dcarson Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
In the scenes you hate thread
VirginiaR
Freelance Reporter
Member # 8444

In GGGOH it really bothered me that Clark destroyed (pulverized) the Kryptonite in that creek / pond by his parent's house and then fought Trask in the same water not a minute later. Yea, on the wet Clark, boo on wouldn't that water now kill him! Especially if a little of it got in his mouth and he swallowed it by mistake. Nor is it ever addressed anywhere about the Kryptonite fallout to the water table, his parent's well and the food grown on the farm. Wouldn't these now be poisonous to him? Yet, he's constantly going to his parent's house and doing just that (eating food grown on the farm and drinking water from the well).
Has anyone done a fic where Kryptonite acts like a real radioactive substance. Lead isn't the only shield, just handy since it is cheap, easy to work and dense. Breaking it into a powder doesn't make it non radioactive but instead makes it more of a problem since it is harder to remove. I know I've seen some where it actually acts as a danger to normal humans but takes long term exposure not the instant reaction that Clark has. I think that in comic canon there was a time Luthor got cancer from wearing a Kryptonite ring for a long time.

#134441 05/13/11 07:52 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Breaking it into a powder doesn't make it non radioactive but instead makes it more of a problem since it is harder to remove.
I had K do this in my story Prisoners , though the other things you mentioned would indeed make an even more realistic K. In my story, Lois had used its glowing properties to escape a tunnel system, and had dropped it during a confrontation with Lex and at least once on the way out--then she discovered she had K dust all over her and had tracked it into Clark's apartment.

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#134442 05/13/11 08:16 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, although I try to portray kryptonite realistically, to do it I have to ignore the K in the pond. grumble

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard