Print Thread
#135445 07/02/12 07:23 PM
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Folks,

All sorts of bad things happen because folks think of Lois as Superman's girlfriend.

In the L&C verse Superman gives interviews to Lois and Clark more than anyone else.

Suppose instead that Clark made a point of not giving interviews to Lois, maybe to protect her, maybe to protect his secret. And also made it a point not to interview himself, he still writes stories about himself just never lets Clark Kent be seen to be a friend or even a trusted reporter.

In this 'Verse all interviews are done with reporters in other towns never in Metropolis.

Superman will talk with Henderson but never with Lois Lane, in fact he never lets her within 20 feet and if she is at a Press conference never calls on her. After a few articles and incidents he is careful to never call on a female reporter at a press conference. Shortly there after he begins avoiding the press completely. Everything is 3rd hand. I.E. "Fire Captain Davies told us the man of steel said thus and thus."

Framework4
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Framework4:
Superman will talk with Henderson but never with Lois Lane, in fact he never lets her within 20 feet and if she is at a Press conference never calls on her. After a few articles and incidents he is careful to never call on a female reporter at a press conference. Shortly there after he begins avoiding the press completely. Everything is 3rd hand. I.E. "Fire Captain Davies told us the man of steel said thus and thus."
Good thing he gives up talking to the press entirely because Lois would be the first to call Superman sexist!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
In this 'Verse all interviews are done with reporters in other towns never in Metropolis.
This is where I see a big problem, after all, Superman is based in Metropolis. However, he might make a point of not giving exclusives to anyone, and not favoring the Daily Planet or any of its reporters in any way.

However, I'd still say that Lois would do anything to get the exclusive Superman interview - and if she has to catch him skinny-dipping and sit on his clothes. :p

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Originally posted by Lara Joelle Kent:
[QUOTE]
However, I'd still say that Lois would do anything to get the exclusive Superman interview - and if she has to catch him skinny-dipping and sit on his clothes. :p
That alone would make a wonderfully funny tale.

Framework4
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
It is indeed the basis of a fun story: Classicalla's Cold Lake , which is based upon an incident that actually happened with a female reporter and President John Quincy Adams.

Joy,
Lynn

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard