Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#135673 11/13/12 04:31 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
So, have you ever thought about taking the plots or premises of two completely different episodes, and mashing them together?

What would have happened if ToGoM had happened sometime during the New Krypton arc?

What if PML occurred during ATAI, or vice versa?

Strange Visitor and Vatman crashing into each other?

Imagine, Lois and Clark go to Smallville to uncover the truth of an alleged environmental issue....only for Lord Nor and his minions to take over the town.

Well, FoLCs? What do you think? cool Of course, the fics won't have to cover the length of an entire episode--as a writer who gravitates toward short things myself, just a quick peek at what could ensue would be enough to satisfy this challenge. If anyone feels more ambitious, though, by all means, start posting!

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Vatman and the NK arc together could be fun. Ching et. al. think SuperClone is Kal-El and high-tail it home... devil

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I was trying to convince someone that a Mash-up between PML and ASU could be fun. Lois love sick, Clark not knowing who he is, and the world in danger. evil

EDIT: or Lethal Weapon combined with Resurrection or TJO. Good-bye Dan Scardino (and possibly Jimmy as the case may be, or both). Or Lethal Weapon type reaction during WWW.

SUPERMAN: Gee, Sorry, Lois, I don't know what came over me. You didn't really like him much, did you?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
One I like is Brutal Youth with Big Girls Don't Fly. Someone is capturing New Kryptonians and using them to rejuvenate aging (evil) scientists who then must be rescued by Superman.

Control by Shayne Terry could easily be combined with the red kryptonite / Dr Frisking episode who's title I don't recall.

Foundling and Top Copy could be interesting.

Vixen with Ultra Woman.

Vatman has so many possibilities...

Dead Lois Walking with Vatman could also be interesting. Vatman rescues Lois from prison. Superman takes the heat and still can't find Lois.

Madame Ex with Vatman.

Shallowford
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes, those are fun. It's why I did one and got another one still waiting to get out of RL. Poor bunny got 5-10 with good behavior from the looks of it.

/shameless plug/
The Wedding Crashers - HOL/BGDF
The Man Who Would Be King - LOTF+BE/WHALTTA

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
I was trying to convince someone that a Mash-up between PML and ASU could be fun. Lois love sick, Clark not knowing who he is, and the world in danger. evil
You are having an effect on it and if that uni continues the way it seems (where PML plays a much more consistent role) it's very likely that would be the case regardless of my opinions on the subject. laugh :p wallbash

Hmmm... other mashups....

--I haven't really seen any that combine PML and HIM (in the same time frame, not weeks apart as I often see it.)
--

While not exactly a mash-up per se, combining PML with any Season 4 episode (it could work best with "Sex, Lies and Photographs," I think) would be a fun exercise. Can you imagine Perry's reaction to those two?

Perry: Hey, hey, hey. Cut it out you two, this is the middle of the office, not the Lexor Honeymoon Suite.

Unless he's also sprayed, in which case...

Perry: Awww, just look at the two lovebirds. Aren't they just the sweetest thing?

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
C
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
C
Originally posted by Christina:
While not exactly a mash-up per se, combining PML with any Season 4 episode (it could work best with "Sex, Lies and Photographs," I think) would be a fun exercise. Can you imagine Perry's reaction to those two?

I don't normally pay attention to secondary character plots but it could be an interesting side story to see what Perry would have done in this situation since he's not married to Alice anymore. Would he go after her?

"You're better at this than I thought," she told him.
"At what?" Clark looked up at her quizzically.
"Dissembling."
"You didn't think I could lie?"
~ Sue s. FB
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Originally posted by Darth Michael:

/shameless plug/
The Wedding Crashers - HOL/BGDF
The Man Who Would Be King - LOTF+BE/WHALTTA
Please, shameless plugs deserve links.

The Wedding Crashers

The man Who Would Be King

BTW can you finish "The Man Who Would Be King"?

Framework4
Kerth
Kerth
How about Ultrawoman and the NK arc?

Ching: Lady Zara, this man cannot be Lord Kal-El, he does not have any of the powers a Kryptonian develops under a yellow sun.

Or PML and the NK arc - Lois once again posing as Clark's concubine...

Ultrawoman and ASU - Lois sure would have found a better way to get rid of Nightfall than going all brute and trying to smash it to smithereens. Maybe give it a not-so-gentle push to change its course?

Tempus, Anyone and the NK arc - with Tempus advising Lord Nor on how to create the perfect Dystopia... a grim tale.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Lara Joelle Kent:
Tempus, Anyone and the NK arc - with Tempus advising Lord Nor on how to create the perfect Dystopia... a grim tale.
Maybe they'll kill each other off leaving two bodies in the street in front of the Daily Planet?

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Unlikely. Nor would love to have someone who tells him about all of Clark's weak spots - his parents, Lois, the Planet, Jimmy, Perry, his secret identity... And Tempus would do anything for someone who'd help him avoid Utopia. (Although I can see Tempus come around once he sees what a Dystopia really means for him. Now, wouldn't that be something, Tempus eventually assassinating Nor?)

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
What if we crossed PML with Individual Responsibility, well at least the Red Kryptonite part of it. Would Clark give in to Lois' advances if he has red K poisoning.

OK, that is not quite a full crossing.

What if we cross "The Eyes Have it" with PML. Blinded Clark has Lois going crazy over him.

To make it more interesting, Clark does not grad Lois after Dr. Leit blinds him, he just flies off, and Lois fights her way away.

Clark then tells everyone he had a welding accident and is temporary blind. Then the next day when they are at the planet Miranda shows up and sprays everyone with her perfume.

Another interesting corss, PML and The Phoenix. Lex's plan is to make Lois fall in love with him, but instead Clark gets more than he bargained for on his almost first date.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Another interesting corss, PML and The Phoenix. Lex's plan is to make Lois fall in love with him, but instead Clark gets more than he bargained for on his almost first date.
clap I like that idea!

VirginiaR.
---
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
HIM mixed into Churches of Metropolis. Can you imagine the comedy of Mayson thinking Clark is off limits and wondering what he see in Lois only to find out he's "available"?

CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by Christina:
HIM mixed into Churches of Metropolis. Can you imagine the comedy of Mayson thinking Clark is off limits and wondering what he see in Lois only to find out he's "available"?
Actually I see it more with Lois feeding limited info about their stay at the Lexor to Mayson to make her think something more is going on between her and Clark to scare Mayson away.

John Pack Lambert
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
What if Clark fell for Clois in the pilot?

Shallowford
C
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
C
What if you mixed nightfall with TOGOM and had the gangsters trying to clean out the city while everyone is panicking about the end of the world. Lois and amnisiatic Clark go to try and stop them and Clark ends up getting shot but doesn't know to play dead. Lois obviously puts the pieces together and now she's got to get Clark to finish saving the world.

"Dissembling."
~ Sue s. FB
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I just thought of one. Mash up "Barbarians at the Planet" along with "ASU."

The Asteroid happens. Luthor proposes (complete with "you'll still have a future after the asteroid"), Lois says she'd think about. Clark admits his feelings and Lois tells him what she does in the ep. Before he goes to see her, he goes to "fix" the asteroid. You can imagine a lot of possibilities from there.

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
So we put the meeting with Luthor before Superman hits the asteroid the first time. Hmm, that would be interesting.

John Pack Lambert
C
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
C
What if you mixed ASU with Strange Visitor and had Trask put a tracer on Superman and track him to the crater. How much damage could Trask do to Clark before he got his memory back and how far is Trask willing to go to endanger the earth to complete his own agenda.

"Dissembling."
~ Sue s. FB
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard