Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I know that Deadly Chakram already covered in Specimen S what would have happened if someone evil raised Clark instead of the Kents.

But what would Sam and Ellen Lane have done if they had discovered a baby girl in a spaceship that had fallen out of the skies? Would they raised her as their own? Or would she have been a frog in a lab? Would they have raised her normally at first, and then started doing tests on young Lois when she hit puberty? (As if Lois's teenage years hadn't been hard enough as it was.) Would Ellen have kept Lois's ever growing powers from Sam, so he *wouldn't* put her in a lab? How would Lois have turned out differently? Especially since she already hates her parents for how they raised her?

hyper Curious minds want to know! (Also, let me know if anyone has tackled this theme before. Thanks.)

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oooh! Good questions! Given Sam's distaste for never having sons, I'm not sure he'd automatically hop on board with raising Lois as a daughter. But, as a scientist, I can see him maybe wanting to keep her around as a lab experiment.

Now, what if Ellen Lane was utterly unable to conceive a child at all, and they knew it? (Like the Kents.) Perhaps that might have changed Sam's mind. And, if he *did* accept her as a daughter, would that have made him more protective or her? Would she have been raised like Clark - to hide her abilities? Would Sam have passed on the opportunity to experiment on an alien? Would he have looked at raising Lois to control her powers AS the experiment? Would Lois have been raised in such a way that she would have wanted to don a costume and help the world, like Clark did?

Would raising a daughter like Lois, with certain special needs (ie. - learning not to break the couch when sitting down heavily) have brought Sam and Ellen closer? Would they still have divorced - with it being too difficult? Would Ellen have started drinking earlier? Or would she have abstained, for Lois' sake?

I see a wealth of different ways this story could go...

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
You have to read " A matter of destiny" by ML Thompson (in 3 parts, on the Archive). It's an excellent story.

A Matter of Destiny Part One

A Matter of Destiny Part Two

A Matter of Destiny Part Three

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Clark is human Lois is kryptonian has been done and quite well as linked above. Having Lois have as a sister Kara Zor-El (Supergirl) would be interesting. Having her recognize that Clark is kryptonian before he appears as Superman because he does some of the same things to hide his powers as her sister does would be amusing. Giving her the name Linda even fits.

I can see Sam being interested in learning what the limits of her powers are and doing experiments but he isn't a evil person. So the relationship between her and Sam would be about the same as Lois's is I'd expect.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by dcarson:
Clark is human Lois is kryptonian has been done and quite well as linked above.
I'll have to check that out. <<adds yet another MLT story to her reading list>>

Having Lois have as a sister Kara Zor-El (Supergirl) would be interesting. Having her recognize that Clark is kryptonian before he appears as Superman because he does some of the same things to hide his powers as her sister does would be amusing. Giving her the name Linda even fits.
So, have the Lanes (and their baby daughter Lois) find Kara's spaceship and raise her as their "adopted" daughter Linda? (Or we could call her 'Lucy') Is that what you mean? Yes, that could be fun.

I can see Sam being interested in learning what the limits of her powers are and doing experiments but he isn't a evil person. So the relationship between her and Sam would be about the same as Lois's is I'd expect.
But he *could* be. clap Great idea!

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
There was one that I read that had Lois being found in a spaceship... The Girl Next Door by Janet Owens (aka TicAndToc).

There are a couple of good twists in it, and it's a long fic.

Anyone else? smile

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I would say there are still lots more angles possible in the Lois is super department. The story above involved Lois showing up using a pseudonym. So there still is lots of space for Lois showing up using Lois. I mean in canon Sam Lane was into reconstuctive sports medicine. If Lois is super and never breaks a bone how would that even intersect with his work.

Altrernatively, in the comic and most other Superman media Sam Lane is not a doctor. So if he is not a doctor, he is not likely to have exposed Lois. So I think we have lots of options there.

This is an alternate take on the gender-bender option.

John Pack Lambert
Top Banana
Top Banana
I love this idea (Lois being Kryptonian) but after Janet's fabulous The Girl Next Door I wouldn't touch that one. I'm not saying that there isn't a good story there, but any story I would try to develop would be hopelessly tainted by TGND. However, if someone comes up with a really good - yet different - slant on that story, I'd give it a chance.

For me, the interesting idea is that Lucy is Kryptonian. I think that has all kinds of potential. I've had plot-bunnies running around my head since I first saw this thread. I'm tempted to share, but I may try to write one of those stories, so no hints for now. cool

Bob

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by bobbart:
For me, the interesting idea is that Lucy is Kryptonian. I think that has all kinds of potential. I've had plot-bunnies running around my head since I first saw this thread. I'm tempted to share, but I may try to write one of those stories, so no hints for now. cool
[Linked Image] I hear Marcus is a great source of information on Super Girl, if you want Lucy to be Kara.

VirginiaR.
---
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
His Supergirl Returns series is excellent and has lots of crossovers. DC Universe (movieverse) / NCIS / West Wing / Bones / Dr. Who / NCIS LA / Rockford Files / Castle / Hancock / Batteries Not Included / Torchwood / Avengers(UK) / SJA / Buffy / Veronica Mars / West Wing / Warehouse 13 / Stargate / Young Wizards. Many of those are just one shot cameos or dimension hopping but several are through the whole series.

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I could see a case where Sam starts keeping track of her changes and trying to use it to his advantage (coming up with advancements for humans based upon her abilities, but I suspect it would be mostly just a notebook documenting her abilities. He probably would bring in a few other experts on aliens but find himself mostly disgusted with their lack of understanding. Lois would probably rebel from all of that (at least for a while) leading to her travel around the world.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Originally posted by dcarson:
Having Lois have as a sister Kara Zor-El (Supergirl) would be interesting.
Or you could cross this with the May Bizarro challenge and make Lois be Kara.... evil

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard