Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Tank Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
T
I've never actually watched an episode of the show, but have seen enough commercials for it to have an idea of what it is about.

The show is the Syfy channels Scare Tactics.

It's sort of a Punk'd type show but the punchline is not to embarass the victim, but to 'scare' them.

A friend (read accomplise)cooperates with the people from the show to put the victim in some sort of 'situation' which is supposed to terrify them. A couple of scenarios I remember seeing on the ads were an 'alien monster' terrorising some people in a car out in the desert, and a biological 'accident' situation.

In honor of Halloween, suppose Mr. James Olsen decides it would be hilarious to put our favorite reporter on the show. Aside from Lois killing him afterword, what would Jimmy and the producers of the show come up with?

Lois Lane is used to life and death situations all the time. What kind of scenario would be needed to 'terrify' Lois?

Any takers?

Tank (who considered taking on the challenge but doesn't think a haircut would actually terrify Lois)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Tank (who considered taking on the challenge but doesn't think a haircut would actually terrify Lois)
Maybe if she woke up and every day her hair was an inch longer, ending the month with waist long hair? laugh

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
There has been a recall of all chocolate products.

Joy,
Lynn

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A clone? evil

And in honor of Tank, she learns she's pregnant via a blood test after a hospital situation.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
Kerth
An asteroid's coming to destroy the earth and Superman's nowhere to be found? ... No...

The Daily Planet's been blown to bits? Yes? Oh, wait...

Clark is dead! No, that's been done before too... and let's be honest, it's just a little bit cruel...

Hmm. I don't know, really. Clark may be Superman, but Lois has the Nerves of Steel. Perhaps if Superman's the one doing the scaring? It would be unexpected, for sure... of course in my mind, I'm placing this in the pre-realization period. I really don't know what would scare her- perhaps finding her entire apartment flipped upside down and her writing partner watching tv on the ceiling? Or Superman (pretending) to lose his cool just to freak her out? Read a story to that effect on ff.net...

Good concept. Somebody else should definitely pick this up. I'm overdrawn on time as it is...
wave

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
And in honor of Tank, she learns she's pregnant via a blood test after a hospital situation.

Michael
You forgot to mention that this was non-sexual Lois from S2 or early S3? Or even worse... AFTER the clone incident when Wanda had shacked up with Lex. YIKES! eek devilsplat

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
You forgot to mention that this was non-sexual Lois from S2 or early S3? Or even worse... AFTER the clone incident when Wanda had shacked up with Lex. YIKES! eek devilsplat
Oh geez! That would be hilarious! She would SO kill Jimmy after that though! wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
How about she finds out that Clark is going to marry Linda King? devil

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I seem to remember a nightmare about a dozen super-babies flying around the house while she tried to interview the president(?).

Or something to do with entering a food item (that she made!) in a cooking contest, especially if it was at the Smallville Corn Festival.
That might qualify as truly terrifying.

B

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What does S1, S2 Lois care most about? Her career. So, if Jimmy really wanted to scare / terrify her he would have to do something that would put her career in jeopardy.

I suggest having her come into the DP one day and have everyone pretend that they have no idea who she is, because she had never worked there. (It would have to be a day with CK was off covering a Superman event elsewhere, because I doubt he'd contribute to such a cruel joke -- plus, he's a really bad liar.) Kind of make her feel like she had been Twilight Zoned to another non-Lois dimension or something.

If Jimmy just wanted to make her mad, I'd say write her a fake Pulitzer nomination letter or something, but that would be more like 'pranked' than 'scared.'

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Challenge Accepted. Here are my results.

Just a Little Too Far

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard