Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
The Halloween Party Challenge is up. I grew up in a culture that believed in bible-themed alternatives to Halloween parties, so this Bizarro Challenge is going to have wings and a halo. smile

It comes in two heavenly flavors:

Heaven Challenge

Someone has died (or almost-died) and gone to the good place. Maybe they're just chilling for a bit until their mortal coil is fixed up, or maybe this really is their final reward. Maybe this person hasn't even been born yet. Who do they see? What do they do? Do they spy on the people down below, or do they kick back and enjoy retirement?

(This may blend well with a certain other October challenge )

Angels Challenge

It's tough being a guardian angel. How much tougher is it when your client is Superman or, boss forbid, Lois Lane? Or worse, what if you're in charge of sitting on Lex Luthor's right shoulder and persuading him that maybe murdering people isn't very nice?

Write this story from the POV of one or more of heaven's unseen agents as they try to avert disaster in Metropolis their own way.

Stories for either challenge can be any length, any genre, any mood, and feature any characters. smile

~•~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I have never been able to actually write a story but here is an idea I'd love to see. The secret history of the canon events. The shoulder angel for Lex gives up on trying the get Lex to do good things. They instead go for getting him to do stupid evil things, and that is why Lex's empire fell apart so fast and he got caught.

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
OMG, the "Angels" story fits in with my "Whom Gods Defend" (Might be titled "Whom God Defends" instead because we are actually talking about the archangels if I go with the plural) story I've been dabbling with! Basically it is the soulmate breakage from "Soul Mates." One quote from Wells in particular:

"Well, the curse is broken, Good and Evil are back in balance, and love, as it's wont to do has conquored all. Destiny has been kind to you. It has blessed you both with each other, no small gift indeed. There are a great many people who travel alone through their whole lives and envy what you two have. ... Try to remember that the next time the gods decide to test you.
The jist of my story (and feel free to use it as a challenge) is that if they had not made it through this cycle and broken the curse they would have slowly drifted away from each other in terms of all four forms of love (Eros/romance, Agape/unconditional love, and Phileo/friendship and Storge/affection) and would only follow one or the other (for example, the next cycle would have had them have only agape, Storge, or Phileo but not all four of them).

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The trouble with an "angel" challenge is that I automatically think of Chris Carr's Kerth-nominated and excellent story, Some Kind of Angel . She did it so well it's hard for me to think of an alternative.

And yes, I realize this is not helpful.... mecry

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Originally posted by Queen of the Capes:
It's tough being a guardian angel..worse..you're in charge of sitting on Lex Luthor's right shoulder and persuading him that maybe murdering people isn't very nice?
Dandello has a MovieVerse Superman tale that addresses that point saying about Luthor's Guardian Angel that
the poor being that had that dubious honor is now in the equivalent of a padded room screaming about monsters that walk on two legs.
Guardian Angels

Framework4

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard