Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, writers and readers! Time to get your love on!

I was just having a discussion with Mrs. Luthor about how to show tone in a story. I showed her how I imply tone through use of dialogue tags and action, just by writing "I love you" in three different ways:

1. "I love you, too," Lois murmured, running her fingers down Clark's chest.

2. "I love you, too," Lois snapped, turning on her heel and marching from the office.

3. "I. Love. You. Lunkhead," Lois said, enunciating every word, especially the last.

Then, I wondered, how many ways there were to convey that one phrase, or emotion, in writing? So, here's my challenge:

How many ways can Lois and Clark say "I love you"?

Rules:

1. In one sentence (or short paragraph) convey the phrase "I love you" from either Lois to Clark or vice versa.

2. It cannot be duplicated in reverse, (as in "I love you, Lois," Clark said. AND "I love you, Clark," Lois said. Those two would be considered ONE answer.)

3. a)If you can, try to use the phrase "I love you" without adding more than one extra word of dialogue (excluding names). For example, above I added "too" and "lunkhead" as my one extra word.
3. b)Lois and Clark can express other emotions besides love, but in that case they MUST say the words "I love you" as their dialogue.
3. c)You may use *other* words, but *only* if the end result has the reader believing that they really do love one another.

EXCEPTIONS TO RULE #3:
4. a) Feel free to quote a line from canon (but please reference the episode).
4. b) If you quote your favorite line from a FanFic story, please also note the author's name and story title. (A link to the story would be a nice bonus too.)

(Labrat, if this is more FanFic Related, please move this thread there)

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
"I love you?" Lois said peeking up from where she hid her face.

"I love you," Clark said shaking his head slightly with just a tinge of a smile.

"I love you," Lois said with a husky sigh.

(Is this what you're looking for?

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Kerth
Kerth
7. "Because I love you!" Lois blurted, surprising even herself.

8. "I love you!" Clark shouted after her, trying to keep the panic out of his voice.

Fun challenge, Virginia! laugh smile1

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
9. "I love you...Daddy," Lois said, rubbing her not-yet-expanding belly.

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., I actually used something similar to this to tell my Mom that I was pregnant. When I gave her her Mother's Day card, I said, "Happy Mother's Day, Mom." After she read it, I gave her a second card, written as if it were from my not-yet-born son, and said, "Happy Mother's Day, Grandma." Since my son is her only grandchild, this worked like a charm to convey the news.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes, Christina. clap This is what I'm looking for. laugh

10. "Please," Clark whispered to the point of pleading. He leaned his face down to touch Lois's, causing his tears to fall onto her still cold cheek and closed eyes. "I love you."

11. "I hate you!" Lois yelled, grabbing Clark's face with both of her hands and kissing his lips harder than she had ever kissed any man before. "I hate you! I hate you. I... hate... you."

12. a) Clark knelt before Lois and held out the square box. "I brought you chocolate."
12. b) Lois gazed deeply into Clark's eyes and smiled at him with forgiveness. "You brought me chocolate?"

Lynn S.M. wrote:
I actually used something similar to this to tell my Mom that I was pregnant. When I gave her her Mother's Day card, I said, "Happy Mother's Day, Mom." After she read it, I gave her a second card, written as if it was from my not-yet-born son, and said, "Happy Mother's Day, Grandma." Since my son is her only grandchild, this worked like a charm to convey the news.
Awwwww. clap

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
A little shameless self promotion from my 2010 Valentines Day short Why? .

Lois:
"Because, my love, you were an idiot. Fortunately, you got better."
love

Bob

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
14. Lois lifted her hand and caressed his cheek. "I'm sorry, Superman, but I love Clark."

15. From 'Whine, Whine, Whine': CLARK: "I won't run, Lois. I'm ready for the next step if you are."

16. From 'We Have a Lot to Talk About...': CLARK (Superman): I'll wait for you, Lois. I'll wait as long as you need me to.

17. From 'We Have a Lot to Talk About...': LOIS: I want you to know... I love you. (places her hand on his face) You're not alone anymore.

VirginiaR.
---
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
From "Smart Kids" (although I'm the first to admit that it's a little bit of a stretch:

"You took advantage of a privileged interview situation to grab potentially incriminating evidence from an unsuspecting subject," she graps the lapels of his jacket and pulls him in close, almost close enough to kiss, "oh I love that!"

CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
19. "I love you, Mrs. Kent," Clark said, swinging Lois up into his arms and carrying her over the threshold of his apartment on Clinton Ave. His feet never even touched the ground.

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
20. "I love you, my darling little Tornado" Clark said as he set Lois down from having carried her over the threshold.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
21. From "Big Girls Don't Cry"

Clark:Lois, I have loved your from the beginning.

Lois:And I'll love you to the end.

John Pack Lambert
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
22. From "Pheromone, my Lovely":

Lois closes the door behind her. Her pale blue harem costume hints at what she has in mind for the evening. She wraps her arms around his shoulders and presses herself against him in an embrace. "I love you, Clark Kent. I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

23. (from a fic still in the drafting phase) Lois pulled her reluctant husband slowly towards her lips. "You love me, I love you..." she said before she pressed her lips seductively against his slightly open mouth, "so why aren't we doing anything about it?"

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
24. "I love you always" said Clark as he stared steadily into Lois's deep brown eyes.

John Pack Lambert
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
23. (from a fic still in the drafting phase) Lois pulled her reluctant husband slowly towards her lips. "You love me, I love you..." she said before she pressed her lips seductively against his slightly open mouth, "so why aren't we doing anything about it?"
Christina, that a perfect line! When is this fic going to be ready?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
24. From Voice from the Past:

CLARK: So, you don't love me?

LOIS: (her back to Clark) No. I don't. (Then she turns, a look of anguish. She mouths) "I Love You."
Does it count as "saying"?

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Ultra Woman:
24. From Voice from the Past:

CLARK: So, you don't love me?

LOIS: (her back to Clark) No. I don't. (Then she turns, a look of anguish. She mouths) "I Love You."
Does it count as "saying"?
It works for me. smile1

VirginiaR.
---
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by Morgana:
Christina, that a perfect line! When is this fic going to be ready?
It's going to be a bit. I keep juggling multiple different stories (one I've posted a part for so it's getting the brunt of my attention until it's finished.) This one's a "PML sequel" that takes place post-marriage.

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
25. "I'm sorry for being such a lunkhead. I love you, and hope you can forgive me" said Clark.

I post this one because this is how I feel in my realitionship, although I have been way more of a lunkhead than Clark ever was.

John Pack Lambert
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
C'mon, there's gotta be more than 25!

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
sorry wrong thread, please delete this message. Thank you

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard