Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Isn't it SO the case that when you have NO time to write, you get all the ideas you'd love to write?

Every once in a while (daily) I have to open my phone's notepad and jot an idea down, but I never get a chance to actually expand on them because I'm so busy with school & looking for an internship in a lab. Anyways, I thought I'd throw some of these out there and see if

a: anyone wants to take them and run with them in their own direction

or

b: if there are already stories with these ideas as a basis that might be interesting to read/mention.

& pretty please post links to them here if you know of any or write anything that sprouts from these because I'd love to read them on my long bus commutes!

Bloody Superman
This is sort of a take on Bloody Mary. I got the idea around Halloween (big surprise). My thought process was that it's later years, and at some point Superman lost his powers (permanently) in a bloody battle in which Superman died (clark is doing just fine living as a normal guy, though I'm sure he has some issues) Anyways, like bloody mary, kids play the game in the mirror or spin around three times (whatever your lore states) and something appears in the mirror... but obviously its not Superman, so who could it be? wink

Viral
What if Lois and Clark were invited to spend a week on an underwater (submarine) colony, and everyone got near-death (maybe some do die?) sick with some kind of bug that is spreading rapidly... except Clark? Will Lois, in her delirium notice that he's the only one who isn't sick?

Wanda Detroit
What if Clark got Lois back when she thought she was Wanda, and he had to deal with an alternative version of his fiance while he figured out how to convince her that she was upstanding reporter, Lois Lane, not smokey bar singer, Wanda Detroit?

Untitled
This one was just a quick thought that sprouted because I was thinking about Sam Lane's indiscretions when Lois and Lucy were kids. Maybe he has an illegitimate son that Lois or Lucy (probably Lucy) meets, and it comes out that he's their half brother.

Well, those are all I have in my phone right now, but I thought I'd throw them out there for anyone looking to work on something but lacking ideas.

Me muse es su muse laugh

.talk nerdy to me.
Kerth
Kerth
'Untitled' is a fascinating idea. Lois with a brother. eek

Does Sam know? Does Ellen know? Does the son/brother know the identity of his father? What does Lois think when she meets him (assuming she doesn't know who he is yet)? How does she react when she does know?

Corrina.

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I really like the Wanda Detroit idea. I might try to work with it. Since Luthor is a wanted criminal, it really made no sense for Clark to let him take Lois no matter what she said. Also, since Jimmy tells Clark what is going on, it makes no sense he introduces himself as Clark and not by his last name, so there are multiple ways to start it.

John Pack Lambert
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Originally posted by John Lambert:
I really like the Wanda Detroit idea. I might try to work with it. Since Luthor is a wanted criminal, it really made no sense for Clark to let him take Lois no matter what she said. Also, since Jimmy tells Clark what is going on, it makes no sense he introduces himself as Clark and not by his last name, so there are multiple ways to start it.
I always thought that too about him introducing himself. I can't wait to see if you come up with something!

.talk nerdy to me.
Kerth
Kerth
I've got one I'd like to add to this list, for anybody to pick up...

Clark is disconsolate at a bar in Metropolis (perhaps he's just broken up with Lana, or just got rejected by Perry at the Planet without having met Lois) and meets Lex Luthor somehow. They strike up a conversation and against all odds become fast friends. Clark later gets his job at the Planet through Lex, and meets Lois, instantly falling for her. Unfortunately, he meets her through Lex Luthor, and realizes they're a thing... evil

^I have had this idea for a while now, but I've already got a Lois/Lex/Clark triangle story in the works so it's not gonna come from me. But it's interesting to me so someone else could take a whack at it. laugh Btw, MrsL, all your ideas sound great! I do wish you or someone else would write them.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
Clark is disconsolate at a bar in Metropolis (perhaps he's just broken up with Lana, or just got rejected by Perry at the Planet without having met Lois) and meets Lex Luthor somehow. They strike up a conversation and against all odds become fast friends. Clark later gets his job at the Planet through Lex, and meets Lois, instantly falling for her. Unfortunately, he meets her through Lex Luthor, and realizes they're a thing... evil
This is an interesting idea, MouseRock, my only quibble being that I cannot picture either Lex or Clark hanging out in a bar, drinking, and if they were, it wouldn't be the same bar.

If we tweak it to let's say Lex owned a sports team. His bi-plane lands at a small airport for repairs / due to weather, where Clark is in town for a story for some small paper. They both end up in a bar and strike up a conversation over said sports team, which they both happen to be watching. Then the conversation branches out to other topics as Clark they wait for the weather to clear, person to become available to interview, etc.

Perhaps, later on, Lex contacts Clark to join a new newspaper he bought, the Daily Planet and Perry teams Clark up with Lois because he doesn't trust Clark being that Lex hand-picked him. Lois is annoyed about the newbie reporter being tied to her rockets... the next week, Lex comes by to pick Lois up for the opera, Clark learns his partner (with whom he's fallen in love, naturally) is dating his friend / paper owner Lex, which then leads into FlyHard.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
I've got one I'd like to add to this list, for anybody to pick up...

^I have had this idea for a while now, but I've already got a Lois/Lex/Clark triangle story in the works so it's not gonna come from me. But it's interesting to me so someone else could take a whack at it. laugh Btw, MrsL, all your ideas sound great! I do wish you or someone else would write them.
I'd read this in a heartbeat! I hope someone picks it up as well!

.talk nerdy to me.

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard