Next Thread
Print Thread
#136167 03/26/13 12:22 PM
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
One of the major differences with L&C from the rest of Superman, comic and or movies, is Clark Kent.

In the Movie'Verse especially Clark is a stumbling wimp, merely a mask worn by Superman.
An example from Superman II

In L&C Clark Kent is the person, Superman is merely what he can do.

How about a fic wherein Clark arrives in Metropolis already thinking about a Superman costume. He is determined to find a way to help. So he adopts the wimp role, wares ill fitting oversized suits, acts like he knows nothing about sports and tries very hard to hide in the background. A person that Cat Grant does not even notice, let alone make a pass at.

He covers the dog show circuit, does human interest pieces and avoids making friends with anyone working at the Daily Planet.

I have always felt that one reason L&C's Lois, unlike comic or movie'Verse Lois, who jumped out a window to prove Superman is Clark Kent, never suspected Clark of being Superman is her attraction to Clark, the way he stood up to her and clearly was her equal.

In the Movie"verse Lois Lane finds out and says "It is you, I guess I\'ve know for the longest time."

So a L&C Lois confronted by a L&C Clark trying to hide behind a wimpy Clark facade is something Lois would see through. She might not see Superman but she would suspect something.

I think this could put quite a spin on some early season one and two episodes. Picture "The Green, Green Glow of Home", Perry never even realizes Clark comes from Smallville, sends Lois off to cover the story all by herself. She meets the Kents and many people who know a vastly different Clark Kent than the one she has met.

Or "STRANGE VISITOR (From Another Planet)" but Trask only goes after Lois, ignoring Clark Kent as he did the rest of the Daily Planet staff. Where Clark does not go to the warehouse and does not find the Globe, instead Lois asks Superman about the ship she saw, and shows him the globe she stole from it.

Or in the Pilot, Clark does not go to Lex Luthor's ball with Lois, never cuts in on the dance, never even meets Luthor face to face, and does not confront him at the end of the episode.

Or picture "PHEROMONE, MY LOVELY", but with Lois focusing on Superman and ignoring Clark. Picture Clark investigating and locating Miranda and taking her down while Lois is still acting lovesick over Superman. How suspicious would Lois be of this backbencher who stepped up to the plate and yet the next day is back to acting like a wimp?

I got thinking about this when I was reading the graphic novel in which there is a scene where Clark Kent tells Superman he, Clark, is not the man Lois loves.

Framework4
#136168 03/26/13 05:42 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hmmmm...for the GGGGOH idea - Rachel DID tell Lois she wanted to swap Clark stories... wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#136169 03/29/13 01:21 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This idea has decidedly interesting possiblities!

Any takers?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#136170 04/04/13 03:05 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I have always figured one of the things I like about L&C is that Clark is not an incompetent cover for Superman but a real person in his own right. This would seem a betrayal of that.

John Pack Lambert

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard