Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#135759 11/25/12 06:55 PM
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
What would happen if one of the characters from LnC suddenly found herself/himself in an earlier episode of the show, but with all of the knowledge/experience they've gained since that time? cool

The rules of this challenge are simple:

1. Pick ONE, and ONLY ONE character from the show to be the time-traveler in this experiment. This can be ANYBODY: Clark, Lois, Lex, Jimmy, the Kents...Anyone. (H.G. Wells or Tempus don't count towards this and can be used freely to help move the plot along, if required).

2. This character, either accidentally or on purpose, knowingly or unknowingly, willingly or un--you get the idea, winds up in a past episode of the show, in their younger body. Only their mind/soul/etc is from the future.

3. This character can be taken from any episode, and can be sent back to any episode. It could be earlier in the same season, or an earlier season all together.

4. Fics can be any size, mood, type, etc. It doesn't matter if they're short or long, funny or dramatic, waffy or angsty. They can be 1 sentence or 100 parts. It's completely up to you. smile

5. Please post links to the resulting stories in this thread. ^_^

Now, need some inspiration?

*How about S4 Clark waking up in S1? wink
*Or a Clark from the *end* of S1 finding himself at the beginning of it all over again? evil
*S4 Lois vs. Mayson Drake? laugh
*LEX? (Need I say more at all? devil )

Well, FoLCs? What do you think? Who's going to rewrite history for the better, and who's going to make things worse? cool

~•~
#135760 11/26/12 02:23 AM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
There are at least two instances like this that I can think of. One of them was an n-fic called "Oops...The destruction of Utopia" (I think, I'm just going off the top of my head.)

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#135761 11/26/12 04:04 AM
Kerth
Kerth
I wrote one a few years ago where S2 Lois switched places with her future self during 'The Phoenix'. It was called Ricochet . smile

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#135762 11/26/12 07:12 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I think Zoomway might have written something along those lines at some point - although the title is escaping me, right now.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#135763 11/26/12 08:46 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooooh! Just an evil idea: What if someone (let's call him 'Tempus') opens a time window just before Lex reshapes his body on the pavement in front of Lex Tower? And then Lex ends up back at the White Orchid Ball, maybe even right at the thunderclap wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#135764 11/26/12 11:33 AM
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Originally posted by LabRat:
I think Zoomway might have written something along those lines at some point - although the title is escaping me, right now.

LabRat smile
Persistence of Memory. ^^ It's one of my faves, and partly what inspired the challenge. smile

I've read the other two also, although now I'll have to re-read ricochet because it's been *way* too long. laugh

~•~
#135765 11/28/12 10:10 AM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I just posted a story "Wanda and Lola" to the story section that involves Wanda Detroit getting transported back to being Lola Dame.

John Pack Lambert
#135766 11/29/12 08:53 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Here is my take on addressing this challenge: Myxover

Bob

#135767 12/01/12 03:49 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I just came up with an idea. What if Season-4 Lois gets sent back to Honeymoon in Metropolis, specifically to the point that Clark is kissing her to fool the maid?

I might write it, but I am not sure if I trust myself with it.

John Pack Lambert
#135768 12/02/12 09:37 AM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by John Lambert:
I just came up with an idea. What if Season-4 Lois gets sent back to Honeymoon in Metropolis, specifically to the point that Clark is kissing her to fool the maid?

I might write it, but I am not sure if I trust myself with it.
During "Ooops...(or the Destruction of Utopia)"

Newlywed Lois and Clark's souls have been hopping about (mostly separately but sometimes together) in time. During their jump to Honeymoon in Metropolis Lois (who had just jumped from the episode where Clark tells her that they are not able to have biological children together) tells Clark that they aren't able to have children. As a result they decide to enjoy the rare intimate moment (they'd only been in the same timeframe in one other instance and it had been before they knew each other.) Thus, turns the beginning of the Destruction of Utopia (Lois from HiM is pregnant and FURIOUS about it, accusing Clark of taking advantage of her.)

I do think it might be different if only ONE of them (probably Lois) jumped back in time. Most of the stuff turns on Lois's decisions (Her in the bed for example.) How that changes makes a big difference.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#135769 12/02/12 01:51 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I love this concept. Happy Girl did one called Foreshadowing , which I really enjoyed.

Someone else did one on the message boards, years ago, but it never got finished. I liked the bit where Lois tells Tempus he can't kill Clark yet, because it's before Nightfall was destroyed. Tempus doesn't really remember his Kent History that well, but he thinks that she might be right. Curses, foiled again! That one was fun. If I remember the title I'll post it.

[edit: Found it! The illustrated Table of Contents is here: Begin the Begin ]

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#135770 12/02/12 05:07 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I do think it might be different if only ONE of them (probably Lois) jumped back in time. Most of the stuff turns on Lois's decisions (Her in the bed for example.) How that changes makes a big difference.
I think I was going for her being zapped right to the point where Clark is kissing her, staight from Season 4. She might not really have time to let the transfer set in before reacting to Clark.

John Pack Lambert

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard