Next Thread
Print Thread
#136340 05/21/13 05:24 PM
J
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
J
I just recently watched "Forget me Not" and notivced that while Clark's parents try to visit Lois in Deter's facility, Lois' parents never show up. I was thinking it might be interesting to have a story where Lois' parents show up, and see what they thing of Clark really, and if they sense what Deter is up to. I can just see Sam Lane seeing Deter as a no good philanderer who violates basic patient ethics and doing something about it.

Sam:I am going to get Lois away from that doctor, he is hitting on her, it is unethical.

Ellen:At least he does not have a wife he is violating vows to.

Sam:At least I never tried to establish sexual relations with my patients.

Ellen:That is only because you were in sports medicine, and treated all male boxers. If you had been doing ballet related medicine.

Sam:I did for a while treat women gymnasts, and I never tried to develop personal relationships with them. What Dr. Deter is doing is a disgrace to his profession, and I will not stand for it.

John Pack Lambert
#136341 05/21/13 06:25 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I could see this happening. It would be nice to have another doctor in Clark's corner. Did they ever say in "FMN" where Ellen and Sam were?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#136342 05/22/13 06:26 PM
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Sam and Ellen should have a much easier time getting a say in Lois's treatment than Clark did, since they are actually her next of kin. I read a story a while back where Clark realizes that they were technically married as soon as they signed the marriage license, so as Lois's husband, he is able to get her away from Deter much sooner. Sam and Ellen should be able to pull this off, as well. And Deter couldn't as easily justify keeping their relationship as her parents away from Lois as he did when he pulled that garbage on Clark.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
#136343 05/23/13 04:30 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The story is Trusting You, Trusting Me by Female Hawk.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#136344 05/23/13 05:32 PM
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Thanks Morgana. I've got a bad memory for details, so I usually forget the titles and authors, even when I really love the stories. I've just read so many good ones! smile And I can't remember what other stories Female Hawk has written, except for Once Bitten, since I'm in the middle of that one, but I know I've loved every story of hers that I've read, so I hope she takes no offense.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
#136345 05/23/13 05:46 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ummm... But Deter wasn't in 'Trusting You, Trusting Me' and Lois doesn't lose her memory in it.

huh But wasn't it the clone who signed the marriage license, not Lois? That was when Luthor kidnapped her, wasn't it?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#136346 05/24/13 03:59 AM
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Iolan said in the thread about the amnesia episodes:
Along similar lines, in Carol M's fic In Sickness And In Health, Clark was legally married to Lois and is able to remove her from Dr. Deter's care.
I think this is the one I was thinking of.

#136347 05/25/13 12:47 PM
J
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by mrsMxyzptlk:
Thanks Morgana. I've got a bad memory for details, so I usually forget the titles and authors, even when I really love the stories. I've just read so many good ones! smile And I can't remember what other stories Female Hawk has written, except for Once Bitten, since I'm in the middle of that one, but I know I've loved every story of hers that I've read, so I hope she takes no offense.
Well, she did write "Aussie Rules", which is a must read if you want to understand why she uses the name "female Hawk" (although until I read Aussie Rules I just figured it was related to "Just Say Noah").

John Pack Lambert
#136348 05/25/13 12:53 PM
J
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Ummm... But Deter wasn't in 'Trusting You, Trusting Me' and Lois doesn't lose her memory in it.

huh But wasn't it the clone who signed the marriage license, not Lois? That was when Luthor kidnapped her, wasn't it?
Well, I think the story people were mentioning above was "In Sickness and In Health" by Carol M, where evidently Luthor did not kidnap Lois until after she had signed.

Another issue is since the clone would sign in Lois's name, Clark could present the signed wedding license with the Lois Lane signature as proof he is legally married to Lois Lane and just hope that Deter goes along with it.

The main reason why this was not done by Clark in canon is because by the time he realizes that he does not want Lois with Deter, she is cognizant of things enough to at least challange someone else acting as her gaurdian.

The frustrating thing is deter keeping Clark's parents away makes sense, but if it was Lois's parents, than it would not make sense.

I can just see Deter trying to convince Sam and Ellen that he is a better husband for Lois than Clark and having it cause them to team up with Clark to try and get her back.

John Pack Lambert

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard