Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Shallowford:
I've got another scenario. What if Clark had multiple personalities. One was Clark, one was Superman. And he didn't know he was both men. It would be like twins only in the same body. And of course Lois didn't know they were the same man either.
There is a story with this premise. IIRC Lois discovers that sleepwalking Clark=Superman and then has to convince him that he is ala Nightfall. Good story but I don’t have the name at hand.
Two Faces of Clark is one. There's another where he was adopted by the Lanes, but I don't recall the title. I was even planning to write something like this myself, but never got around to it. XD Ah well.

Going back to the original theme—what if it was Alt-Clark that almost-started-out as Clark’s twin? Suppose Tempus decides to dump Alt-Clark in Kansas right after Clark’s ship landed. Tempus gets a Clark-free zone and the Kents would find two babies, one in a spaceship built-for-one and another identical in every way outside the ship. Clark could be explained by the Cold War experiment/alien theory, but there wouldn’t be any reasonable explanation for Alt-Clark until Martha read about cloning in the late ‘70’s.
Hm, I don't think Alt-Clark needs to be a "clone"; maybe there's just two alien babies who grow up to start fighting over Lois Lane. :3

"Superman? What are you---are those orchids?"

"Lois, ignore those roses that my bro--I mean---I...brought you yesterday. These are much more rare and beautiful, like you are! <3"

"Um, okay, thanks. I'll put them over here next to all the diamond jewelry you brought me this morning."

"He---I brought you *what*?!!!"

laugh

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Queen of the Capes:
Two Faces of Clark is one.
Thanks. I'll check it out.

Hm, I don't think Alt-Clark needs to be a "clone"; maybe there's just two alien babies who grow up to start fighting over Lois Lane. :3

"Superman? What are you---are those orchids?"

"Lois, ignore those roses that my bro--I mean---I...brought you yesterday. These are much more rare and beautiful, like you are! <3"

"Um, okay, thanks. I'll put them over here next to all the diamond jewelry you brought me this morning."

"He---I brought you *what*?!!!"
rotflol You're too funny!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
QoC,

Great! I can see insecure Clarks trying to one-up each other. I love it.

I don’t think cloning Clark as a baby would work either, but I could see Martha reading about cloned frogs in some obscure scientific journal and concluding that was what happened to her sons.

There is a story with this premise.
Found the one I was thinking of...in Hysteron Proteron by Christy, Clark was adopted by the Langs. Is that the one you were thinking of too, or is there another story I need to find?

Shallowford
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
There is something in comics canon that couple be played with vis a vis "Clark has a twin."

In the past there was a comic where Superman split himself into two to try and figure out how to restore Kandor (remind yourselves for a moment that this is the Silver Age comics.) One ends up with Lois (living on Kandor without powers... supposedly happily) and the other lives on earth with Lana.

In the 90s they took the "Electric Superman" (not the best comics supposedly) and split him into a Red Superman and and Blue Superman. One was a lot more "plan ahead" while the other one was a lot more "seat of his pants." I bought the first one of those and those two are at each other's throats! Especially when it comes to Lois. I don't have the rest of the comics to see where it went but it might be something to look into if someone wants to write this (I have my planning and plottings on this strictly for the comics.)

There is an element of "they're the same guy" to the Red/Blue Superman though that the "twin Clark" doesn't quite have (which can feel a little squicky because it feels incestuous if they are comfortable sharing her.)

I think personally, I'm more likely to enjoy the "split Clark" than a "twin Clark."

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
One version of comic canon has Kara Zor-El as Supergirl. If the ship had enough room for two infants Jor-El's brother might have sent her with Kal-El. For the nfic version just make Lois a bit more flexible in her tastes and she has four people to be confused over.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by Christina:
There is something in comics canon that could be played with vis-a-vis "Clark has a twin."
There are several, actually, if you go back to the Silver Age. One that ties in very neatly with the good twin/bad twin idea is the story of Super-Menace, which went something like this:

On its way to Earth, Kal-El's spaceship collides with another, alien craft that somehow duplicates the Kryptonian spaceship. Both ships continue on to Earth, where Kal-El is found by the Kents and the occupant of the other ship by a family of crooks. Time passes and both children grow up. Clark becomes Superboy and then Superman; the other kid grows up to be a bully and juvenile delinquent, but otherwise stays out of the limelight until he becomes Super-Menace. Naturally, he encounters Superman, and I think you can guess the rest.
In the past there was a comic where Superman split himself into two to try and figure out how to restore Kandor (remind yourselves for a moment that this is the Silver Age comics.) One ends up with Lois (living on Kandor without powers... supposedly happily) and the other lives on Earth with Lana.
Ah, the famous original Superman-Red and Superman-Blue story, a classic of its time. It should be noted that the split was accidental, and there was apparently an earlier story in which Red K split Superman into a pair of opposing twins (good and bad), but I don't know that one.
In the 90s they took the "Electric Superman" (not the best comics supposedly) and split him into a Red Superman and and Blue Superman.
S-R and S-B, modern version. Not as interesting IMO since Clark was Electri-Kal at the time and not Superman at all. Straining for effect, I thought.
One was a lot more "plan ahead" while the other one was a lot more "seat of his pants." I bought the first one of those and those two are at each other's throats! Especially when it comes to Lois. [...]

There is an element of "they're the same guy" to the Red/Blue Superman though that the "twin Clark" doesn't quite have (which can feel a little squicky because it feels incestuous if they are comfortable sharing her.)
Well, they are the same guy, or different personality aspects of him at least, so that's understandable.

Another variation on the twin theme was a precursor to Vatman. In an anniversary origin/recap story in the late 70s(?), Luthor clones Superman and replaces him with the clone in the middle of a tour that the real Superman is giving of a new Superman Museum; the clone is programmed to be more sympathetic towards Luthor, which shows when the latter is mentioned towards the end of the tour. Lois gets fed up with "Superman's" sudden bout of self-flagellation and walks out, only to be saved by the real Superman just before she activates a trap that would have blown up the museum. The two fight until the clone is knocked into a display case which holds real samples of various types of Kryptonite (!), including Gold K, which robs him of his powers. He came back at least once after that, though using technology instead of super-powers.

With all this talk of split Clarks and Supermen, I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned Sheila Harper's story Mxysplit, the plot of which I think can be inferred from the name and that it's mentioned in this context... wink

Ping! Ping!! Ping!!! -- Mother Box
She's such a chatterbox at times...
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Hmm... Clark as a Lane could be Backwards. For whatever that's worth.

There is a fic where Lois is Kryptonian and so is Clark. They think they might be siblings. I forget the resolution. It was a Kerth nom though. I think Pam might know which one - I remember her loving it.

The On the Other Hand universe has Clark with a brother but no twin.

I started a fic with Clark and a twin who worked for NCIS [and hence a mild crossover] but it's still languishing on the hard drive. Where it will likely stay. I don't remember how I'd planned to resolve the CK=S business. But this was going to come to into play: Now, As Before .

I was waiting for Coin to be done before reading it [because of my own idea] but... frown

Carol

Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally posted by carolm:

There is a fic where Lois is Kryptonian and so is Clark. They think they might be siblings. I forget the resolution. It was a Kerth nom though. I think Pam might know which one - I remember her loving it.
That would be The Girl Next Door by Janet Owens. It's very good.

This *is* my happily ever after.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard