I doubt we're going to get a live version. The fans did pick up the slack though, a while back, and wrote a 5th Season of fanfics. I've only made it through about half of these. The last one I read was so angst-filled, it made me nervous to read onwards. (I never made it to the one where alt-Clark finds his alt-Lois.... Since LLF has tempted me to spend my procrastination...er.... writing time, reading stories from the Archives, I should really go back and finish this series.)
I have been meaning to get into the 5th season of stories--but haven't yet started. But an Alt. Lois and Alt. Clark story should definitely get me heading that way smile1 --thanks for the info!

Answer: Lois Lane Fan located it in Metropolis, IL over the summer ....one loose end tied up thumbsup

How about a few more?

57. What happened with Sam and Ellen's relationship? They were getting along much better in TFH...so what happened afterwards?

58. Where did Jimmy's career end up going? Did he advance at the Planet to become a journalist?

59. Speaking of careers--how did Lois and Clark do down the road at the Planet? Any more Kerths or a Meriweather Award?

Laura

#136868 10/27/13 02:29 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Maybe a) it just appears that he's spinning because he's moving so fast, but not really spinning, or b) he spins so quickly to protect his modesty in case anyone happened to be watching (such as Lois... or [b]us
. [Linked Image] )
I've always assumed it was the modesty thing too. [/b]
I had thought I remembered him spinning at some point while he was alone in his own apartment; if so, then modesty didn't enter into it. (No, I can't cite a specific episode off the top of my head. If I could, I would.) Am I mis-remembering?

Joy,
Lynn

#136869 10/27/13 11:44 AM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
After showering, Clark spins into a couple different outfits in Lucky Leon getting ready for his date with Lois--was this the scene you were thinking of? This scene wouldn't be anything related to modesty--he was just getting ready and doing his thing...maybe it's a habit? Something he figured out how to do, works for him, so why not do it sort of a thing?

#136870 10/27/13 11:49 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Thank you! I'm glad I wasn't completely mis-remembering. I had thought I had recalled him spinning in his apartment prior to taking off for some emergency, but at least he did spin while alone. In this instance, he could simply have been burning off a little nerves/excitement prior to the date -- sort of a super-fidgeting. huh

Joy,
Lynn

#136871 10/27/13 04:18 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What happened to Cat?
Irene Dutch gave us what might have happened in her fic, In Cat\'s Corner . I'll just say that Cat finds true love (awww.)

How much time (years) did Clark actually loose in BY? He gave some of his 'time' to Jimmy, but we don't know how his life span will compare to Lois'...Always walk away from that ep thinking "Hmmmm?"
Actually, Nan Smith addressed this topic in her "Home" series . I forget which fic it's in, so you'll just have to read the whole lot!

How did the people of Smallville not know that Kal-El / Superman wasn't their native son, Clark Kent?
Shayne Terry answered this question in his hilarious mini-fic, Gossip . Remember, it doesn't cost anything to be nice! laugh

What happened the first time Lois and Clark went up against Bad Brain Johnson? It was only mentioned that they caught him, but we never saw it happen.
Sue S. did a fantastic story about this - Faustian Bargain . Don't miss it. The nfic version is better and it's hot hot hot!

What happens to the baby after the final episode? (An earlier question dealt with the baby's history, but not with its future.)
Why don't you read Yvonne Connell's Kidnapped ? A great fic, telling us where the baby came from and also what came next.

The people of New Krypton--did Zara and Ching marry and have an heir? How are they all doing and what ended up happening on their planet after their ship left earth?
Go ahead and read Dandello's Plane Storm and you'll find out. It's a fine LnC/Superman Returns crossover fic and very well done.

Just how exactly does Utopia come to existence? We know it is based on L&C getting married--and there's a statue of them, etc--but how do we get from their wedding, to their decedents, and then a world of Utopia? I would like some details, please...
Well, CC Aiken's In A Better Place doesn't tell us the nitty gritty of how Utopia came into existence, but a lot of the story does happen in that so-called Utopia. And it's quite a good story.

but really, how does Alt. Clark function in his Alt. world? I mean, till he finds his Lois (hopefully [Grovel] ) he is alone, w/o parents, in a world that knows all about his secret. Even the Planet is different--with Jimmy owning it, and Perry is busy as Mayor.
This all combines to make one lonely, very publicly-known superhero...What is his life really like?
I found Yvonne Connell's Addicted to be a hard-hitting and awesome exploration of this very thing. How does alt-Clark live in a world without Lois? The answer... not very well. Don't miss this one. Another fic where the nfic version (in my opinion) is better. Also, it has a sequel, Damaged .

Speaking of superhero costumes, what did Lois ever do with Ultra Woman's?
I wish I could remember the name of the fic where Lois (or is it Clark?) is cleaning out the attic and finds the old costume there, packed away.

#136872 10/27/13 04:38 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
60. Did Lois and/or CLark ever win a Pulitzer?

61. What ever happened with the investigation into the stolen diamonds in ATAI? Did it remain unsolved? Did the case get dropped once Mazik was caught? Wouldn't Mazik have fingered Clark as the thief?

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#136873 10/27/13 11:46 PM
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
[b]I really am wanting that previously promised 5th season now
Being that it's been 20 years since the show aired, I doubt we're going to get a live version. The fans did pick up the slack though, a while back, and wrote a 5th Season of fanfics. I've only made it through about half of these. The last one I read was so angst-filled, it made me nervous to read onwards. (I never made it to the one where alt-Clark finds his alt-Lois.... [Linked Image] Since LLF has tempted me to spend my procrastination...er.... writing time, reading stories from the Archives, I should really go back and finish this series.) [/b]
Ahhh. There is hope for some kind of live version, though. Orphaned shows are showing up on Kickstarter. I understand there's a Veronica Mars movie being done as well as this:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/125377036/star-trek-continues-webseries

--and if a show that got pulled 45 years ago can spawn 11 movies and I give up on trying to count how many TV series, audio series, games, TV movies and specials then there's hope for anything.

Shallowford
#136874 10/28/13 11:25 AM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
With 45, I think Linda and Paul were from college, not high school. Although I have to admit that the relationships and events described always sounded to me more high school, but Lois says it was college.

John Pack Lambert
#136875 10/28/13 11:44 AM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
62. Does Lois retain any of the information that was implanted in her brain in "The Eyes Have It."

63. Do Jimmy and the girl from "AKA Superman" keep dating?

64. Does Lois retain any powers from being Ultrawoman.

65. Does Lois still have her harem outfit from "Pheremone My Lovely"

66. Do Clark and Lois ever go back to the Lexor after getting married.

67. Whatever happens with the film Linda King talks about at the end of "the Rival"?

John Pack Lambert
#136876 10/29/13 02:34 PM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
In this instance, he could simply have been burning off a little nerves/excitement prior to the date -- sort of a super-fidgeting.
Love it--great reasoning! blush I've tried to think of other examples by himself and I couldn't come up with any. But the more I think about it, to me at least, I think it's just a fun habit he picked up, that seems to work well for him...(but I did remember that early on in the series, they showed him changing in the bathroom at the DP--the scene when his elbow goes through the stall smile --so initially the 'spin thing' wasn't the way to go, I guess...)

IolantheAlias: Thanks for the recommendations! I've gained a lot of great reading from your suggestions over the last year or so--just needed to finally get on the message board to finally tell you I appreciate what you do! Thanks wave

Ahhh. There is hope for some kind of live version, though. Orphaned shows are showing up on Kickstarter. I understand there's a Veronica Mars movie being done as well as this:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/125377036/star-trek-continues-webseries
Never give up hope clap

How about:

68. Do Molly and Lois ever rekindle (for the second time) their friendship?

69. Does Perry ever retire? And if yes, does he move south or stay in Metropolis? Who would be the new editor of the DP? (guess that is a three-part question, really...)

#136877 10/29/13 02:46 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
62. Does Lois retain any of the information that was implanted in her brain in "The Eyes Have It."

67. Whatever happens with the film Linda King talks about at the end of "the Rival"?
As per 67, according to Sue S, in The Whole Truth as well as And Nothing But The Truth , it was a disaster.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#136878 10/29/13 02:53 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
68. How does Clark come up with the spin change?

69. Who owns the DP after the whole Leslie Luckabee debacle?

70. What ever happened to the regenerated gangsters from TOGoM? Did they degenerate like the clones Lex had made?

71. Exactly how much Kryptonite is out there? It seems like everyone and their mother is able to get their hands on a chunk.

72. Why does it take Clark more than a day to recover his powers after his first exposure to green K, when later on he recovers instantly, as soon as the green K is taken away? Did he have to develop an immune response to it?

73. Does Lois ever find out that Lex almost killed Superman on the day she was to marry him?

74. More than one person have claimed CK=S. (Diana Stride, Mazik, Tempus, etc.) Does anyone ever start to think that maybe they were on to something?

75. Does Jerry White ever *really* turn over a new leaf?

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#136879 10/29/13 04:53 PM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
72. Why does it take Clark more than a day to recover his powers after his first exposure to green K, when later on he recovers instantly, as soon as the green K is taken away? Did he have to develop an immune response to it?

73. Does Lois ever find out that Lex almost killed Superman on the day she was to marry him?
Good questions! I had never noticed the change in his recovery to kryptonite, but that is interesting that he seems to recover quicker and quicker as the series goes on...hmmm.

And for #73--I would love to hear how that conversation goes! For one, it would really show Lois (yet again) how evil and deceptive Lex was. And two, it would give Lois some insight into what was going on from Clark's perspective during all the Lex engagement timeframe--everything with his feelings of potentially loosing the woman he loves, but also everything regarding his life as Superman. Interesting!

76. What ever happened to Jack's younger brother Denny?

#136880 10/29/13 05:05 PM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Speaking of TOGOM...

77. Do Lois and Clark ever have a conversation about Clark really not dying in TOGOM? I would think that would be something that at some point would come up in a conversation (you'd think it would have in the show--kinda a big deal
jawdrop --but no). But...it did give me a #77 to include on our list blush

(And, I suppose, once Lois knew Clark was Superman, it would have been a mute point?)

#136881 10/29/13 05:12 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Speaking of TOGOM...

77. Do Lois and Clark ever have a conversation about Clark really not dying in TOGOM? I would think that would be something that at some point would come up in a conversation (you'd think it would have in the show--kinda a big deal
jawdrop --but no). But...it did give me a #77 to include on our list blush

(And, I suppose, once Lois knew Clark was Superman, it would have been a mute point?)
Actually, I can see Lois being extremely pissed off at Clark once she's in the know. Not only did he make her think he was dead, he never even went to check on her as Superman. I think Lois would take that pretty poorly, even if she *would* admit that he had to fake his death or expose his secret.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#136882 10/29/13 06:00 PM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Totally agree with you--she would have been livid at Clark. "Mute point" I was meaning that maybe once the writers had Lois in on the secret, it would have meant she'd have known he never died (so they chose not to rehash in the show). I would have loved to see this one played out though dizzy

78. Do Lois and Clark ever make it to Hawaii?

#136883 10/29/13 06:50 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Here's the list so far. I believe there were some duplicates, so I'll try to edit them out...

1. What happened to Cat?

2. What happened to Jack?

3. Where did that baby come from?

4. If Martha and Jonathan were heading to Italy for their anniversary at the end of S2, why were they back in Kansas when Clark calls them for advice about his rejected proposal / botched revelation at the beginning of S3?

5.(a) Why did Perry hire Ralph?*
5.(b) Why did Perry hire Wally?*
and not Clark?

6. Was S1 Jimmy supposed to be the same person as S2-4 Jimmy?

7. Did Alt. Clark ever find his Alt. Lois???

8. Did Lana show up to CLois and Clark's wedding reception (ARGH-Arc)? And if so, what happened?

9. How much time (years) did Clark actually loose in BY? He gave some of his 'time' to Jimmy, but we don't know how his life span will compare to Lois'

10. Were The Invisible Man and Resplendent Man twins? The same person? Alternate universe counterparts who somehow managed to inhabit the same plane of existence?

11. If Kal-El was married to Zara at birth, why did the ship full of important people (Zara, Elders, etc) leave him behind when they were looking for a new planet to live on and Krypton was exploding?

12. Are Lois and Clark telepathically linked? Lois wakes up Clark when he's in the coma in HIWTHI somehow with her mind. And Clark knows Lois is thinking about him when he's en route to NK.

13. Did Star ever figure out CK=S? After all, he DID call himself Kal-El when under hypnosis, before Superman ever made his name known.

14. Did Perry every figure out CK=S? Some things he says suggest that he did. Other times, not so much.

15. Did Jack ever figure out CK=S? By the time Fly Hard was over, there were hints that maybe he did, or at least suspected.

16. If Tempus claims that he has no mechanical knowledge, how the heck did he escape Smallville 1866? Clearly, if he couldn't run the time machine, he couldn't have built one.

17. Exactly how much Kryptonite is out there? It seems like every Tom, Dick, and Harry could get a hold of one if they wanted it.

18. How did Mindy Church get her hands on Clark's ship?

19. Was Mindy ever caught as the head of Intergang?

22. Why did all of Lois' family change appearance over the course of the show?

23. What ever happened to Woody Samms in the dog's body after IGYUMS?

24. What does Asabi do after the show ends?

25. What happens to the baby after the final episode? (An earlier question dealt with the baby's history, but not with its future.)

26. Where did Lois and Clark go on the post-"Individual Responsibility" date.

27. What ever happens with the Smart Kids who suspect CK=SM.

28. Did Lois or Clark win the chess game at the end of "Top Copy".

29. How does Lois being at the Hotel Robierge at the end of "Sex, Lies and Videotapes" in as payment for Superman fixing the damage not add more fuel to the Lois to Superman connection fire.

30. What happened to Perry's other son? (In ASU Perry mentions that Alice couldn't get a flight out of Des Moines when she was seeing both of them). We know about Jerry and where he ended up, but what about the poor, unnamed one?

31. The people of New Krypton--did Zara and Ching marry and have an heir? How are they all doing and what ended up happening on their planet after their ship left earth? [Dizzy]

32. Lucy (never knew a lot about her or what really ended up happening to her [Thud] )

33. Did Jimmy ever get with that red head who was supposed to be his soul mate?

34. How, exactly, does making love while floating work? With Clark on top, any part of Lois that he wasn't holding would be pulled down by gravity. And with Lois on top, there's that problem of, shall we say...leverage, unless Clark's doing all the work.

36. How did Lex survive being killed in the abandoned subway under the Daily Planet? (Come on, we all know he did.)

37. Who was Mindy Church, really?

38.(a) How many times was Lex Luthor married?
38.(b) How many children did he sire? (Yes, I know they probably weren't all legitimate.)

39. How did Perry and Alice's date go?

40.(a) How did the people of Smallville not know that Kal-El / Superman wasn't their native son, Clark Kent?
40.(b) How did Perry not figure it out?
40.(c) How did Jimmy not figure it out?
40.(d) Does Clark ever call Lois 'his little concubine'?

41. What did Jace Mazik do to with the information that he knew that CK=SM?

43. What ever happened with the Kryptonite vaccine that Dr. Klein was working on for Clark in DTOSC?

44. What happened the first time Lois and Clark went up against Bad Brain Johnson? It was only mentioned that they caught him, but we never saw it happen.

45.* /Originally: Why weren't Linda and Paul at Lois's high school reunion? Since Paul and Linda went to college with Lois, not high school, I'm changing this to:/ Did Clark ever go to his high school reunion? Did he run into Lana there? It would have been in the Summer of 1994.

46. Why is Lois so skittish about a gun in The People vs. Lois Lane if she had used guns many times before?

47. How did Lois manage to cook the Christmas dinner in Seasons Greetings if she was a disaster in the kitchen?

48. How did Lois know the clone was not the real Superman by his kiss if she had kissed Clark and Superman and didn't realize they were the same?

49. How does Clark cut his hair? We know he uses heat vision and a mirror to sear away his stubble, but hair cutting is a different matter! And we know his hair is indestructible...Jesse's was in COTOC.

50. What happened to the red kryptonite? It was in LW, but then what?

51. Just how exactly does Utopia come to existence? We know it is based on L&C getting married--and there's a statue of them, etc--but how do we get from their wedding, to their decedents, and then a world of Utopia? [Dizzy] I would like some details, please...

52. The loose end of Alt. Lois was brought up, but really, how does Alt. Clark function in his Alt. world? I mean, till he finds his Lois (hopefully [Grovel] ) he is alone, w/o parents, in a world that knows all about his secret. Even the Planet is different--with Jimmy owning it, and Perry is busy as Mayor.
This all combines to make one lonely, very publicly-known superhero...What is his life really like?

53. Does Diana Stride (TC) ever leak the 'Clark Kent is Superman' info out? She was exposed as a hoax in the episode, but she really does know the secret--isn't she just dying to tell someone the news?!? (and somehow figure out a way to prove it all)

54. We covered how we need clarification on how 'making love while floating' works, but that brings up another question: Clark has previously 'sleep floated'--does that stop once Lois is sleeping in the same bed as him? Or does Lois ever end up waking up during the night to find her husband has floated away? [Smile]

55. Super Hero Costume Clarification?--How exactly does the 'spin thing' work (meaning specifically, just where do the clothes that aren't being worn go, and then how exactly are they recalled, when needed, into the next spin change)?

57. What happened with Sam and Ellen's relationship? They were getting along much better in TFH...so what happened afterwards?

58. Where did Jimmy's career end up going? Did he advance at the Planet to become a journalist?

59. Speaking of careers--how did Lois and Clark do down the road at the Planet? Any more Kerths or a Meriweather Award?

60. Did Lois and/or CLark ever win a Pulitzer?

61. What ever happened with the investigation into the stolen diamonds in ATAI? Did it remain unsolved? Did the case get dropped once Mazik was caught? Wouldn't Mazik have fingered Clark as the thief?

68. Do Molly and Lois ever rekindle (for the second time) their friendship?

69.(a) Does Perry ever retire?
69.(b) And if yes, does he move south or stay in Metropolis?
69.(c) Who would be the new editor of the DP?

69. Who owns the DP after the whole Leslie Luckabee debacle?

70. What ever happened to the regenerated gangsters from TOGoM? Did they degenerate like the clones Lex had made?

71.* /Same as 17, so changed to.../ What really happened to Patrick Sullivan after his failed Druid sacrifice of Lois?

74. More than one person have claimed CK=S. (Diana Stride, Mazik, Tempus, etc.) Does anyone ever start to think that maybe they were on to something?

75. Does Jerry White ever *really* turn over a new leaf?

76. What ever happened to Jack's younger brother Denny?

77. Do Lois and Clark ever have a conversation about Clark really not dying in TOGOM? I would think that would be something that at some point would come up in a conversation

78. Do Lois and Clark ever make it to Hawaii?

79. Does Jaxon ever cause more problems to the Daily Planet system after being turned into a living computer virus? Or did Jimmy kill him the next time he did a virus sweep?

* Indicates changed by the Editor.

VirginiaR.
---
#136884 10/29/13 06:56 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I believe these questions were answered in MLT's Blind (Super)Man\'s Bluff

VirginiaR.
---
#136885 10/29/13 11:26 PM
S
Columnist
Columnist
S

Here's a related one:

80. All of these criminals with all of their "almost successful" plots are sitting in prison. Do they ever compare notes? For example, a Prankster flash freeze device coordinated with a Bob Fences deathray (or even a hunk of Kryptonite) would be bad for our superhero.

And one not:

81. Clark learned some martial arts in "Chi of Steel." Why didn't he continue? It would have given him a way to deal with situations as Clark without raising suspicion. (i.e. Fly Hard) It would give him something to do with Lois. Besides, who wouldn't want to see Lois sweaty in a gi?

Shallowford
#136886 10/30/13 12:17 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
82. What happened to Star?

83. Who was Sore Throat?

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

#136887 10/30/13 12:47 PM
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
83. Who was Sore Throat?
I always figured it was Wayne Irig .

84. Was Lex sprayed with a permanent dose of Revenge, or did it wear off and he was obsessed with Lois anyway?

85. Does Scardino ever find true love?

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
#136888 10/30/13 01:38 PM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
86. Are there any significant environmental after effects from everything Lex Luthor did in Man of Steel Bars to create Metropolis' heat wave?

87. We know Clark traveled the world doing free lance writing before coming to Metropolis, falling for Lois, and settling down, but more details would be nice from his life beforehand...
-what was his life really like?
-how often did he fly home to Smallville?
-how did he decide where he would go?
-was/is anyone suspicious of anything 'super' he did while he was globe-trotting?

#136889 10/31/13 10:32 AM
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
88. Was the technology behind the cyborg boxers, Metallo and Vixen all related somehow? Who was the puppeteer pulling those strings?

Shallowford
#136890 10/31/13 03:19 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
70a. If the regenderated gangsters degenerated like clones, does anyone wonder why Clark does not degenerate?

John Pack Lambert
#136891 10/31/13 03:31 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
89. Does Lois ever tell Clark that she said no to Lex not because he was a criminal, but because she loved Clark.
89a. How soon does Clark know that Lois said no to Lex before the cavalry burst through the doors.

90. Are there are side effects to using "Resurection".

John Pack Lambert
#136892 10/31/13 03:38 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
91. If Clark had worked as editor of the Smallville Press, while Lois has just been a reporter for the DP, why does Perry say Lois has more experience?

92. With Lois being such a good singer, does she ever try it as a side job?

93. How many times did Lois actually have pizza and watch a movie at Clark's place before their first date?

94. If it was the "Magic of the Night Ball" in Illusions of Grandeur, was there dancing. If so, did Clark and Lois dance?

John Pack Lambert
#136893 11/01/13 04:49 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
89a. How soon does Clark know that Lois said no to Lex before the cavalry burst through the doors.
In the script (it was not in the episode) there it's:

LOIS: Why me?

CLARK: Because Lex Luthor always wanted what he could never have.

LOIS: He almost did.

CLARK: (fervently)No. You said 'no.' You never would have gone through with it.
I wish they had aired this dialog. frown

#136894 11/01/13 05:16 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
91. If Clark had worked as editor of the Smallville Press, while Lois has just been a reporter for the DP, why does Perry say Lois has more experience?
Because editing a small town probably weekly paper with only a couple of employees is closer to be the editor of a university paper (in Perry's opinion). Neither is anywhere near the same 'experience' as a three time Kerth Award winning journalist with years of global investigative work under her belt vs. someone who discovered that the mayor of a small town wasn't paying his sales taxes properly for his business. In Perry's opinion (like Lois's), you cannot compare corn to apricots.

VirginiaR.
---
#136895 11/01/13 08:55 AM
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
In Perry's opinion (like Lois's), you cannot compare corn to apricots.
rotflol How apt!

95. Did Jonathan and Martha ever clean up the kryptonite that was left in their pond by Trask? If so, what did they do with it?

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
#136896 11/01/13 10:20 AM
R
RJS Offline
Blogger
Blogger
R
Because editing a small town probably weekly paper with only a couple of employees is closer to be the editor of a university paper (in Perry's opinion). Neither is anywhere near the same 'experience' as a three time Kerth Award winning journalist with years of global investigative work under her belt vs. someone who discovered that the mayor of a small town wasn't paying his sales taxes properly for his business. In Perry's opinion (like Lois's), you cannot compare corn to apricots.
Crime does happen here in Kansas and surrounding states. It isn't limited to large cities or the coastal states. The papers, weekly or daily are not filled with farm reports, corn fests and shucking contests despite what Hollywood and national media would have you believe. Back in the 90s in my small town there were two disappearances that were never solved, and BTK was biding his time not that far from here. We might not make the national news every day but this is far from perfect as far as crime goes. With Perry's long career he would know this. He had to start somewhere, too.
And local papers are printed and put together by publishers with many more than two employees. The staff has to be up on all the news from small towns spread over more than one county. They are responsible for putting together publications for half a dozen or more individual towns each week.
I wish it was an idyllic paradise here, but it isn't.

#136897 11/01/13 12:10 PM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
95. Martha and Jonathan get to Metropolis care of 'Superman Express' multiple times--but they also seem to show up at Clark's by themselves a lot....just how often do they fly half way across the country to come to Metropolis?

96. We know that everyone thought that Clark was adopted, but did immediate family/friends ever dig any deeper? Was this information accepted at face value really that easily?

97. What was Clark's childhood like? We know about how he gradually got his powers and about the tree house 'Fortress of Solitude,' but there are a mighty few gaps in btw there dizzy

#136898 11/01/13 12:12 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by RJS:
Crime does happen here in Kansas and surrounding states. It isn't limited to large cities or the coastal states. The papers, weekly or daily are not filled with farm reports, corn fests and shucking contests despite what Hollywood and national media would have you believe.
I also live in a rural community, one probably more the size of the Smallville of the same named television show, than the even smaller one I imagine the one from LnC was. We even have a daily paper (most days) with more than 50 employees. I know that there is crime in rural areas, because someone was shot in the alley behind my house not too long ago, and it wasn't the only shooting in town this year by a long shot. frown I wasn't bashing small town news. I was merely pointing out that it was different. Corn to apricots was just another way of saying apples to oranges. laugh

But being the editor of a small rural newspaper (as I imagine the Smallville Gazette being) still isn't the same work experience when judging who is a better candidate for editor of the Daily Planet. In the same average week, Lois would have to have written up and investigated more stories, more quickly, in more dangerous situations than Clark would have to in Smallville. Clark might have more experience in the day to day running and budgeting of a paper than Lois would, but in a big city paper most of that stuff is handled by the people "upstairs". So, yes, as a candidate for editor of the DP, I could see Perry as seeing Lois as having more practical, high pace, high stress work experience than Clark would.

VirginiaR.
---
#136899 11/01/13 05:39 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
IolantheAlias: Thanks for the recommendations! I've gained a lot of great reading from your suggestions over the last year or so--just needed to finally get on the message board to finally tell you I appreciate what you do!
Gosh, thanks a lot, LMA! There have been so many great fanfics written in this fandom that I just want to spread the word about them. On my end, I'd like to thank the authors of all the fics. Sometimes the stories are so good, or they resonate with me so much, that when a topic comes up, a story about it immediately comes to mind.

Speaking of that sort of thing...

82. What happened to Star?
I don't know her ultimate fate, but she does help when Lois is afflicted by Dr. Deter's hypnosis-caused amnesia in ML Thompson's Nowhere To Run . And Star attends the L&C wedding!
84. Was Lex sprayed with a permanent dose of Revenge, or did it wear off and he was obsessed with Lois anyway?
You know, VirginiaR mentions this (along with a whole lot of other plot) in her amazing fic, Wrong Clark .

92. With Lois being such a good singer, does she ever try it as a side job?
No, but in Shayne Terry's Duet , she's a hot-shot entertainment lawyer who is representing the next big thing, singer Clark Kent! smile

94. If it was the "Magic of the Night Ball" in Illusions of Grandeur, was there dancing. If so, did Clark and Lois dance?
I don't know about the "Magic of the Night Ball", but I do know that Lois and Clark danced in Wendy Richards' fine The Dark Side of Christmas . Extra points for masquerades.

95. Did Jonathan and Martha ever clean up the kryptonite that was left in their pond by Trask? If so, what did they do with it?
Dandello touched on this in Paradoxes .

96. We know that everyone thought that Clark was adopted, but did immediate family/friends ever dig any deeper? Was this information accepted at face value really that easily?
Another Dandello fic, The Smallville Connection , talks about this.

#136900 11/02/13 01:05 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
In the script (it was not in the episode) there it's:

LOIS: Why me?

CLARK: Because Lex Luthor always wanted what he could never have.

LOIS: He almost did.

CLARK: (fervently)No. You said 'no.' You never would have gone through with it.
I wish they had aired this dialog. frown
Was this from "Fall of the House of Luthor"?

John Pack Lambert
#136901 11/02/13 01:08 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by RJS:
[b] Crime does happen here in Kansas and surrounding states. It isn't limited to large cities or the coastal states. The papers, weekly or daily are not filled with farm reports, corn fests and shucking contests despite what Hollywood and national media would have you believe.
I also live in a rural community, one probably more the size of the Smallville of the same named television show, than the even smaller one I imagine the one from LnC was. We even have a daily paper (most days) with more than 50 employees. I know that there is crime in rural areas, because someone was shot in the alley behind my house not too long ago, and it wasn't the only shooting in town this year by a long shot. frown I wasn't bashing small town news. I was merely pointing out that it was different. Corn to apricots was just another way of saying apples to oranges. laugh

But being the editor of a small rural newspaper (as I imagine the Smallville Gazette being) still isn't the same work experience when judging who is a better candidate for editor of the Daily Planet. In the same average week, Lois would have to have written up and investigated more stories, more quickly, in more dangerous situations than Clark would have to in Smallville. Clark might have more experience in the day to day running and budgeting of a paper than Lois would, but in a big city paper most of that stuff is handled by the people "upstairs". So, yes, as a candidate for editor of the DP, I could see Perry as seeing Lois as having more practical, high pace, high stress work experience than Clark would. [/b]
Actually, probably Clark would have to investigate more stories, with less staff the staff you do have has to do more.

Also, it is the Smallville Post. It looked like a respectable, and probably daily paper when we saw it in "Tempus Fugitive". Although it may have changed since 1966.

That said, Perry did say it was a very close call. I always figured he really made the decision he did because he knew that Clark would be OK with it, but Lois would have had problems with the reverse.

John Pack Lambert
#136902 11/02/13 01:09 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Was this from "Fall of the House of Luthor"?
It must have been cut from the scene where Clark crosses his fingers and says he never really loved Lois, because they really never spoke after the wedding, except during that scene.

VirginiaR.
---
#136903 11/02/13 02:03 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
98. Are the Quantum Disbander, the Quantum Disrupter and the disingegration ray from "AKA Superman" all the same technology?

John Pack Lambert
#136904 11/02/13 06:50 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
99. How the heck was Luthor's body intact, to be brought back to life? He jumped from the highest point in Metropolis - he should have been a greasy spot on the sidewalk, no?

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#136905 11/05/13 09:05 AM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
100) Does Lois ever get her romance novel (either the one where the protagonist dies without meeting her soulmate or the one that is about Wanda Detroit) published?

101) Why did Jor-El send Kal-El to Earth (he makes explicit reference to sending Clark to Kansas on Earth) when Kal-El was engaged to Zara? Why not send him to New Krypton?
101a) Why didn't he mention something to that effect in the globe?

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#136906 11/05/13 04:10 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
99. How the heck was Luthor's body intact, to be brought back to life? He jumped from the highest point in Metropolis - he should have been a greasy spot on the sidewalk, no?
I figured that since the L&C universe has excellent human cloning technology, they just replaced Lex's broken bits with freshly cloned new parts. laugh

100) Does Lois ever get her romance novel (either the one where the protagonist dies without meeting her soulmate or the one that is about Wanda Detroit) published?
Yes, this is mentioned as an aside in Dandello's fic Plane Storm . In Shayne Terry's Fugue , Lois has published three novels, but they are not romances.

Maybe Lois wasn't a published author in canon, but she was in fanfic!

#136907 11/08/13 12:58 AM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
102) What did the gossip pages say about Ultra Woman?
102a) The tabloids?

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#136908 11/08/13 05:09 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
103.(a) What's the backstory on how Sir Charles (aka The Fox) and Lady Loisette fell in love?
103.(b) What's the backstory on how The Lone Rider and Lulu met and fell in love?

VirginiaR.
---
#136909 11/09/13 09:10 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
104: Does it not bother anyone that Loisette had to marry the precedent incarnation of Tempus because they fell to prevent it when Wells get Lois and Clark reincarnated? So poor Loisette, did she have to live ever after with Baron Tempos ?

And I was also thinking about the episode Seconds when Lois thought she was Wanda Detroit. I really do not understand why when Clark succeeds to find Lois, he let her go with Lex. Really, Luthor is an escaped felon, liar, thief, psychopath, killer et cetera, even if Lois was in her right mind when she told she wanted to go with Lex, Clark had just to make a citizen arrest and deliver him to the police so he could know what was wrong with Lois and go on again with the wedding, don't ya think ?

#136910 11/11/13 04:55 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
105. Clark gives off an aura that protects anything within a millimeter or so of his skin. (AKA, why normal, non-K bullets don't rip the suit.) So why the heck was he naked after smashing into Nightfall and falling back to Earth? His suit should have been protected by his aura, even with his memory getting scrambled/him blacking out.

(Note: Not that I am complaining about a naked Clark. Mmmmmmm...)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#136911 11/11/13 05:35 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
105. Clark gives off an aura that protects anything within a millimeter or so of his skin. (AKA, why normal, non-K bullets don't rip the suit.) So why the heck was he naked after smashing into Nightfall and falling back to Earth? His suit should have been protected by his aura, even with his memory getting scrambled/him blacking out.
Maybe the prolonged friction on the dark side of the Earth reduced his aura enough so it no longer projected out from his body, therefore the suit was burnt off and causing Clark's amnesia when he hit the ground. The next day, he was exposed to sunlight and was back to normal.

No complaints here either. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
#136912 11/11/13 05:40 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
[b] 105. Clark gives off an aura that protects anything within a millimeter or so of his skin. (AKA, why normal, non-K bullets don't rip the suit.) So why the heck was he naked after smashing into Nightfall and falling back to Earth? His suit should have been protected by his aura, even with his memory getting scrambled/him blacking out.
Maybe the prolonged friction on the dark side of the Earth reduced his aura enough so it no longer projected out from his body, therefore the suit was burnt off and causing Clark's amnesia when he hit the ground. The next day, he was exposed to sunlight and was back to normal.

No complaints here either. laugh [/b]
clap That actually could make a lot of sense! Couple the lack of sunlight with the immense exertion of trying to move a 17(?) mile wide meteor...I can get on board with that theory, absolutely.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#136913 11/11/13 05:42 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
That actually could make a lot of sense! Couple the lack of sunlight with the immense exertion of trying to move a 17(?) mile wide meteor...I can get on board with that theory, absolutely.
That's what I loved about [K]Nightfall was that he was naked, *except* for the belt that Batman had lent him. clap

VirginiaR.
---
#136914 11/11/13 06:05 PM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Having a brain-fog here, but what about the cape? Don't seem to remember it being in too much danger throughout the series, but definitely not within a millimeter of his skin...

#136915 11/11/13 06:11 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Having a brain-fog here, but what about the cape? Don't seem to remember it being in too much danger throughout the series, but definitely not within a millimeter of his skin...
I do remember specifically that the cape got damaged when SM was bombed in that explosion where Lois's got ricochet cut on her forehead in NeverEnding Battle. Maybe after that Martha used more flame resistant cloth.

Also, Lois's high heels were flattened while stopping that runaway truck in Ultra Woman, so it's not impossible.

VirginiaR.
---
#136916 11/11/13 06:19 PM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Good memory--and good points about about his cape and Lois' shoes...so maybe it seems that the spandex is 'super protected' and anything else really isn't then thumbsup

#136917 11/12/13 05:05 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Which is also part of what was odd. A piece of his cape survived (Perry and Jimmy found it), but the Spandex, which should have been protected, wasn't.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#136918 11/12/13 05:25 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Which is also part of what was odd. A piece of his cape survived (Perry and Jimmy found it), but the Spandex, which should have been protected, wasn't.
I thought it was part of his "S" shield from his suit, not a part of the cape, which was found.

Also, if UW had to save Earth from Nightfall, what would have happened if she'd been found naked without any memories in a hole in Suicide Slum? Hmmmm. I'm thinking this deserves a spot over in "What if...?"

VirginiaR.
---
#136919 11/12/13 04:47 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
[b] Which is also part of what was odd. A piece of his cape survived (Perry and Jimmy found it), but the Spandex, which should have been protected, wasn't.
I thought it was part of his "S" shield from his suit, not a part of the cape, which was found.

Also, if UW had to save Earth from Nightfall, what would have happened if she'd been found naked without any memories in a hole in Suicide Slum? Hmmmm. I'm thinking this deserves a spot over in "What if...?" [/b]
<checks screencaps> Oh, wait, you're right. My bad. It WAS part of the shield. blush

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#136920 12/04/13 01:13 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
106. How did Clark's tea kettle get so dusty from "lack of use" by Man of Steel Bars, if he used it to make tea after his first shift at the Metro Club? (some 3 episodes earlier)

107. Who was Lex talking with on the phone with at the end IGaCoY? This person knew about Lex and Toni's joint effort with the Toasters, and somehow was able to get the toaster guns away from the police (this is assuming that the police picked up the Toasters after SM froze them) to be destroyed. Because Lex said that they have the blueprints to make more, if necessary.

VirginiaR.
---
#136921 12/05/13 12:57 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
108. Why did Superman assume that the cop (Burke) outside of Fort Metropolis knew where Lois was? He'd left her back at Clark's apartment with Alan, and yes, I know, she never stays put, and he didn't tell her to stay there, either. Why did he think she was going to be there?

108a. How did Lois and Alan know that Barnes was in the process of breaking into Fort Metropolis right then? I know they were invisible, but how did *they* get past the security?

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
#136922 12/06/13 02:27 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
A response to 68: Where did Clark's "spin thing" come from?

In the episode referenced when Clark was trying on multiple outfits for a date with Lois (yeah, women aren't the only ones who do that), when he decides on the "right one" he says "Smokin'!" and does this cartoon-like arm-swing/leg-lift before speeding off-camera. That episode came out at the same time Jim Carrey's version of "The Mask" was in national release, and that same move was one of The Mask's scenes just before he went to the night club to visit Tina (Cameron Diaz). It was an attempt to tie into the popularity of that movie without actually stealing anything from it and getting sued - although I don't know who'd admit it today. As well-built and well-defined as Dean Cain was in those days, he was never as flexible as Jim Carrey (but aside from professional contortionists, who is?).

And a response to 92: Does Lois ever sing professionally?

[begin blatant self-promotion]

You could check out my story "Play Some Mountain Music" over on the boards or on the archives. Lois is the bass player/vocalist for an all-female band named The Mountaintops, and she rocks! Look for Lucy and Wanda Detroit, too.

[end blatant self-promotion]

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#136923 12/06/13 06:03 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Terry Leatherwood:
A response to 68: Where did Clark's "spin thing" come from?

In the episode referenced when Clark was trying on multiple outfits for a date with Lois (yeah, women aren't the only ones who do that), when he decides on the "right one" he says "Smokin'!" and does this cartoon-like arm-swing/leg-lift before speeding off-camera. That episode came out at the same time Jim Carrey's version of "The Mask" was in national release, and that same move was one of The Mask's scenes just before he went to the night club to visit Tina (Cameron Diaz). It was an attempt to tie into the popularity of that movie without actually stealing anything from it and getting sued - although I don't know who'd admit it today. As well-built and well-defined as Dean Cain was in those days, he was never as flexible as Jim Carrey (but aside from professional contortionists, who is?).
It's been a while since I saw Lucky Leon (because other than the date, the weak A-plot was not one of my favorites), but I do recall catching the Mask reference when I first watched it (and that was in 2010). AND the Mask did do the spin thing to change as well. I had forgotten about that.

Total aside, my son often reminds me of a 6 y.o. Jim Carrey with his silliness, jokes, and dancing style. (I've even told him that. Of course, having never seen a Jim Carrey movie, he has no idea to whom I'm referring. laugh ) Carrey's raunchy comedy styling isn't exactly PG, so he'll have to wait a few more years before he'll catch that reference.

VirginiaR.
---
#136924 12/10/13 07:42 AM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I remember when watching Lucky Leon the first time in 1995, I caught the reference to The Mask from this episode...And the funny thing is, I don't think I had seen the movie at the time--probably enough talk about it though that I was able to pick it up? Anyway, have always enjoyed that part of the episode when they are both getting ready for an evening together.

LL definitely has somewhat of a weak A-plot, but for me anyway, the more I see any episode of the show, the more I tend to love all of it...there's something fun about the growing familiarity of any scene from the show--the more familiar the better--even the weaker, villian-type parts. I love it when lines from the show become second-nature--when you sit there and can just mouth along...it's fun, and comforting (in a strange, sort of way confused )...BATP, HOL, WWW, ATAI--all eps that have been watched (and watched.....and watched) blush ...among many others.

#136925 12/13/13 06:48 AM
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
I was reading some of Nan Smith's next generation fiction and I realized that this should be considered a dangling thread.

109. Did any of the NK invaders leave genetic traces of their visit?
110. Did any of the NK invaders defect?

Shallowford
Features Writer
Features Writer

I didn't recall the connection until I watched an old Wonder Woman episode with Lynda Carter. In an interview, she said she came up with Wonder Woman's spin from her experience as a dancer when they needed a way for her to change quickly. I wonder if Clark's was inspired by Wonder Woman. Her spin is slower than Clark's in LnC, a function I suspect of the evolution of special effects from the 1970s to 1990s.

Her spin also evolved in Season 1 from

Original [i]Wonder Woman[/i] Spin Change

to

later Season 1

The Superman movie (and maybe more than the first) with Christopher Reeve had a running joke with him unable to find a suitable phone booth to change.

It doesn't explain how he came up with it in canon, but may explain why it was a special effect.

Last edited by cuidadora; 03/05/18 10:25 PM.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Kerth
Kerth
I would absolutely love a story where Clark grew up watching Wonder Woman television shows, and he adopted a lot from her character in the show. The secret identity via glasses, the spin change, possibly more... Wonder Woman is supposed to have existed way before, so there's a way it could be written that she came on the scene, disappeared, and had some tall tales written and produced about her... years later, Clark comes to learn his childhood hero is not only real, but alive and well.

No more bunnies for Mouse, though. Mouse is tired.

Edit: No romantic overtones, though it would be fun to see Lois crazy jealous over Clark because of how he idolizes Wonder Woman. But it would just be a mundane childhood crush at most.

Last edited by Mouserocks; 03/10/18 04:24 AM. Reason: more ideas

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Mouserocks
I would absolutely love a story where Clark grew up watching Wonder Woman television shows, and he adopted a lot from her character in the show. The secret identity via glasses, the spin change, possibly more... Wonder Woman is supposed to have existed way before, so there's a way it could be written that she came on the scene, disappeared, and had some tall tales written and produced about her... years later, Clark comes to learn his childhood hero is not only real, but alive and well.

No more bunnies for Mouse, though. Mouse is tired.

Edit: No romantic overtones, though it would be fun to see Lois crazy jealous over Clark because of how he idolizes Wonder Woman. But it would just be a mundane childhood crush at most.
I love this idea, Mouse! I agree, it would work better without a romantic triangle.

VirginiaR.
---
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Originally Posted by Mouserocks

Or they have both been writing in Wonder Woman fanzines or bulletin boards and know each other from their pseudonyms. So a bonding moment when they find out.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard