So, I was just rewatching the opening of 'The Rival.' I realize it was intended to be just a humorous, standalone filler, a throwaway not to be taken too seriously. But even so, there is a *lot* about it that doesn't make sense to me:

1) What is Clark doing out in public, as Clark, without his glasses?

2) What is Bo Jackson doing in a run-down neighbourhood in Metropolis, and why is he asking Clark -- whom, presumably, if he recognizes at all, he recognizes as a reporter, not an athlete -- to play basketball? (That would be like me asking a three year old to play Scrabble.)

3) Why did Clark do something that would so clearly give away his secret identity? Granted, he was frustrated with Bo's know-it-all attitude, but I can't honestly see him letting that frustration get to him to the point that he would jeopardize his life and the lives of those near and dear to him.

4) Given Clark's superhuman jump and his lack of glasses, why did Bo *not* figure out that CK=S? Even Jimmy would have put the two together with clues like that!

So, here's my challenge: Write a story to answer all of the above questions. As a bonus, write one in which Bo actually does make the CK=S connection.

Joy,
Lynn