Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#136009 01/27/13 06:54 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Just popped into my head and I thought I'd share. Are there any stories out there where the Superman clone from Vatman had a kid before he died? And if not, anyone feel up to writing it? I think it has some interesting potential. Could also add a lot more drama to the chip-off-the-old-Clark thing too. I mean, technically, any offspring of the clone would have his DNA too...

/back to homework/

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#136010 01/31/13 04:27 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
That would be a twist.

Superman:This is not my son.

Dr. Klein:The DNA says it is.

Lois:You lied to me.

John Pack Lambert
#136011 02/01/13 08:51 AM
Kerth
Kerth
It would make more sense if the clone was a baby, since that's what a clone would be; a baby identical twin.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#136012 02/01/13 09:43 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by Marcus Rowland:
It would make more sense if the clone was a baby, since that's what a clone would be; a baby identical twin.
Actually, this makes me think of another story somewhere on the archives about Clark being a freelance reporter and having a "son" who happens to be his clone, but the kid's deaf... Don't recall the name or author, though. That would be another interesting twist though. Lex clones Superman in hopes of creating a super man of his own, and is confronted with the problem of the clones from Star Wars (no way that he'd come up with the growth acceleration idea quickly enough). Ooh. And then Lex would be raising a super child as his own son... lots of possibilities where that one leads.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#136013 02/10/13 08:32 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I had an idea along the baby clone line. At the end of Vatman Lex would ask Nigel if the other one was safe, we would learn that the other one would be a baby clone of superman that is being carrie by a woman lex is paying. Lois would learn of the baby (but not his true identity until further into the story) as she is made he baby's guardian in Lex's will. Clark is conflicted with wanting to help Lois and the baby being Lex's (as he thinks)

Thanks for the love
Thanks for the guidance
Thanks for the TARTAN PRIDE HA!

Can't Stop Me Now - Rod Stewart - Time 2013
#136014 02/18/13 04:07 AM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Actually, this makes me think of another story somewhere on the archives about Clark being a freelance reporter and having a "son" who happens to be his clone, but the kid's deaf... Don't recall the name or author, though.
That would be Sunrei's Above Alt Else . Excellent story.

This is a fun idea. So how could Clark get custody? Would he need to confide in Dr. Klein? How long would it take for Lois to get over the "betrayal"?

#136015 02/18/13 11:30 PM
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Lois would learn of the baby (but not his true identity until further into the story) as she is made he baby's guardian in Lex's will.
Or it could go the evil route...Clark keeps hearing the baby cry telepathically but can't find him.

Shallowford
#136016 02/19/13 03:30 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Of course, just to make the story even more messed up, Luthor's agents could drug Lois and then implant the clone into her while she is not conscious.

Then when she comes to she realizes she is pregnant, and figures she was raped.

eek for more eek factor, the clone could be formed by mixing Lois and Superman's DNA. So then when she finds out the father is Superman, she thinks he has betrayed her.

John Pack Lambert
#136017 02/19/13 04:52 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Of course, just to make the story even more messed up, Luthor's agents could drug Lois and then implant the clone into her while she is not conscious.
May I recommend "Double Jeopardy" by StopQuitDont. Major WHAM warning, though.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#136018 02/24/13 11:03 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, I came up with another scenario that I like, and probably would have used if I hadn't already pledged not to make "Wrong Clark" another baby-involved epic...

Clark and Superman disappear after the first mission to battle Nightfall. Instead of landing in Metropolis, he returns to Smallville. So, when Luthor invites Lois to stay inside the ark, she agrees (BTW: this happens at least 24 hours before the second Nightfall piece is due to impact). Lex leaves Lois alone in the ark to get situated while he fetches (or orders someone to fetch) her belongings, not letting her leave in case she changes her mind.

Lois wanders around and finds a locked door, which of course, draws her curiosity. After picking the lock, she discovers the Vatman clone and thinks that it's Clark and that Luthor is holding him prisoner. (No slicked back hair, no Suit, so she doesn't think of Superman.) She frees Vatman from his cage and takes him back to her fake-apartment. They make love, with her believing the whole time, that this is Clark.

When Lois tells him that Lex is holding her prisoner, too, and about the asteroid, Vatman confesses that he's really "Superman". Lois convinces him to stop Nightfall, so he busts them out of the ark (up the elevator shaft?) and they return to Clark's apartment where they search and find Clark's uniforms. Vatman puts one on and goes to save Earth from Nightfall. Out of spite, he sends a piece of the asteroid down to destroy LexTower (or the building above where he was kept prisoner in the ark), killing Lex, Nigel, and Dr. Leek, and destroying access to the bunker. But this last bit of revenge, used up his last bit of super powers, (due to his imperfect clone DNA and therefore, having become vulnerable, or something), and he dies, never returning to Earth.

Afterwards when Clark doesn't return to Metropolis, Lois contacts the Kents. They tell her he is with them and that he has amnesia. Lois confesses to the Kents that she knows that he's Superman and that they had begun a relationship right before he left on the mission. The Kents don't realize that Lois meant this last mission, and she doesn't realize this isn't the same man she found down in the ark. She thinks that this amnesia came from his most recent battle with Nightfall. Lois heads out to Kansas and Clark, of course, falls in love with her at first sight (second sight?). She convinces the Kents to let her bring Clark back to Metropolis and see if being around familiar stuff there will bring back his memories.

Clark remains in her care in Metropolis and she takes him under her wing, teaching him the ropes at the DP, and hoping that the familiar surroundings bring back his memories. It is only after Lois announces that she's pregnant with his child that Clark recovers his memories. He's so happy that he and Lois are together, and that she's pregnant with his child, he doesn't question the timing much at first. But as time wears on, and facts -- he doesn't remember, but Lois does -- don't add up, Clark realizes that something is wrong.

At sometime in the future, while visiting the Prometheus space station or getting rid of a bomb or something, Clark discovers the lifeless dead body of Vatman floating in space.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#136019 03/01/13 03:07 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Virginia, I am glad you did not put the Lois/Vatman/Clark scenario you wrote into "Wrong Clark". It would just be too emotionally disturbing.

John Pack Lambert

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard