Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#136586 08/04/13 09:29 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
So, rewatching a couple of episodes off my DVR, along with working on an anti-verse, I discovered once again why I always love the bad guys so much-- they get the best lines. So, I figured we could make a catalog of all our favorite villain lines, be they important or trivial, and hopefully make it to 100... I'll get the ball rolling.

1. "But you must remember-- that all that counts is winning. That ultimately, all that satisfies is power. And above all, might is right." (Lex Luthor, Vatman)

2. "You think that I don't love her? That I'm, what, incapable? Too consumed with evil to feel? *huh* What a simple world you live in. All the powers fate gave you-- how little you understand an ordinary man's heart and the lengths it will drive him to... Take her from me, and I will unleash all the forces of hell on this city." (Lex Luthor, Double Jeopardy)

^ I love Lex. And I love John Shea for playing Lex. And I love the writers of this show. Just thought I should throw those out there. These kinds of lines make me grin like crazy. laugh

98 more to go and counting!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I *love* Tempus, and would quote most of what he says here. So, these are my favorites from the top of my head (and a little help from the scripts, so my apologies, if they aren't exactly as they were on the show) from my favorite two Tempus episodes:

3. "Duh!" (Tempus to Lois, Tempus Fugitive)

4. "Well, that was worth the whole trip -- to actually meet the most galactically *stupid* woman who ever lived!" (Tempus to Lois, Tempus Fugitive)

5. "Please. I'll go to jail, I'll strap myself into the electric chair -- but don't make me listen to this!" (Tempus to Lois and Clark, Tempus Fugitive)

5. "It's good TV! Fun for the whole family! And then of course there're those magic words guaranteed to make it a ratings bonanza. 'Help! Superman! Save me!' Except there *is* no Superman," (Tempus to Wells, Tempus, Anyone?)

6. "Only thing that could ruin this'd be a commercial." (Tempus to Wells, Tempus, Anyone?)
6a - "Popcorn?" (Tempus to Wells, Tempus, Anyone?) - I'm not sure if this is an actual line (I don't have time to cue up TA, right now), so I'm adding it here.

7. "God, Herb, who writes your dialogue? You sound like The Prisoner of Zenda." (Tempus to Wells, Tempus, Anyone?)

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Tempus is my favourite villain; he's so much fun. And I love the way Lane Davies chewed the scenery with him.

8. How dumb was she?

9. God, I love irony. (This is definitely a tribute to Lane Davies, since the line itself is pretty bland; it was his delivery that made it for me.)

10. Lex's entire Little Red Ridinghood story in Vatman. It was so warped.

Also, I'd like to expand #3:
3a) Hello! Duh! CLARK KENT IS SUPERMAN! (Actually, I'd like to quote the whole glasses-no-glasses speech, but that would get a little lengthy.)

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Let's not forget Mindy Church:

11. Can a store keep you warm at night? Can a store call you 'honey bunny? Can a store.... What else can't stores do?

12. I'm just a bird in a gilded case!

13. I love kids. I mean, I used to be one.

Andreia devil

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Tempus did actually include the Popcorn line.

John Pack Lambert
E
EL Offline
Blogger
Blogger
E
I always thought Mindy was hilarious. My favorite line of hers...

14. I had a kind of a thought.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
15. Tempus: Lois, consider your future as a charcoal briquette.

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard