Next Thread
Print Thread
#135987 01/24/13 04:14 PM
J
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
J
I have noticed there are lots of stories where Lois finds out earlier in the plot that CK=SM, some even in the Pilot. However there are not many stories where Lois finds out later.

So I was thinking it would be neat to write adaptations of season 3 episodes where Lois does not know that CK=SM. You can a-assume that the events in "And the Answer Is" just did not happen, b-assume that Lois did not figure out the truth during that episode or c-ignore the issue of why Lois does not know.

You can also have Lois find out in the episode, jsut at the start she does not know. You can also do as much of the episode or as many episodes as you want to meet this fanfiction challenge.

John Pack Lambert
#135988 01/24/13 04:32 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooooh. hyper This sounds like fun! I hope someone jumps on this bandwagon. laugh

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#135989 01/24/13 05:07 PM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Lois: "So, let me get this straight -- you're going away to visit your extended biological family, who are hard-core Civil War re-enactors, and you don't know how long you'll be gone. You can't call me because there are absolutely no phones in the area, and I can't come with you because I'm a 'yankee'? is that about right? You know what, Clark? I think I like your adopted family a lot better. Just get back as soon as you can, and stay out of any canon-fire; I have to get to work on this New Krypton story for Perry." laugh

~•~
#135990 01/24/13 05:15 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Queen of the Capes:
Lois: "So, let me get this straight -- you're going away to visit your extended biological family, who are hard-core Civil War re-enactors, and you don't know how long you'll be gone. You can't call me because there are absolutely no phones in the area, and I can't come with you because I'm a 'yankee'? is that about right? You know what, Clark? I think I like your adopted family a lot better. Just get back as soon as you can, and stay out of any canon-fire; I have to get to work on this New Krypton story for Perry." laugh
rotflol rotflol rotflol That's all I have to say.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#135991 01/25/13 03:59 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Or as a variation (taken from 'All-Star Superman' and some of the early comics) - Clark tries to tell her and things keep getting in the way of her believing (like mild kryptonite exposure, Myxy, etc) and/or she simply decides that Superman does a really good impersonation of Clark. party

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
#135992 01/25/13 10:06 AM
Kerth
Kerth
I think I read a funny story somewhere (might have actually been a Superman movieverse, though it could have been here) where Clark didn't tell her until their wedding day. She passed out in shock and then Martha was totally railing on Clark about how he couldn't have told her yet. Something about the right time never happening. :rolleyes:

clap

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#135993 01/25/13 04:33 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap clap clap

<chokes on cookie>

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#135994 01/26/13 04:25 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Brilliant! clap

.talk nerdy to me.
#135995 01/26/13 11:57 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I won't quite it again, Queenie, but I did like your reference to "canon-fire" because the weapon's spelling is "cannon" and the way I read your comment was that Lois was going to clobber Clark with the truth from the L&C "canon" once he got back from his <cough-cough> Civil War reenactment with his "extended biological family."

That would be the perfect time to bring Daniel Scardino back into her life. She might just decide to settle for "Mr. Good Enough" this time.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#135996 01/26/13 12:07 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
I think I read a funny story somewhere (might have actually been a Superman movieverse, though it could have been here) where Clark didn't tell her until their wedding day. She passed out in shock and then Martha was totally railing on Clark about how he couldn't have told her yet. Something about the right time never happening. :rolleyes:

clap
I know I read that story, too, so it must be from our archive. If only I could recall the title or author...

I also remember reading another story where Clark loses his powers - seemingly permanently - after being held captive in Luthor's kryptonite cage. As a regular Joe, Clark manages to woo Lois, and he finally marries her without telling her he used to be Superman. But guess what? His powers come back, albeit slowly...

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#135997 01/26/13 12:54 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Lara Joelle Kent:
I also remember reading another story where Clark loses his powers - seemingly permanently - after being held captive in Luthor's kryptonite cage. As a regular Joe, Clark manages to woo Lois, and he finally marries her without telling her he used to be Superman. But guess what? His powers come back, albeit slowly...
oooooh. That one sounds good too. It sounds a bit like what happened in comic verse, Earth 2, (only without the cage). Let me know if you remember the title.

VirginiaR.
---
#135998 01/26/13 03:32 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Maybe he'll tell her when the kids take their first flight.

.talk nerdy to me.
#135999 02/16/13 04:13 PM
J
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
J
I really can't see Clark making it much past the marriage not telling Lois, unless there are some agrevating situations.

"Ordinary People" would be an interesting episode if Lois does not know and is just mulling Clark's proposal. Much beyond that is really difficult to see with Lois not knowing.

John Pack Lambert
#136000 02/16/13 05:23 PM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Come to think, I remember a brief little ficlet in the archive wherein Lois discovers that her husband is Superman, so to get even, she comes on to Superman and then pretends to Clark that she and the superhero were having an affair. I don't recall the title, though.

Possible circumstances that could lead to Clark not telling his wife:

1. He lost his powers long ago, and figured it would not be an issue anymore

2. He has amnesia or a dissociative disorder

3. He is just *that* much of a lunk-head evil

Edited: Had the wrong emoticon and didn't even realize. :rolleyes:

~•~
#136001 02/16/13 05:33 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
3. He is just *that* much of a lunk-head hyper
rotflol Nah. wink

There's also that one where he doesn't know he's Superman because Superman's an alternate personality and Clark blacks out when he becomes Superman.

VirginiaR.
---
#136002 02/19/13 03:18 PM
J
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
J
Of course there is another closely related development suggested here. What if Lois answers Clark's question in a way that does not reveal she knows that he is Superman.

Would he really have the corage to tell her if she said yes?

I can picture it know. He puts off telling her because he wants to bask in the happiness of her being engaged to him. He is going to tell her, just not yet.

So at the Church's party Lois is under the table and whispers "Clark, I know you can hear me, becuase I know you are Superman. I was hoping you would tell me, but no time now, I need your help undoing this bomb."

John Pack Lambert

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard