Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
What if...
Clark had a twin? I know there is at least one unfinished story out there where Clark has an identical twin, and it was a great story to start with. Still, I'd like to see more takes on this premise. Especially if things were slightly different.

What if Clark had a twin that was as opposed to him in temperament as could be, but with the same underlying morals?

What if Clark had a twin sister?

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooh, all of these are intriguing! eek (Btw, what are the unfinished stories you mentioned? I'd like to see those).

Actually, one of the ideas on my to-do pile is "What if Clark and Superman were twins?" I mean think about it; we here at FoLCdom are spoiled with the idea of Clark and Superman being actually the same man, so if Lois chooses one she gets both. What if they were actually two different guys? Which one would Lois end up with?

I've also got the idea of Clark and his brother *both* being Superman, via tag-teaming. Man, that would make Lois' hero-worship *so* much more awkward, wouldn't it? laugh

So much fic to write...If only my muse would co-operate...

~•~
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I think the story Mellie mentioned is Lieta's Both Sides of the Coin.
I've also got the idea of Clark and his brother *both* being Superman, via tag-teaming.
See above smile
Man, that would make Lois' hero-worship *so* much more awkward, wouldn't it?
Hmm... I doubt Rachel would like that very much evil

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
What, no comments on the twin sister thing? laugh

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
peep Umm... Yeah... You see. The twin-sibling thingy is... the last bit of fiction I read (well, still reading, although the author's prone to leave me hanging for years...) well... let's just say... it's got twin-siblings. Boy and girl. And things turned out to be very nasty. And bloody. And a bloody mess. True, those two siblings had golden hair instead of brown, but still... To think Lois might end up as Clark's twin... all of Krytpon and all of Earth could be thrown into chaos because of it...

Michael blush blush blush

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
C
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
C
I'm all for Lois getting both Clark twins.

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Well, that might be weird. Maybe you want to write it (in a way that doesn't seem weird, that is)?

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Now that's just mea-- On the other hand, *someone* already made Clark fall in love with Mommy-dearest, so...
laugh

To think Lois might end up as Clark's twin... all of Krytpon and all of Earth could be thrown into chaos because of it...
Hmm, isn't there a Japanese myth about lovers who die together getting reincarnated as twins? ...Oooh, such potential for evil there... evil

~•~
Top Banana
Top Banana
The 2-Clarks-as-twins story that I loved (and was referenced above) was the unfinished story: Both Sides of the Coin by Lieta . I always hoped she'd finish this. I worked with her for a while but the rest of the story never came together.

Bob

Top Banana
Top Banana
The immediate problem that comes to mind re twins as Superman/Clark is--why invent Superman? Superman is an identity invented to protect Clark's normal life. If Clark has a twin brother who is always Superman and never Joe Regular, then poor Joe never gets a normal life.

The obvious way to solve this is to have the twins take turns being Clark Kent *and* Superman, which kills the Lois choosing between Clark and Superman idea, but adds even more "You are in such deep doo-doo when Lois finds out what's really going on" potential. Especially if only one of them is in love with Lois.

It also makes it harder for Lois to figure it out on her own, because she will see Superman and Clark together from time to time, and Clark won't have to make awkward exits because one of him will always be on Superman duty. Then again, there must be some disasters in which *two* Supermen are better than one, and could the "off duty" Clark really stay away in such a case?

Just thinking out loud.

This *is* my happily ever after.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by HappyGirl:
The immediate problem that comes to mind re twins as Superman/Clark is--why invent Superman? Superman is an identity invented to protect Clark's normal life. If Clark has a twin brother who is always Superman and never Joe Regular, then poor Joe never gets a normal life.
Ah, but: what if Joe doesn't *want* a normal life? Remember the Silver Age Superman comics? That guy practically did everything except *sleep* in those tights. Maybe this guy just has a different outlook than Clark "I want to fit in" Kent.

On the other hand, maybe Joe started out normal, but then had his own version of ToGoM? "Gee, Clark, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother dying and all. But look on the bright side: Superman is doing a lot more patrols now, so stuff like this probably won't ever happen again!"

Food for thought. laugh

~•~
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Mary, I love your ideas!

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Let's get really evil, shall we?

Let's twin Lois. Then the sisters can fight over Superman and finally resolve their differences when one of them realizes that Clark is the true prize before the other.

What a perfect solution for the sisters. One gets Superman and the other gets Clark.

Only.....

Could be fun.

Tank (who is willing to take the left over Lois)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Tank:
What a perfect solution for the sisters. One gets Superman and the other gets Clark.

Only.....

Could be fun.
OK, but if you do this, you have to have at the plot twist at the end that losing Lois finds love with alt-Clark. We can't a Lois without her Clark. smile1

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Tank could. That's what makes them Tank endings. devil

This *is* my happily ever after.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Tank, I love this idea!!! clap clap

I see two very reasonable endings.

First, you could have Lois 1 be sort of a Linda King variant that has some elements of Lois but much nastier. She could be someone that is always used to getting her way. She's always taken things and left the scraps for her sister. She's the one that is convinced that Superman will fall for her if she just figures out the right approach. The other Lois can be a slightly mellower version of our Lois. She is used to winning against everyone but her sister. She would be the one that Clark likes and she's the one who finally decides to settle for Clark.

If you make both the Lois's nice, this:
OK, but if you do this, you have to have at the plot twist at the end that losing Lois finds love with alt-Clark. We can't a Lois without her Clark.
is a great idea.

Bob

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Of course, the other, easier option is that Clark and both of the Loises move to Utah... wink

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Queen of the Capes:
Of course, the other, easier option is that Clark and both of the Loises move to Utah... wink
rotflol rotflol rotflol

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by Queen of the Capes:
Uh, wasn't this topic about having two Clarks?

(I guess they - both Clarks and both Loises - can move to Utah regardlessly, but still...)

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I wasn't implying that I was going to write something like this. I don't write much anymore.

I just threw out this variant into the conversation just for the fun of it. If it inspires anyone, all the good.

Tank (who still hasn't written his TOGoM for 2011 yet)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard