Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
61. Lois accidently forgets that she is super strong during "Ultra Woman." She goes to hug Clark but winds up crushing his torso, suffocating him to death.
Isn't that the same as #18? How about we change it to:

Clark returns from NK with Super Mullet and Lois kills him when he refuses to cut it off. laugh

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b] 61. Lois accidently forgets that she is super strong during "Ultra Woman." She goes to hug Clark but winds up crushing his torso, suffocating him to death.

Clark returns from NK with Super Mullet and Lois kills him when he refuses to cut it off. laugh [/b]
rotflol Whoops! Somehow missed #18 when I went to check if it had been done already. Super mullet? jawdrop

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
[b] 61. Lois accidently forgets that she is super strong during "Ultra Woman." She goes to hug Clark but winds up crushing his torso, suffocating him to death.

Clark returns from NK with Super Mullet and Lois kills him when he refuses to cut it off. laugh [/b]
rotflol rotflol rotflol Oh, boy. Super Mullet. I can't seem to stop laughing about that. Too good! Keep it up folcs!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Courtesy of Lynn's Fair-weathered powers challenge

65. It's a dark and rainy day outside. Clark loses his ability to store sunlight/recharge his batteries (unbeknownst to him). He's just pulled an all-nighter at the Daily Planet offices (indoors), when suddely he hears a cry for help. He rushes to the nearest window, throws it open, and hurls himself out of it...
devilsplat

--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
Courtesy of Lynn's Fair-weathered powers challenge

65. It's a dark and rainy day outside. Clark loses his ability to store sunlight/recharge his batteries (unbeknownst to him). He's just pulled an all-nighter at the Daily Planet offices (indoors), when suddely he hears a cry for help. He rushes to the nearest window, throws it open, and hurls himself out of it...
devilsplat
To quote The Prankster: "You know what the worst part about being made of steel is? Steel don't bounce." laugh

#66 - The Prankster freeze frames Clark and pushes him over the side of a ship. Clark sinks and since he is catatonic, he can't hold his breath. Clark becomes a permenant part of the sea floor.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Mouserocks:
<strong> Courtesy of Lynn's Fair-weathered powers challenge

rotflol Too true. And another good one!

--Mark Twain
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
devilsplat
<chuckle> I love how you ran with my idea. And here I had just thought that Clark would wind up losing a game of 'bounce the bullet off my chest' when depleted of energy.

Joy,
Lynn

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
A variant on Mouserock's idea (#65):

67) Lex has a hireling take a big chunk of kryptonite up in a helicopter and fly near Superman. Superman loses his powers and falls to his death.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
A variant on Mouserock's idea (#65):

67) Lex has a hireling take a big chunk of kryptonite up in a helicopter and fly near Superman. Superman loses his powers and falls to his death.

Joy,
Lynn
I don't know, Lynn, that sounds a lot like DC's:
9) Clark flies up 30,000 feet to save a diabled plane. Unfortunately, the plane is carrying a cargo of unsheilded Kryptonite. Clark weakens as he reaches the plane. His powers go "offline" and he falls to Earth. The impact causes a small crater and kills Clark.
We'll have to check with the judges...

68. (A varient on #50) In a past life, Tempus Tex succeeds in hanging The Lone Rider.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Oops. You're right, Virginia. I forgot about that one. blush I hereby rescind my last entry.

In its place, may I offer the following?

67) Lex has once again arisen from the dead, just in time to attend Lois & Clark's wedding in Metropolis. He has seen to it that the Wedding Destroyer doesn't interfere this time. When the bride and groom emerge from the building, he throws green, glowing "confetti" at them. There is too much K-dust, ground too fine, for L&C to remove it all in time. Perhaps he has coated it with something to make it stick to Clark's skin and clothes.

I hope that that silly explanation is at least an original substitute for my earlier #67. May I keep that slot, or should I try again?

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
67) Lex has once again arisen from the dead, just in time to attend Lois & Clark's wedding in Metropolis. He has seen to it that the Wedding Destroyer doesn't interfere this time. When the bride and groom emerge from the building, he throws green, glowing "confetti" at them. There is too much K-dust, ground too fine, for L&C to remove it all in time. Perhaps he has coated it with something to make it stick to Clark's skin and clothes.
Lynn, you make one evil Lex! And on their wedding day of all days. Guess it's Clark who dies during the wedding curse this time.

VirginiaR.
---
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Lynn, you make one evil Lex!
Thanks...I think? wink Although Lex hasn't shown the love of irony that Tempus has, he does have a flair for the dramatic when it suits him. And given his jealous nature, I think he might find the timing and the manner of his enemy's death most apt.

And on their wedding day of all days. Guess it's Clark who dies during the wedding curse this time.
And they didn't even get the pleasure of consummating it this time around. frown

Joy,
Lynn

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
69) During "Stop the Presses" those Luthor wannabees not only figure out how to deplete his energy but use the quantum disruptor. Oddly this only makes Clark human/non-powered permanently (wanted to find a different way of "killing" Superman but not Clark again... I kind of like the idea of a non-fatal killing.)

This next one's based on Action Comics V.2 #659 (part of the Krisis of Krimson Kryptonite")(Nov. 90.)

70) Myxyspitlk (sp?) comes up with a form of Red Kryptonite and gives it to ??? (originally Luthor, not sure who it would go to, maybe just the bad guy of the week?) which takes away Superman's powers and unlike the comics there isn't a way to give him a steel suit to protect himself.

71) Myxyspitlk finds a way to take away his perception of his powers (i.e. the knowledge that his powers actually exist in the first place.) Clark becomes more aggressive in his investigative techniques as a result and outs himself to the bad guys as Superman without realizing it. The next time he attempts to break in, the bad guys have kryptonite.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by Christina:
I kind of like the idea of a non-fatal killing.)

70)This one's based on Action Comics V.2 #659 (Nov. 90.) Myxyspitlk (sp?) comes up with a form of Red Kryptonite and gives it to ??? (originally Luthor, not sure who it would go to, maybe just the bad guy of the week?) which takes away Superman's powers and unlike the comics there isn't a way to give him a steel suit to protect him.
Or, hearkening back to the comics, you could simply expose him to gold Kryptonite. Gold K permanently deprives a Kryptonian of all powers.

Joy,
Lynn

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
72) Dr. Klein tries an experiment on Clark. Thinking that Clark's reaction to Kryptonite is similar to a human bee allergy, he starts injecting Clark regularly with minute quantities of the "allergen" to desensitize him to it. Unfortunately, in a moment of absent-mindedness, he forgot to dilute one solution before injecting it.

p.s., Why am I starting to think that this thread could be fodder for a filk based on the song "Fifty Ways to Leave Your Lover"? Hmmm... "A Hundred Ways to Kill Your Hero," anyone? wink

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
73) While at the Phantom Zone Superman is killed by a Kryptonian criminal.

74) During a phase of abnormal solar activity (or a solar storm) Superman absorbs too much energy and his body can't process it all. As a result his cells collapse until it kills him.

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Kerth
Kerth
75: Jor-El was nuts and Krypton never exploded; the rocket drifts off into space, and baby Kal-El never reaches Earth.

76: Nightfall arrives during Green Green Glow, while Clark has no powers. He ends up in the impact zone.

77: Learning that Krypton is doomed much earlier than in the usual timeline, Jor-El has a vasectomy to ensure that he and Lara won't bring a child into a doomed world.

78: Clark swallows the bomb in the first episode. Unfortunately his powers only protect the outside of his body...

79: Doomsday turns out to be Lex Luthor's continent, fallen through a time warp from the Superman Returns universe and full of Kryptonite. Superman dies trying to smash it.

Later - sorry, Nightfall, not Doomsday!

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
clap All good stuff! Lynn, I accept your replacement #67. And I'm enjoying the fallback use of comic book concepts in all these- laugh Very entertaining. Keep at it!

80. ( dance already!) Clark is exposed to red kryptonite on a regular basis (injected into his food, around the office at work, on rescues, etc). And, a la season 2, he starts to go a little crazy. He stops caring, screws up all of his relationships, and even begins to see things. Superman goes to Star Labs for treatment, where Dr. Klein decides to run tests on him using small dosages of red-k. Unfortunately, the experiment goes horribly wrong, and Superman loses it. They use green kryptonite to get control back over him and neutralize his powers, but the sudden loss of his powers coupled with the effect the red-k on his mental state causes him to lose his mind. Superman is forced into early retirement and simply disappears off the map. The high-ups in the government keep him in a guarded psychiatric facility with padded walls and low-dosage green kryptonite to keep him sedated. He never sees the sun.
laugh

--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap All good stuff! Lynn, I accept your replacement #67. And I'm enjoying the fallback use of comic book concepts in all these- laugh Very entertaining. Keep at it!

80. ( dance already!) Clark is exposed to red kryptonite on a regular basis (injected into his food, around the office at work, on rescues, etc). And, a la season 2, he starts to go a little crazy. He stops caring, screws up all of his relationships, and even begins to see things. Superman goes to Star Labs for treatment, where Dr. Klein decides to run tests on him using small dosages of red-k. Unfortunately, the experiment goes horribly wrong, and Superman loses it. They use green kryptonite to get control back over him and neutralize his powers, but the sudden loss of his powers coupled with the effect the red-k on his mental state causes him to lose his mind. Superman is forced into early retirement and simply disappears off the map. The high-ups in the government keep him in a guarded psychiatric facility with padded walls and low-dosage green kryptonite to keep him sedated. He never sees the sun.
laugh
Oh, MouseRocks, don't you mean mecry ?

VirginiaR.
---
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
[b] clap All good stuff! Lynn, I accept your replacement #67. And I'm enjoying the fallback use of comic book concepts in all these- laugh Very entertaining. Keep at it!

laugh
Oh, MouseRocks, don't you mean mecry ? [/b]
Haha, no, sorry to say. Being evil brings a smile to my face. devil

--Mark Twain
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard