Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Quiet day on the boards, time to post my latest Challenge (I've been thinking about this for a while).

If you haven't figured out my nice alliteration laugh the Lunkheaded Loser Loophole is of course the Memory Wipe Kiss. evil (Explains a lot, doesn't it?)

2) If Clark accidently mind-clears Lois during the whole ARGH arc, making her amnesia his fault. (talk about a guilty conscience)

3) Ultra Woman accidently kiss clears Clark's mind and has to convince him he's Superman again to give him back his powers.

4) When Lois and Superman kiss before he goes off to save the world from Nightfall, the combination of the loophole kiss and Nightfall clears Clark's mind, giving him amnesia. And well, since she had a bit of forgetfulness herself from the kiss... peep BTW: Can anyone tell me how to get tomato stains off my computer monitor from the inside?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I like the alliteration.

I really loathe, abhor, detest, and gag at the Kiss of Forgetfulness. But even so, I can come up with one (and probably only one) time where I would find it acceptable in a story. I am obviously playing fast and loose with the timelines, but here goes:

Near the end of S1, Lex is seriously dating Lois. Around that time, he discovers CK=S and is just about to act upon it, to Clark's detriment. But shortly before he is able to put his plans into place, Lois becomes Ultra Woman. She kisses Lex, and Lex forgets all about Clark's alter ego. He also forgets about his attraction toward Lois and send her away, driving her straight into Clark's arms.

I could tolerate the kiss of forgetfulness then. But even in these circumstances, it is just barely tolerable.

Could you send Superman my way to kiss me to make me forget that awful plot device? wink

Joy,
Lynn

Columnist
Columnist
Without giving too much away just yet, in my story that I'm currently working on, Lex and Clark have a mouth-to-mouth situation (life saving efforts), but oh no! What if Lex's memories were wiped and he forgot that he was evil/became good!?

How very convenient for Superman wink

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lynn, I completely agree that it was the worst part of Superman 2.

That's why I suggested the only way to deter such behavior is to have the havoc wreaked by the kiss bounce back and be equally bad (or worse) for the kisser (the one kissing) as for the kissy (the one whose mind is wiped).

So far, two people think the only person to have the kiss used on is Luthor. Wow, it's really is depised.

For this reason, I also though the Bummer-B-Gone was par for the course (equal to the mind-wipe kiss). And a bad note to end the show on.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Hmm...

Lex, for sure. Well, in a situation that demanded it. Not to say it wouldn't be acutely awkward...

Mayson? hyper

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Mouse! Get out of my head! eek

I was just thinking that if Mayson had lived (and then was going to "out" Clark) the memory kiss could be forgiven. So I come in here to write that, and find out that you beat me too it! :p

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
Mouse! Get out of my head! eek

I was just thinking that if Mayson had lived (and then was going to "out" Clark) the memory kiss could be forgiven. So I come in here to write that, and find out that you beat me too it! :p
Right, Lois would really "forgive" that one. wink

VirginiaR.
---
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b] Mouse! Get out of my head! eek

Right, Lois would really "forgive" that one. wink [/b]
laugh Sorry, DC. And hey, I didn't say all parties would be happy about it.

Lois: Clark! What are you doing?!
Clark: Wait just a minute, Lois. This shouldn't take long and she'll be out of our lives for good...
Mayson: (moans)
Lois: WHAT THE...?????
Clark: /death by kryptonite/

Actually, the more I think about it, I can't find a party that would be happy with that solution. Perhaps an unsuspecting onlooking Jimmy who just this once was too preoccupied to interrupt? smile1

--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Mouserocks:

Clark: Wait just a minute, Lois. This shouldn't take long and she'll be out of our lives for good...

Actually, the more I think about it, I can't find a party that would be happy with that solution. Perhaps an unsuspecting onlooking Jimmy who just this once was too preoccupied to interrupt? smile1
clap rotflol

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Mouserocks:

<litterally spews water as it snorks up her nose>

rotflol

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Also, Lois wouldn't have to know about the kiss. Clark could visit Mayson in the hospital alone after all her surgeries and life-saving stuff, he kisses her and Wham-o! No more CK=S memory, and not a Lois Lane in sight! wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Also, Lois wouldn't have to know about the kiss. Clark could visit Mayson in the hospital alone after all her surgeries and life-saving stuff, he kisses her and Wham-o! No more CK=S memory, and not a Lois Lane in sight! wink
After a kiss like that Mayson is liable to think they're engaged. laugh Don't forget Clark having to kiss Mayson a second time to forget the first memory wiping kiss. It's a vicious cycle! wink

Oh, wait wallbash I guess the memory wipe kiss could be all encompasing and also wipe memory of the memory wiping kiss.

Of course, he could have tried the memory wipe kiss with Diana Stride and ended up killing himself with Kryptonite poisoning! Mouserocks, I think we've found a 101 death for Superman!

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
<strong> Also, Lois wouldn't have to know about the kiss. Clark could visit Mayson in the hospital alone after all her surgeries and life-saving stuff, he kisses her and Wham-o! No more CK=S memory, and not a Lois Lane in sight! wink
After a kiss like that Mayson is liable to think they're engaged. laugh Don't forget Clark having to kiss Mayson a second time to forget the first memory wiping kiss. It's a vicious cycle! wink

Oh, wait clap

Virginia - you totally win! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Kerth
Kerth
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
<strong> Also, Lois wouldn't have to know about the kiss. Clark could visit Mayson in the hospital alone after all her surgeries and life-saving stuff, he kisses her and Wham-o! No more CK=S memory, and not a Lois Lane in sight! wink

Oh, wait clap clap
You really should go back through and add that to the challenge, Virginia! Premature Congrats on being the 101st killer of Superman! dance

(I give you the full party when you actually post it, as incentive wink )

--Mark Twain

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard