Print Thread
#136670 08/31/13 04:24 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi FolCs!

Got an Alt-Beginning idea after watching some TV (Did You Hear About the Morgans?):

What if a pre-Season-1 Lois witness something and gets sent into temporary witness protection. It so happens that Rachel Harris is the one providing the safe house for the US Marshal Service. So, now we've got a Lois stuck in Smallville (not a happy premise at all) and a Clark Kent who's still traveling and just so happens to come home for the weekend.

Yeah, I know that we've currently got a Lois stuck between a hard place and her honeymoon on the boards. But her Clark isn't willing to do much more than be moody, so... Besides, this setup is quite different, I think. Right, Sue?

/sets bunny free on busy freeway, hoping it will survive like Lois does in Metropolis traffic/

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
Kerth
OH NO! BUNNY, NOOO!!! MUST. SAVE. BUNNY!!

hyper This is a fantastic idea. I can't save the bunny in time, unfortunately, as I've got WAY too much other stuff to handle, but I would love to read it! I loved "Did You Hear About the Morgans?" and think this would work out rather well. Somebody pick this up? Please? grovel

Oooh. Perhaps it has something to do with her Congo story, but she got too deeply involved before ever leaving Metropolis.

Maybe this is where Alt-Lois really disappeared to. And Alt-Clark just never goes back to Smallville to find out because of all the bad memories there. eek

/takes a quick picture of said bunny, just in case I want to remember and come back to it/ laugh

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
Maybe this is where Alt-Lois really disappeared to. And Alt-Clark just never goes back to Smallville to find out because of all the bad memories there. eek
I like this twist. evil

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I like this idea and I haven't really seen this before (at least Lois in Smallville outside of...well... "Smallville.") I really like that concept.

I know part of a story featuring a different universe version of Lois (Reeve movie version) has a similar concept but I don't feel ready to post it.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I read a story on the Archives, Michael, which I'm sure you've read. I thought it was LaraMoon or Queen of Cape's but when I looked through their story lists (since they have SO many stories), I couldn't figure out which one it was. Let's just say, Lois ends up in Witness Protection and Relocation pre-S1, but not in the way one would expect, and certainly NOT in Smallville.

Michael Wrote:
So, now we've got a Lois stuck in Smallville (not a happy premise at all) and a Clark Kent who's still traveling and just so happens to come home for the weekend.
Christina Wrote:
I like this idea and I haven't really seen this before (at least Lois in Smallville outside of...well... "Smallville.") I really like that concept.
This does remind me a bit the start of a Female Hawk story. Uh... Time To Love: Part 1 . Only Lois isn't in Witness Protection in FH's story.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh yes. I remember that one. wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Darth Michael:
<strong> Oh yes. I remember that one. clap Pure excellence, so I knew it had to be one of those two. wink

VirginiaR.
---
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Maybe this is where Alt-Lois really disappeared to. And Alt-Clark just never goes back to Smallville to find out because of all the bad memories there. [Eek!]
Hey, I read a story with this premise! /goes off to search it...

Got it!

Monday

Tuesday

Monday is from Clark's POV and Tuesday is from Lois's POV. Lois hides at the Kent farm with the help of Scardino and Jenna (they are married). She is known in Smallville as "Crazy Katie". thumbsup

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Top Banana
Top Banana
To me, this sounds a lot like the idea that Rona V. explored in her set Monday and Tuesday .

For anyone who hasn't seen these before, I suggest you take a look. I remember exchanging a few mails with Rona where I tried to encourage her to complete the week, but unfortunately this is all we have.

This story is unique in my experience in that it may the the only story with a common LnC character where I like that person.

Bob

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
hyper (had a slight feeling of deja-vu after my original posting but put it off into the realm of 'having gotten a weird feeling about this' and ignored the big giant laser focusing dish in the upper hemisphere of the giant ball-shaped space station.

wave Michael

Kerth
Kerth
clap Those stories were perfect! Never read them before, but that's exactly what I was hoping! Thanks for finding them!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
RE "Clean Break". Does that make her parents and Lucy government agents or other random witness protection people that are there to make them harder to find by making the family different then what people are looking for? If so what are their stories?

M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Thanks for the story recommendations! Those were good reads.

Originally posted by dcarson:
RE "Clean Break". Does that make her parents and Lucy government agents or other random witness protection people that are there to make them harder to find by making the family different then what people are looking for? If so what are their stories?
I was wondering the same thing. Maybe that's why she gets along so horribly with her parents.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Shayne Terry has a great story about alt-Lois and how she has kind of put herself into witness protection. It's Fugue .

An amnesiac alt-Clark (it's after Nightfall) sets off across the country and runs into Lois who is living as a recluse. Things happen after that. smile

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard