Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#135363 05/18/12 01:24 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I saw this link posted by Nathan Fillion and the idea sprung to my mind. Just a funny little tidbit.

Thank You Receipt

Unfortunately, I've got too much on my plate to take this on. But would anybody consider writing a story where this happens to Clark? Just randomly? It seems unlikely, but it could just be a fun little add-in. laugh

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#135364 05/18/12 01:30 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Mouse, confused , you posted a link to canceled TV shows here. Please, try again.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#135365 05/18/12 01:49 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
blush blush Whoops. blush blush That's what I get for having fifty million tabs open and the attention span of a four year old. laugh (Okay, so it's only fourteen tabs. But still.)

Should be fixed now, Virginia. Thanks for letting me know.

--Mark Twain
#135366 05/18/12 02:05 PM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Cute. The line that captures my imagination, though, and that I would love to see be the seed of a fanfic, was a comment someone left:
"[Clark] might [get a "Thanks, Superman"] at the opticians. A bit hard to hide his identity there."
Any takers?

Joy,
Lynn

#135367 05/18/12 02:41 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Or at his tailors. Martha can't always be on hand to supply him with uniforms.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#135368 05/18/12 02:54 PM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Or at his tailors. Martha can't always be on hand to supply him with uniforms.
Alisha Knight wrote the Kerth-award-winning "Spandex" comedic trilogy revolving around the fabric used to make the Suits. Although it isn't precisely what you requested, the first story is kind of close. The entire trilogy is well worth the read.

Joy,
Lynn

#135369 05/18/12 03:03 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
Alisha Knight wrote the Kerth-award-winning "Spandex" comedic trilogy revolving around the fabric used to make the Suits. Although it isn't precisely what you requested, the first story is kind of close. The entire trilogy is well worth the read.
I'll look for it. Thanks, Lynn.

VirginiaR.
---
#135370 05/18/12 11:56 PM
Kerth
Kerth
I've always worked on the assumption that Clark's disguise works - that his change in manner etc. is enough to cover the fact that he looks like Superman. Even at the opticians - why would Superman need glasses? Obviously he doesn't, so anyone buying glasses can't possibly be Superman.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#135371 05/19/12 12:33 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Or Clark might even avoid an optician all-together and just by OTC reading glasses. It would save a lot of questions...But it wouldn't make for a fun story. wink

Joy,
Lynn

#135372 05/19/12 09:44 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Or Clark might even avoid an optician all-together and just by OTC reading glasses. It would save a lot of questions...But it wouldn't make for a fun story. wink

Joy,
Lynn
Well, we know that at least the L&C Clark has an optician. When Lois asks Chen Chow how he knows Clark, he says they have the same eye doctor.

Ah, here's the excerpt from Chi of Steel:

LOIS
Chen, if I could get.a list of all the businesses here in Chinatown that got robbed, the dates and -- ?

CHEN
I'll fax it to your office.

LOIS
So, how do you know Clark?

CHEN
We go to the same optometrist.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#135373 05/20/12 12:41 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
<deleted duplicate post>

#135374 05/20/12 12:43 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
wallbash Of course. I forgot about that, DC.

Hmmm... Unless Chen is lying. Perhaps he also buys his glasses over the counter because he is trying to maintain a secret identity of his own. (Well, he and Clark share so much in common. Perhaps Chen is a superhero who does his heroics off-screen, perhaps even in another city...) And if that were the case, and if he had met Clark in a superhero capacity, he could be lying to preserve his secret identity. Yeah, I know, that's quite a stretch, but it could make for an amusing story.

I must admit that I tend to block CoS from my mind; it's one of my least-favourite episodes.

Joy,
Lynn

#135375 05/20/12 07:07 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
wallbash Of course. I forgot about that, DC.

Hmmm... Unless Chen is lying. Perhaps he also buys his glasses over the counter because he is trying to maintain a secret identity of his own. (Well, he and Clark share so much in common. Perhaps Chen is a superhero who does his heroics off-screen, perhaps even in another city...) And if that were the case, and if he had met Clark in a superhero capacity, he could be lying to preserve his secret identity. Yeah, I know, that's quite a stretch, but it could make for an amusing story.

I must admit that I tend to block CoS from my mind; it's one of my least-favourite episodes.

Joy,
Lynn
Oooh! Now *that's* a cool idea, Lynn! Chen the superhero!!!

<throws that out there for a challenge, should anyone want it>

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#135376 05/22/12 07:01 AM
L
Blogger
Blogger
L
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:

I believe this was actually suggested in CoS - someone (Clark?) suggested that Chen might be the mysterious ninja, and Lois replied something like "Mild mannered reporter - a secret super hero? Nah..."
I think Chen was designed to resemble Clark in many ways (think about those glasses).

Lonnie

#135377 05/22/12 07:30 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Lonnie,

Yes, he was definitely designed to be a Chinese counterpart to Clark; it even says as much in the script. Although he wasn't "SuperNinja" (so to speak), it might be interesting if he were a more complete counterpart to Clark.

Joy,
Lynn

#135378 05/22/12 08:52 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Chen was definitely supposed to be the Chinese counterpart to Clark. From the script:

Lin comes back with CHEN CHOW, a "Mild Mannered Reporter for a Great Metropolitan Newspaper." Chen is the Chinese clone of Clark Kent. Same glasses, same haircut, almost the same clothes.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#135379 05/22/12 09:08 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:

I second this, DC! I think it would be hilarious to read something about Chen's take on Clark's alterego before going off on a rescue of his own. laugh

--Mark Twain

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard